Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Website has a new "choose your side" trailer showing off a face-off between the Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter classes in BioWare's upcoming MMORPG. Here's word: "In 'Choose Your Side,' members of the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ development team debate the merits of the various in-game classes to see who will truly reign supreme. In the first installment in this four-part series, the noble Jedi Knight squares off against the nefarious Bounty Hunter. In support of the Jedi Knight is Senior Writer Hall Hood and Designer Austin Peckenpaugh, while Senior System Designer Pete Warner and Writer Randy Begel defend the Bounty Hunter."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 9, 2011, 18:05 Mead

Cutter wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 13:40:
Mead wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 03:25:
Am I the only one here who thinks the combat looks terrible, even pathetic? Love me some Star Wars, but this is a steaming pile of disappointment.
it still plays like any other MMO.

Yeah, I kicked the MMO habit a while back, but I'm familiar with the systems and the more I played them the less I liked them. That was sort of my point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 13:47 nin

Efflixi wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 10:49:
I'm in the current beta. It's pretty awesome so far!

It's not bad. As I told a friend, it's neither the train wreck that some make it out to be, nor the WOW killer that some hoped it to be.

Then again WOW has lost a bit of it's shine lately...I'd call TOR a suitable alternative, at least so far.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 13:40 Cutter

Mead wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 03:25:
Am I the only one here who thinks the combat looks terrible, even pathetic? Love me some Star Wars, but this is a steaming pile of disappointment.

Except for the voiceovers which give it a SP feel, it still plays like any other MMO. Oh yeah, except the maps are totally on rails. Forget any major world exploration. Hell, most of the time you can't even get off the paths.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 10:49 Efflixi

I'm in the current beta. It's pretty awesome so far!  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 04:54 Veterator

It's funny they call the Jedi Knight the Vanguard of the Republic forces, and they have an advanced trooper class called "Vanguard". So if the Vanguard isn't the Vanguard, what the hell is he?

All these things where they let the developers and stuff talk about the game, they are saying whatever makes the game they are working on sound the best. Consider it a game advertisement instead of informative.

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 03:25 Mead

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 02:42 Ant

zincthallinide wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 21:50:
Must.. play.. The.. Old.. Republic..
Me too. I want a free sampler. Oh and Diablo 3 too.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 8, 2011, 02:37 Pete

I got into the weekend beta. It is very much enjoyable, I was skeptical at first thinking it is only WOW with lightsabers (which it is). But the voice acting makes it so much better.  
Doin' it Big

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 23:53 Doombringer

It looks fun. As fun as WoW, at least.

And I think that's what they're banking on.

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 23:39 eunichron

So far the only people I know who have gotten SW:TOR beta invites are Star Trek fans that hate the whole Star Wars mythos. I think they're deliberately ignoring us Star Wars fans.  

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 23:09 The Half Elf

Must.. get.. beta.. invite

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 21:50 zincthallinide

Must.. play.. The.. Old.. Republic..  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo