Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dead Island DLC Delayed

The Dead Island Facebook page indicates that the release of the first DLC for Techland's zombie game is delayed while they polish the game itself (thanks VG247). Here's the deal:

We are working hard to make the Bloodbath Arena DLC available as soon as possible. However, due to further polishing of the main game the finalisation of the DLC code has been delayed. We know that many fans are eagerly waiting for it and apologise for any inconvenience. We expect to announce a release update next week.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 2, 2011, 12:38 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 15:41:
Dades wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 15:10:
Have they fixed the always on voice crap yet?

Modders have.

Where? There's a config option that does nothing, that Dead Island config utility removed it.

You are an idiot. Try and get a refund because you cant get the game to run (which I'm willing to bet is user error), fine. Not because DLC is delayed...which has fuck all to do with Valve.

Khaos, ignore this wankjob like most other people do, he has the social graces of a mosquito.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2011, 12:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 2, 2011, 12:11 Total-Khaos

Krovven wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 01:35:
You are an idiot. Try and get a refund because you cant get the game to run (which I'm willing to bet is user error), fine. Not because DLC is delayed...which has fuck all to do with Valve.

Again, per Steam's user agreement, they will not issue a refund if you can't get a game to run - plain and simple. You obviously have never tried to get a refund from Steam before...it is a complete nightmare. Anyway, Steam will give you a refund if they advertised a game having no DRM but the game actually has it, or other incorrectly advertised features / functions. Because this news article explicitly states that the DLC would be available one month after release if you pre-order, and the news was posted by Valve themselves, your odds of getting a refund increase. They did not post a disclaimer stating that the DLC may be released at a later date and at the sole discretion of the developer / publisher. Frankly, I'll use any loophole I can find to get my money back for a game I can't get working, regardless if it may be user error or not. Based on your name calling, I can only assume that you must be about 13 years old, so I'll go ahead and wait while you go ask your mom what "consumer rights" are...

10. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 2, 2011, 01:35 Krovven

9. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 17:07 Total-Khaos

Krovven wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 16:28:
What part of this has nothing to do with Valve, did you not understand?

You obviously don't get it...of course the DLC being delayed has nothing to do with Valve themselves. However, they stated explicitly before pre-ordering that the DLC would be available ONE MONTH after the game was released. Therefore, if someone can't get the game working and happened to pre-order, Valve is obligated to give those folks refunds due to their own deceptive news article. Duhhrrrrrr....

8. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 16:28 Krovven

Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 14:53:
Valve leads you to believe the DLC would be released one month after release if you pre-ordered the game.

What part of this has nothing to do with Valve, did you not understand?

You saying you would prefer they get the DLC out instead of focusing on fixing the main game first? Nobody would agree with you. You are just fucking stupid.

As for getting your game working, aside from the obvious, try different driver versions, I can't help you. Game has run just fine for me since release, with a few graphic errors, but they are gone now.

7. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 15:41 jacobvandy

Dades wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 15:10:

Modders have.

6. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 15:10 Dades

5. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 14:53 Total-Khaos

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:43:

And seriously, if you want a refund because DLC is delayed, you are a very sad sad individual. You must be friends with Cutter.

Sadly, due to Steam's user agreement, getting a refund for a piece of crap game that doesn't work right is almost impossible. I can't even play the game myself as all I get is a black screen. I've tried every possible suggestion in forums but still no go. I exceed the system requirements by a considerable amount as well. Anyhow, Valve leads you to believe the DLC would be released one month after release if you pre-ordered the game. It doesn't say anything about the publisher releasing the DLC on their schedule. Steam will offer a refund if you bought a game due to a misleading article they posted under their moniker.

4. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 01:30 spindoctor

I finished Dead Island a week or so ago... lasted me ~33 hours and it was well worth it. One of the best zombie games I've ever played. But as much as I like the game, I have to say that the developers have seriously dropped the ball when it comes to post release support. We got a couple of patches in the first 3 days when they released the wrong build of the game on Steam but after that, there has been nothing. The game is a janky, buggy release with a lot of issues that need to be fixed. Sure, a lot of the issues have been taken care of by the mod community but I don't think the developer should rely on that, which is what I feel they have been doing. And there are still other problems that need to be sorted out. For a game that is breaking sales records for the publisher, I would have expected a little more professionalism when it comes to dealing with problems in a timely manner.

On a side note, I'll also mention that I personally cannot see the appeal of arena style DLC for a game like this. They should get to work on the Ryder White campaign instead of continuously pushing back this silly arena DLC.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

3. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 00:31 Wallshadows

I've seen people in the WoW forums ask for a refund when a server gets knocked offline for a couple hours when it's not Tuesday.

It's really funny.

2. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Sep 30, 2011, 20:43 Krovven

Total-Khaos wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:28:

Way to stick your foot in your mouth Valve...

Uhhm right...Valve doesn't make up the promotion stuff for other companies. They would have posted what details were given to them.

And seriously, if you want a refund because DLC is delayed, you are a very sad sad individual. You must be friends with Cutter.

1. Re: Dead Island DLC Delayed Sep 30, 2011, 20:28 Total-Khaos

Well, folks who pre-ordered this game through Steam may be entitled to a refund based on the following news release Valve put out there on 07/20/2011:

"Bloodbath Arena DLC - Bloodbath Arena downloadable content pack will become available one month after the game's release."

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5879/

Way to stick your foot in your mouth Valve...

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo