Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Planned Battlefield 3 Changes

The Battlefield Blog offers a list of changes DICE will implement in the release version of the military shooter sequel based on feedback from beta testers. A full list is outlined on the Battlelog forums, and here's the condensed list:

A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)

• Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
  • Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
  • Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
  • Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
  • Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
  • A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
  • Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
  • Tweaked the Rank progression.
  • Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
  • Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
  • Framerate stability fixes.
  • The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
  • Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
  • Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
  • Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
  • Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 23:52 Linksil

You gotta remember that Rush is just 1 part of many in the BF name. I'd have liked it if they did a rush map with vehicles, but at the same time i'm love the inf only one.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 18:34 Marvin T. Martian

Ventura wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:59:
As it stands, 6 months ago they were showing everyone how awesome the game is. Since then it's be nothing but reasons for people to not buy.

Pretty much sums it up for me. For my part, they don't have a hope at a purchase now.

Agree, just jumped into the Beta and it is not worthy of BF franchise name--just another pretty run,gun and die--they can't even be bothered to unlock the caspian map so we try some vehicles.
Still not on my buy list.

29. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 15:54 Sphinx

Linksil wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 11:02:
Do they even have VOIP? From what I can make of it it's in there somewhere, but you have to set up your squad/voip with people you co join games with before you join. Squad imp is horrible compared to BC2.

I asked around in-game with others. VoIP isn't working yet. My friends and I are just using a Ventrilo server that I have.

-Sphinx

28. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 12:18 Caladell

Jerykk wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 02:42:
Just picked up RO2 myself today. Go to greenmangaming.com. They have a usable code for the weekend that'll knock the price of the game down to $30.

GetGames is selling it for $24.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

Wow, never heard of that place before. Looking around there a bit, I'm seeing some very nice prices.

27. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 11:02 Linksil

Do they even have VOIP? From what I can make of it it's in there somewhere, but you have to set up your squad/voip with people you co join games with before you join. Squad imp is horrible compared to BC2.  

26. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 06:43 Nate

Think this beta is more for them to test the server performance and battlelog stuff. They have patched the game a little. The Caspian limited testing made no sense.

The VOIP for BF3 has me puzzled. I play lots of pickup games and I'm not hearing anyone talking in game. VOIP seems like a complete screwed mess on an important part of playing a team based shooter.

25. Re: Hell yeah Oct 1, 2011, 04:51 DangerDog

Linksil wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 02:18:
WHY are these changes not Open Beta V1 to V2! Ohhh these things will be fixed for the release, but you dont' get to see or test that to see what else it breaks. This is a DEMO not a beta... beta's get updates and patches(normally daily at least) until it's fixed.

It's a little bit of both, I'm sure they've harvested some data from all the players - look at the "Tweaked the Rank progression" fix, you know that means you'll need to grind for hours to progress.

What they don't seem to want to address are things like not being able to change your soldier name in Battlelog, and the rather absurd "streamlining" of the way squads now work.

Of course October 25th is going to be a paid beta, it always is with Battlefield games.

24. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 04:47 Krovven

Cool. Just grabbed RO2 for $24.

23. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 02:42 Jerykk

Just picked up RO2 myself today. Go to greenmangaming.com. They have a usable code for the weekend that'll knock the price of the game down to $30.

GetGames is selling it for $24.

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad

22. Re: Hell yeah Oct 1, 2011, 02:18 Linksil

WHY are these changes not Open Beta V1 to V2! Ohhh these things will be fixed for the release, but you dont' get to see or test that to see what else it breaks. This is a DEMO not a beta... beta's get updates and patches(normally daily at least) until it's fixed.  

21. Hell yeah Oct 1, 2011, 02:00 Darth Guybrush

That kinda crossed my mind to in this day of super strong passwords.  

20. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Oct 1, 2011, 01:09 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:37:
People said RO2 was heavily bugged. Until BF3 "beta" came out.

BF3 is the most bugged game I've seen, surpassing RO2 easily. And with DICE trackrecord, being a "beta" doesn't cut it since this is pretty much the final product.

That's a pretty laughably false statement. RO2 you had to download files from a separate source just to get the server browser to show servers, then when it did, it crashed repeatedly. Then when you got in, nothing that was supposed to be unlocked was. You would occasionally jump a ridiculous amount of levels from a single kill, get melee kill bonuses for sniping, none of the actual stats would save. You gained kills with weapons you never used. Then when they tried to fix it, they screwed it up even worse and added the hero weapons to classes that aren't supposed to have them, and gave them to you regardless of rank and they still haven't fixed that one.

Add in the routine crashes and disconnects during map changes, the hideous performance issues on top of the line machines...

No. Trying to claim that BF3's beta is even in the same ballpark as RO2 retail is beyond absurd. It's buggy, but it's not RO2 buggy.

You're just seeing with hate filled goggles and nothing more.

19. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 23:50 Caladell

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:24:
I'll be getting RO2 before I touch another CoD game anytime soon.

I was able to try RO2 for about 15min at a friends house, and the infantry combat felt pretty good. Still not paying $40 for it though.

Just picked up RO2 myself today. Go to greenmangaming.com. They have a usable code for the weekend that'll knock the price of the game down to $30. Haven't played a lot of it yet, but it seems pretty good.

My biggest issue with BF3 is getting kicked constantly. I haven't been able to play a full match yet. Highly annoying. Especially once you get kicked you have to load the whole game again. Ugh

18. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 23:40 SirKnight

To me this game feels too fast paced. Kinda CoD like. But, I played the beta right after playing Splinter Cell so I guess everything would feel fast after that, hah. But basically this is CoD with better graphics, like I figured.

Then it crashed. lol

I can't tell you how many times I was killed because I was trying to bind my keys. :/

So yeah, I don't see me paying $60. Plus I don't like to have to use Origin. I prefer to have all my games launch from Steam (the key thing here is ONE central place) even if they are not Steam games. I also don't like using a browser for the server list. I'd prefer either in-game server list or a program like Gamespy/Kali used to be. Just not a web browser.

17. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 22:48 Bhruic

Why is the beta part in quotes? It IS a beta. RO2 has been launched. If BF3 comes out in the current state, then your comment is valid, but until then, you're comparing apples and oranges.

16. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 22:48 |oR|jonvall

Bludd wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:30:
I can for certain say you will be able to rebind keys in the full version, and you are not able to in the beta. How extensive the rebinding feature is, I can't say, but it will exist.

Yeah...you'll be able to change one or two buttons...the rest...."PFFFFTTT...We'll get it in one of the patches up the road."

I still remember the key binding issues BF2 had for some time after retail release! It almost seems as if the programers at Dice skipped that day in video game college or something!

So don't come here like a little fanboy tellin us how shit's gonna be fixed!

I even upgraded my pc for this game......BUT.....I WILL NOT BUY THIS GAME TILL THAT ISSUE IS FIXED! Plus APB plays great on my new system and that game is pretty awesome now!

15. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:59 Ventura

As it stands, 6 months ago they were showing everyone how awesome the game is. Since then it's be nothing but reasons for people to not buy.

Pretty much sums it up for me. For my part, they don't have a hope at a purchase now.

14. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:37 ASeven

BF3 is the most bugged game I've seen, surpassing RO2 easily. And with DICE trackrecord, being a "beta" doesn't cut it since this is pretty much the final product.

13. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:27 Bludd

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:50:
but I can for certain say you will be able to rebind keys in the full version, and you are not able to in the beta. How extensive the rebinding feature is, I can't say, but it will exist.

So I should come to you for a refund if they don't?

Yes.

12. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:25 finga

vrok wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:26:
Of course binding keys is going to be in the final game.
You can rebind keys in the current beta... it's just broken as hell and you can't rebind mouse buttons. This is DICE we're talking about so I'm not entirely convinced that it'll be fixed, since apparently no one bothered to fix obvious bugs with key rebinding moving from alpha to beta.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo