Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?

A post on the BioWare Social Network has a scan of an ad from a South African retailer that seems to support long-standing suspicions that multiplayer support will be included in Mass Effect 3. The add for the next installment in the action/RPG series lists "online multiplayer pass" as one of the features of a collector's edition. Thanks NeoGAF via VG247. Just last week plans to reveal a "killer new feature" in Mass Effect in the October 25th issue of Xbox World magazine.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 NewMaxx

Sooo people ignored my evidence of this being photoshopped on a previous ME thread? Why do I even post here...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 18:52 Draugr

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 17:49:
Destructoid confirms online passes for ME3

Too bad destructiod isn't bioware, otherwise that might be noteworthy.

Beyond that it's just more people looking at the same image and saying, 'see?'

25. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 18:21 Cutter

I dunno. I'll probably just skip this. All this stuff coming out of Bioware for the last few years is just so meh. I mean they still have moments where they shine and do stuff really well, but most of is is just mediocrity for the masses. Meh. Bleh.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

24. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 17:49 Rattlehead

Destructoid confirms online passes for ME3  

23. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:59 Tumbler

LOL, Stuck with it? Oh no, I'm stuck with a game that I love. Sorry that you hated the game, but there are many people playing it nightly and enjoying it who aren't you. Although I can't possibly fathom playing any shooter on a console that is also available on a PC so we will have to agree to disagree to begin with.

Sounds like a win / win. Not sure where you got hated from, there are plenty of things that game does right but without more content to explore the matches become boring. If Relic adds orks in a dlc pack and maybe the imperial guard and some static defenses and better designed maps the game could be a lot of fun. It feels like they just gave up and shipped this marine vs marine MP game.

Surprise me with DLC relic.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

22. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:52 Marvin T. Martian

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:42:
Sad, very very sad.

Truth!

21. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:49 PropheT

I've really enjoyed the other ME games, and I'm looking forward to 3, but all I could think when I read this was...why? I don't have any interest in this at all, co-op or otherwise.  

20. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 16:20 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:13:
Space Marine had no online pass..... And the Multiplayer does not suck. At least not on PC. Dunno what you're smoking.

The entire game is an online pass for the pc so congrats, you're stuck with it. I traded my 360 copy to some other lucky fellow and I'll be getting a copy of MW3 or BF3 in return at some point.

LOL, Stuck with it? Oh no, I'm stuck with a game that I love. Sorry that you hated the game, but there are many people playing it nightly and enjoying it who aren't you. Although I can't possibly fathom playing any shooter on a console that is also available on a PC so we will have to agree to disagree to begin with.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

19. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 15:54 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 15:03:
Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:44:
... plus it'll likely divert resources away from the single player game.

Creston
Nah they'll just use team "a"wesome to do the MP component. No worries.

They're busy building the next Awesome Dragon Age sequel. This time around it will sell 400 copies, and they'll still bleat how it "Brought in tons of new fans!"

Just watch. It's going to fuck with single player SOMEHOW. This is EA we're talking about. The only way they have of doing something is: Clusterfucked.

Creston

18. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 15:03 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:44:
... plus it'll likely divert resources away from the single player game.

Creston
Nah they'll just use team "a"wesome to do the MP component. No worries.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 14:44 Creston

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:03:

"I'm Commander Shepard, and you're my favorite bitch!"

Hahahahaha. You win the Internets, good Sir.

Multiplayer in ME3. Ugh. It goes against what they had said, plus it'll likely divert resources away from the single player game.

Creston

16. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 14:27 entr0py

Tumbler wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:13:
The entire game is an online pass for the pc so congrats, you're stuck with it. I traded my 360 copy to some other lucky fellow and I'll be getting a copy of MW3 or BF3 in return at some point.

Of course, that's true of all PC multi-player games and has been for many years now. We often forget what a shit deal we're getting compared to consoles in terms of resellability.

Anyway, I think an online mode for ME3 could be welcome if it's just a distraction and accompanies a very full single-player game. GTA 4 did this quite well. The single player game wasn't lacking in any way, so multiplayer felt like just a bonus that proved fun for a few nights.

15. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 14:13 Tumbler

Space Marine had no online pass..... And the Multiplayer does not suck. At least not on PC. Dunno what you're smoking.

If you wanted to play past level 5 you needed an online pass. You can play but the MP game gives huge advantages past about level 10 or so. I think that is the point where you can take 2 perks. Lvl 5 is where you unlock the third (of 3) classes you can play in the MP game.

I think I got to level 11? when I was too bored to keep playing. The combat is extremely repetitive. It does not have enough content. There are only 2 game modes and one of them is almost broken in my opinion. (Deathmatch) Feels like playing TF2 with only the Soldier class. It doesn't feel like there is any variety.

14. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 13:17 gradbot

nin wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:03:

"I'm Commander Shepard, and you're my favorite bitch!"

You made me spit out my morning soda!

13. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 13:03 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 12:55:
Meh, I think I just lost interesting with this game/feature. When it was a stand alone product I had hopes that it would be good but as a feature in ME3 this is probably going to be a "check on a chart" game mode. Sad, I was hoping they'd spin off something special and make an awesome scifi shooter.

Gears definitely added some some substanial MP content this time around so maybe these guys can do that on their first time out. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was better than I expected...Bioware doesn't seem to be out to "over-deliver" lately so I think I'll play it safe and pass on buying ME3 new.

Nail in the coffin is the online multiplayer pass. Every time a company puts that in it's like a signal flare that says this game is shit and nobody would dream of paying for something after they've played it, so get as much money upfront as possible.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine, MP pass. MP game sucks.
Gears 3, no online pass, MP game is awesome and something people are likely going to stick with and pay money in the future.
Homefront, MP is ok but very quickly turns to crap.
Call of Duty, MP is awesome, no pass, people will likely pay lots of money down the road.

Maybe it's too simple to say MP sucks if you use an online pass...it just seems to mean they have no plans to expand/improve it in the future so get the money while you can. I think Assassins Creed Brotherhood has a pass and that was pretty good but it still got old very quickly, they made some improvements but not enough to keep people playing.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

12. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 13:03 Verno

Ugh, I don't know why they would waste resources on it for the third installment in a series. Probably just a tickbox so they can discourage preowned copies using their bizarre online pass system.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

11. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 12:55 Tumbler

Meh, I think I just lost interesting with this game/feature. When it was a stand alone product I had hopes that it would be good but as a feature in ME3 this is probably going to be a "check on a chart" game mode. Sad, I was hoping they'd spin off something special and make an awesome scifi shooter.

Gears definitely added some some substanial MP content this time around so maybe these guys can do that on their first time out. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was better than I expected...Bioware doesn't seem to be out to "over-deliver" lately so I think I'll play it safe and pass on buying ME3 new.

Nail in the coffin is the online multiplayer pass. Every time a company puts that in it's like a signal flare that says this game is shit and nobody would dream of paying for something after they've played it, so get as much money upfront as possible.

Warhammer 40k Space Marine, MP pass. MP game sucks.
Gears 3, no online pass, MP game is awesome and something people are likely going to stick with and pay money in the future.
Homefront, MP is ok but very quickly turns to crap.
Call of Duty, MP is awesome, no pass, people will likely pay lots of money down the road.

Maybe it's too simple to say MP sucks if you use an online pass...it just seems to mean they have no plans to expand/improve it in the future so get the money while you can. I think Assassins Creed Brotherhood has a pass and that was pretty good but it still got old very quickly, they made some improvements but not enough to keep people playing.

10. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 12:31 Slashman

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 11:55:
InBlack wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:54:
Will it feature inovative 3d physics, like you know jumping???

I would dig that if my character could jump, it would make me really immersed in the game and everything, not to mention how the multiplayer would become even more interesting in three dimensions...
lmao

Btw this can't be real, can it? Having multiplayer in Collector Edition only, weird.

I bet if you don't buy the CE, then you'll e given the 'option' to purchase it as DLC at a later date. Fun for the whole family!!!!!!

9. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 11:55 Acleacius

InBlack wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:54:
Will it feature inovative 3d physics, like you know jumping???

I would dig that if my character could jump, it would make me really immersed in the game and everything, not to mention how the multiplayer would become even more interesting in three dimensions...
lmao

Btw this can't be real, can it? Having multiplayer in Collector Edition only, weird.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 11:50 nin

Drezden wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 11:31:
If it allows people to hop in for Coop and take control of one of your companions a la Gears of War. Great.

That's my bet.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo