Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Tweaks

A thread on the Steam Users' Forums offers a RAGE tweak guide that explores what PC users can do to improve their experience with id's just-released first-person shooter by going under the hood and using console commands. These include commands for anisotropic filtering, turning off head bob and weapon sway, and to disable mouse smoothing. It seems any such changes must be entered manually every time the game is launched, however, as no one has yet discovered a way to make them stick. Thanks ^Drag0n^.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

14. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 16:17 ^Drag0n^

jimnms wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 15:55:
Where's the rage (punny?) over this? People went ape shit because you had to edit a config file to tweak certain things in Dead Island, but it seems id is getting it easy.

Pesky kids...Uncle Johnny has to hold their hand through the scary autoexec.cfg, eh? When I grew up, I had to walk to school in the snow. Uphill. BOTH WAYS. And we edited our autoexec.cfgs....and we LIKED it!

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 16:00 Verno

jimnms wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 15:55:
Where's the rage (punny?) over this? People went ape shit because you had to edit a config file to tweak certain things in Dead Island, but it seems id is getting it easy.

The 106 post thread has some and its present at many other forums as well.

People went apeshit because Dead Island was literally busted at release by the way. It's still kind of messed up in some ways but its mostly jank. I played a bit last night with some friends and they still haven't fixed the voice bug or the weird instant deaths related to physics.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

12. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:55 jimnms

Steam Profile

11. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:18  Blue 

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:58:
Ugh... I don't prefer to have auto-updaters enabled in my system. I hope I can grab this manually - alternatively I guess I can enable/disable Nvidia Update but would prefer not to.

Yeah, that one is particularly obnoxious. I found a new user account on my machine and when I Googled it, I found it was created by that auto-updater, which seems amateur at best. Needless to say I uninstalled it immediately.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

10. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:07 Verno

You can just add them to the launch options in Steam as well. There is base.cfg in the games directory too but I haven't tested it yet.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

9. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:06 Overon

Previous id games you could have an autoexec.cfg file with all those tweaks in it and it would be autoexecuted every game launch. Anyone try that?

8. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:02 kyleb

It seems my Newegg preorder won't show up until tomorrow, so I won't be able to check for myself until then, but based on previous id games the likely solution is simply to put the tweaks in an autoexec.cfg file in the game's base folder.  

7. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:00 scratz

http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator/status/121289581055324161

New CAP was just posted for Red Orchestra 2 performance http://bit.ly/9FDuCb Proper Rage driver should be up in a few hours

6. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:58 Fibrocyte

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:39:
Dev wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:34:
My understanding is some tweaks can be entered into command line so game starts with them. Tweaks that you do that with only have to be entered once.

Also, I bet there's a way to do a config text file and just run that one command every game startup to load that file.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out now. It being id, I'd be surprised if there were no rage.cfg (or equivalent).

Also, did I see somewhere that NVIDIA tweeted that they were releasing a driver today as well?

( ( ( EDIT ) ) )

Guru3D posted this note from nVidia:

We'll be pushing a profile update for RAGE later today so if you purchased this game, please make sure you have enabled the NVIDIA Update feature.

Ugh... I don't prefer to have auto-updaters enabled in my system. I hope I can grab this manually - alternatively I guess I can enable/disable Nvidia Update but would prefer not to.

5. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:58 raVen

You should be able to exec another config with the options, (putting the exec command in the default.cfg)
I'll double check this when I get home from work.

4. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:39 ^Drag0n^

Dev wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:34:
My understanding is some tweaks can be entered into command line so game starts with them. Tweaks that you do that with only have to be entered once.

Also, I bet there's a way to do a config text file and just run that one command every game startup to load that file.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that one out now. It being id, I'd be surprised if there were no rage.cfg (or equivalent).

Also, did I see somewhere that NVIDIA tweeted that they were releasing a driver today as well?

( ( ( EDIT ) ) )

Guru3D posted this note from nVidia:

We'll be pushing a profile update for RAGE later today so if you purchased this game, please make sure you have enabled the NVIDIA Update feature.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2011, 14:49.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

3. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:36 theyarecomingforyou

scratz wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:18:
From Twitter:

RT @CatalystCreator Don't use the current Rage performance driver - package includes very old files, that's why you're seeing corruption
Thanks for that. Pretty serious mistake, if you ask me. Clearly they were rushing to get it out in time.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

2. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:34 Dev

1. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:18 scratz

From Twitter:

RT @CatalystCreator Don't use the current Rage performance driver - package includes very old files, that's why you're seeing corruption

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo