Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 3, 2011, 13:22 m0deth

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 15:31:
What about all the Little People that play video games? ...

I was just thinking..."Let the dwarf rage begin!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 3, 2011, 00:41 Aero

I started off with inverted mouse aim, but ten years ago or so I forced myself to switch because every once in a while there would be a game that didn't let you choose which way to do it. It was rare, but happened often enough and was frustrating enough that it was worth switching.

It took a while to get used to it, and it pissed me off a lot at first, but I managed.

Now my problem is that I still want to use joysticks and thumbsticks in the inverted fashion, so I just can't cope with first person shooters on consoles. Third person games aren't a problem though, and I still do those inverted. I'm not really sure why, but I suspect it's because there is translational motion to the camera rather than just rotational.

13. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 22:15 Cutter

necrosis wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 18:43:
Anything that my brain sees as 'flying' makes me pull the mouse back (towards me) to go up and forward (away from me) to go down. But in FPS, 3rd person games I pull the mouse towards me to look/aim down and push away from me to look/aim up.

That how most everyone does it. Nothing unusual about that.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 18:43 necrosis

Ray Ban wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 17:09:
So you use inverted mouse in flight sims and non-inverted in other games?

Then you must have some kind of superior brain. Like those people who are equally good with both hands ...
Yeah actually I do. Well the first line anyhow. Can't write with my left hand for shit. Grandmother could do both but she was born a lefty but in school was FORCED to write with her right hand because that's what they were taught.

Anything that my brain sees as 'flying' makes me pull the mouse back (towards me) to go up and forward (away from me) to go down. But in FPS, 3rd person games I pull the mouse towards me to look/aim down and push away from me to look/aim up.

I would have ditched games like Battlefield years ago if they did not have independent options for if you were in a flying vehicle or not.

Hell now because if FFXI I have to invert left/right movement in 3rd person games (Uncharted) but leave them as default when I go into first person (aiming). FFXI's left/right look by default is biased on where the camera is not where your looking. So when you move the stick to the left you look right and vice versa. Opposite of like... everything else. I played the game so much over 8-9 years it is burned into my brain now. But after playing for a hour I can get used to the norm again. Its not really an issue.

11. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 18:06 ^Drag0n^

Sepharo wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 17:16:

Then you must have some kind of superior brain. Like those people who are equally good with both hands ...

Isn't that how most do it? I push down to fly up in BF then bail out and shoot with normal aim.

Same here. It seems natural go me. Dunno why.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

10. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 17:59 Ray Ban

Sepharo wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 17:16:

Isn't that how most do it? I push down to fly up in BF then bail out and shoot with normal aim.

I have no idea how most people do it. I don't think I've ever seen a study or poll on this subject.

All I know is that I played the early MS Flight Simulator games with an inverted mouse. Then Doom came around. Inverted mouse aim felt natural and non-inverted felt completely wrong. But again, people are wired differently.

BTW, I have a joystick standing by for BF

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

9. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 17:16 Sepharo

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 17:09 Ray Ban

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:54 necrosis

Inverted aim? Its a FPS/3rd person game not a flight sim.

Retarded people have their heads on inverted.

6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:34 Beamer

My guess would be, if you ever actually see this implemented, it just determines who is in front of it and uses a predetermined setting for that individual. Easier than entering a parent control password.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:22 Milkman Dan

Finally! A reason for kids to have a blow-up doll without all the illicit sexual overtones!  

4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:14 Silicon Avatar

Unfold cardboard cut-out, play M-rated game.

A fine job, MS. A fine job.

3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 16:00 SirKnight

Estimate age from a body scan? Oh yeah...that's going to go over real well.  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 15:31 Dirwulf

What about all the Little People that play video games? ...

1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 2, 2011, 15:27 DangerDog

Hasn't Kinect failed yet?

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo