Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Serious Sam Double D Demo

Steam now offers a playable demo for Serious Sam Double D, Mommy's Best Games' recently released side-scroller based on the Serious Sam shooters. Here's a reminder of what this game is all about:

Serious Sam explodes into the second dimension using everything in his arsenal to battle the abominable legions of Mental’s horde. Pull the trigger to let the heavy ordinance fly in Serious Sam Double D, a hand drawn, side-scrolling shooter featuring all the over-the-top gameplay and chaotic action of the Serious Sam series. Pile on the firepower with the revolutionary Gunstacker and fire all your weapons at once in a symphony of destruction! All that stands between victory and annihilation is a man in a T-shirt and jeans wielding a great big pile of guns.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 5, 2011, 11:03 Steelcamp

IT says double-D Heh  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 5, 2011, 10:39 Jivaro

Razumen wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 02:49:
Meh, looks like a lazy flash game to me. What's the point of stacking all your guns together? Part of the fun of Serious Sam was using the right guns for the right situations, not Alpha Striking everything continuously.

"Why so serious?" -Joker

4. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 5, 2011, 06:02 Sphinx

Razumen wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 02:49:
Meh, looks like a lazy flash game to me. What's the point of stacking all your guns together? Part of the fun of Serious Sam was using the right guns for the right situations, not Alpha Striking everything continuously.

Gonna spend my monies on Portal 2 which just went on sale instead.

What the, is this a troll? The point of Serious Sam was getting ammo and bigger and bigger guns to shoot the ammo at stuff moving on the screen.

This game lets you stack lots of big guns one on top of the other and then shoot dinosaurs, headless kamikaze women, and flying monkeys.

Also, since you can stack a lot of guns you are often having to make choices about what stack combination you need to use for certain situations and ammo available to you. For example, using grenade launchers in the caves full of dinosaur bones, bad idea. Or stacking five machine guns will kill stuff quick but you'll be running through ammo real fast too.

So believe it or not, there's some choices to make despite the "lazy flashiness" of it.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2011, 06:53.

-Sphinx

3. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 5, 2011, 02:49 Razumen

Gonna spend my monies on Portal 2 which just went on sale instead.

2. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 4, 2011, 22:41 Prez

Nifty game. I only spend about 10 or 20 minutes a time with it, but it's fun. Worth the 8 bucks I paid for sure.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. Re: Serious Sam Double D Demo Oct 4, 2011, 20:18 Cram

Good game.

When once we used to pay $50-60 for a game like Contra3 on the SNES, this game offers far more game-play and variety for muuuuch less. Recommended, and even more so if there is a steam-sale one day. Fun mindless diversion that pays homage to this genre nicely in the Serious Sam style.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo