Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers

The SEGA Blog now offers the E3 presentation from Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox Software's upcoming shooter based on the sci-fi series. Word is: "It’s here – the footage you’ve been waiting for – Aliens: Colonial Marines! We have a true treat for fans who have been waiting so patiently (soooo patiently!) for footage of the upcoming SEGA and Gearbox title. We have an 11 minute video that details a single encounter in the upcoming game, narrated expertly by the one and only Randy Pitchford of Gearbox." There's also an gameplay walkthrough video on GamePro, along with discussion of their anticipation for the game.

View
34. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Oct 3, 2011, 15:16 MrRadicalEd

Darks wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 11:32:
MrRadicalEd wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 09:17:
"hells yeah" ?

Well I am starting to be turned off the more I see this. I love the visuals and many other elements, but the pacing is off for my taste. Not every encounter has to be a batch of aliens after you.

So far from what I've seen, it is a roller coaster ride filled with aliens being tossed at you. As I recall from the original movie, the space marines seem to be thwarted with just as many situational problems as alien encounters.

Apparently you don’t know anything about the Aliens movie. Every encounter was a batch of Aliens encountering the Marines. You forget this game is modeled after the movie. The slogan in the original movie trailers back in the day stated. "This time it’s War” That means shit loads of Alien hordes attacking you relentlessly. This is Aliens 2.5 not Aliens 1, get with it dude.
  • "This Time It's War" is based upon the Vietnam War motif. There was never a relentless attack, but a cat and mouse chase with hazards along the way. Poop never hit the fan till the nest was disturbed

• And BTW, did you not follow that both Starships crashed on the planet and the Marines are now faced with trying to survive until help can reach them? Id say thats pretty dramactic in terms of facing hordes of Alien attacks and figuring out how your going to survive there.
  • The environment you describe is a setting for the game. It is only going to be as dramatic as the level of interaction between the play and level. Rather than "room, shoot, room shoot", it would have been more interesting, game design wise, for each situation a player encounters to be a real purpose or problem to solve. Then the concept of pacing becomes a compliment.

• I realize this is only a taste of an early level; however, the amount of scripted events and "gallery shooting" reminds me of Virtua Cop, and I can only hope for one of my friends to get crippled by alien blood so I can be forced to slow down to help him out.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
      1. Sep 30, 20:43 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Cutter
      31. Oct 1, 16:01  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ray Marden
      35. Oct 3, 16:07   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers ^Drag0n^
      2. Sep 30, 21:54 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      3. Sep 30, 22:05  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Parias
      4. Sep 30, 22:09   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      5. Sep 30, 22:35 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Fletch
      6. Sep 30, 22:40  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      18. Oct 1, 04:54   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Prez
      19. Oct 1, 05:48    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Krovven
      26. Oct 1, 11:45     Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Dades
      24. Oct 1, 11:27    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Darks
      7. Sep 30, 22:54 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Wallshadows
      8. Sep 30, 23:44  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Jerykk
      10. Oct 1, 00:15   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Fletch
      12. Oct 1, 01:08    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      13. Oct 1, 01:35     Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Jerykk
      14. Oct 1, 01:42      Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      15. Oct 1, 02:09       Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Shataan
      17. Oct 1, 03:58      Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers dumpy
      16. Oct 1, 02:20   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Cutter
      9. Oct 1, 00:02 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers dumpy
      11. Oct 1, 01:05 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Wallshadows
      20. Oct 1, 09:17 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers MrRadicalEd
      25. Oct 1, 11:32  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Darks
    >> 34. Oct 3, 15:16   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers MrRadicalEd
      21. Oct 1, 10:26 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ray Ban
      23. Oct 1, 10:30  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Ant
      22. Oct 1, 10:28 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers theyarecomingforyou
      27. Oct 1, 12:42 Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Doombringer
      28. Oct 1, 12:49  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Mashiki Amiketo
      32. Oct 1, 16:38   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers space captain
      29. Oct 1, 13:25  Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers theyarecomingforyou
      30. Oct 1, 15:51   Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Trevellian
      33. Oct 1, 17:36    Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Fantaz

footer

Blue's News logo