Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prototype 2 Combat Trailer

A new trailer from Prototype 2 highlights the fluid, shape-shifting combat in the open-world action sequel, in which the combat from the original Prototype "is truly enhanced and sharpened to an all-new level." Here's word:

As Sgt. James Heller, players will be able to truly master combat while roaming through PROTOTYPE 2's open-world New York Zero (NYZ). New combat moves such as the Tactical Dodge allow players to jump over and avoid incoming enemy attacks and places them in the perfect position for an immediate counter attack. Our vicious dismemberment system allows players to cut off enemy arms and legs (and heads) which alters and slows down enemies, allowing players to get a better visual read on attacking foes, and thusly get out of the way. Heller's new Shield provides both offensive and defensive abilities allowing players to interrupt and stagger incoming enemy attacks, and additionally deflect incoming rockets right back to their sender, or off to other nearby enemies.

Performing a backflip over an incoming Brawler, then deflecting an RPG up to take out a looming attack chopper never felt so good!

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 17:43 Slashman

Jdrez wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 16:34:
I never finished the original. The insane military response once you got high profile made it far too difficult for me.

Not to mention the utter BS of still taking massive damage from gun fire and rockets while you are completely helpless because the canned animation of climbing onto a tank removes your control but doesn't protect you from fire. That was a deal breaker.

Or you just weren't very good at it?

I found once you knew the things that could kill you...you always had several options as to how to deal with them. I loved the combat and shape-shifting of the first game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 16:34 Jdrez

I never finished the original. The insane military response once you got high profile made it far too difficult for me.

Not to mention the utter BS of still taking massive damage from gun fire and rockets while you are completely helpless because the canned animation of climbing onto a tank removes your control but doesn't protect you from fire. That was a deal breaker.

4. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 14:57 Frijoles

Looks good. I guess I'll need to find some time to finish the first one.  

3. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 14:01 Beamer

Fighting Hunters was one of the worst parts of the original game. I mostly ran past them.

I wouldn't say combat wasn't fun, because I did enjoy going inside military bases and destroying everything, but difficult combat wasn't fun. Destroying a base from the inside was something you could do in your sleep. Still satisfying.

Interestingly, I didn't find any minigame challenges fun in this game other than the gliding ones.

It was a fun game and a good time, but that came almost entirely from the joy of gliding. The bulk of my time was either missions, gliding or helicoptering.
As far as open worlds go it still had nothing on Saints Row and Saints Row 2. Those had better combat and better side quests.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 13:53 Elf Shot The Food

It looks a lot better than the original. I wonder if that's because the environments they showed seem smaller and had fewer characters, so they could put in more detail? The first game only had average graphics, but tons of stuff going on.

Nice to see they're fixing the "Getting hit by five guys at once" part. That was probably the most annoying aspect of the first one.

1. Re: Prototype 2 Combat Trailer Oct 7, 2011, 13:33 Alamar

Looking forward to it : )

Won't say I can't wait though, because, obviously, I am : )

-Alamar

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo