Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DC Universe Online Update 5 Live

The DC Universe Online Website announces the launch of update five for SOE's superhero MMORPG, titled "The Fate Of The Fortress," as it concerns itself with Superman's Fortress of Solitude. This forum thread offers the complete patch notes, and the Game Updates page has this overview:

The Fortress of Solitude stands on the brink of collapse. When it falls, our world, and what is left of Krypton's legacy, will go down with it. Left with no choice, Superman must turn to his greatest foes for help, or else lose everything. But even a team of Kryptonians with their limitless power, and Lex Luthor, will not be enough. You and seven friends must join with them in an epic battle to defeat Brainiac. The Universe hangs in the balance.

This latest Group Combat Raid takes you in to Superman's majestic Fortress of Solitude where you will fight against a hoard of Brainiac's devastating Sunstone-powered minions. Destroy them, and come face-to-face with Brainiac's most powerful creation yet the deadly Avatar of Meta. A wealth of rewards await those who can help turn the Fate of the Fortress.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 5, 2011, 10:41 Jivaro

I imagine it will be free to play before SWTOR releases.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 5, 2011, 08:36 kanniballl

Esoteric wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 22:35:
When does this go F2P? I played some of the beta and enjoyed it for a bit, but didn't think it justified a sub.

Last I heard, sometime in October.

Then again, historically the DCUO updates have run behind so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into November or December.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

2. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 4, 2011, 23:23 JohnBirshire

When does this go F2P? I played some of the beta and enjoyed it for a bit, but didn't think it justified a sub.

I agree, had very little content, barely enough to hold you over for a month. As a casual free to play game it will probably work better.

1. Re: DC Universe Online Update 5 Live Oct 4, 2011, 22:35 Esoteric

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo