Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week

Valve announces an October 4th release of Peer Review, the promised free Portal 2 DLC, which will offer a new co-op campaign, a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and Challenge Mode leaderboards for the Windows, OS X, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 editions of the puzzle/platformer sequel. The DLC was scheduled for this past summer, making so it's right on schedule (Valve Time). Here's the announcement, which includes word that the final installment in the "Songs to Test By soundtrack on the Official Portal 2 Website:

September 29, 2011 -- Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the free DLC update for its bestselling game franchise Portal 2 will be rolled out across all regions on Steam, Xbox LIVE and PSN starting October 4th. The free DLC, titled "Portal 2: Peer Review", is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac.

In "Peer Review", you and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.

To hold you over until the release next week, visit http://thinkwithportals.com/ for the final installment of the Portal 2 soundtrack Music to Test By.

Portal 2 is a hilariously mind-bending adventure that challenges you to use wits over weaponry in a funhouse of diabolical science. For more information on Steam, please visit http://www.steampowered.com.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Oct 22, 2011, 23:45 eRe4s3r

Well how can it be challenging when all you had to do was look what part of the level can be portal'd ... 99% of them surfaces were always "no portals allowed here"

Would have wished Portal 2 would move out of the testing arena because Portal gun would have WAY more intelligent applications in a urban combat situation or even to get in and out of buildings unnoticed

So much wasted potential. This DLC adds nothing i even care about. What Portal 2 needs is to take its mechanics and make an actual game out of it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Oct 8, 2011, 00:44 ForgedReality

http://i.imgur.com/rp46x.png  

17. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 23:29 MxxCon

I don't know if this is new or not, but Portal 2's music site has an easter egg http://www.thinkwithportals.com/turret_comic/  

16. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 22:25 ForgedReality

It's about fuckin time! I was surprised at the lack of a feeling of replayability I got from this game. I played it once, then played thru the campaign in multiplayer once. Haven't been back since. :\  

15. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 19:36 Bludd

Portal 2 was great and this free content is nice.  

14. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 18:06 Beelzebud

My only complaint about Portal 2 is that there were no insanely challenging maps. I'm hoping the Challenge Mode will bring some hard ones to the table.  

13. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 17:33 dheer

Draugr wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:32:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:22:
nin wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:20:
Portal 2 has easily been my biggest disappointment of the year. No DLC is going to fix that.

I don't think anything can beat Dragon Age II.

Confirmed.
My sources have also confirmed this.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

12. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 17:27 theyarecomingforyou

Portal 2 has easily been my biggest disappointment of the year. No DLC is going to fix that.
I didn't think the humour was as good as the original but it was still an excellent game. To me the characters were more interesting and the new gameplay mechanics worked well, as keeping the game interesting. The length was good without it dragging.

It depends what expectations you went in with.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 16:17 Paketep

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:34:
I wasn't happy with the puzzle difficulty and linearity but it was still a stellar game.

The perfect review for Portal 2 in 16 words.

In general I use to say that opinions are like assess: everyone has one. But anyone that didn't love Portal 2 has no soul.

10. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 16:01 Graham

I tested this out a few months ago (thought they were pushing it out for July) and had a blast with it. We beat 7 of 8 levels in under three hours, with the last (2 paints, 1 bridge, I think it was called) being the hardest.

Not sure if there's more to it than the levels we tested, but we had a great time with them.

9. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:59 Cutter

I really liked the Qunari in DA2. I want to see a game based on them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:43 Wolfen

Oh thank god some new stuff! I love this game. Any of you guys wanna play some MP with me?  

7. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:37 Tumbler

...pretty bad timing. I'll be playing Dark Souls, Rage, Gears 3, Dead Island and possibly watching Transformers dark moon and fast five...

Booting up portal 2 for this seems like a low priority. Plus there is the BF3 beta...which they have to be planning on adding maps too...right? I mean they can't really be only showing metro? I'm hoping they're going to unlock a new map or something...

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:34 Verno

What was disappointing about Portal 2? I mean other than it wasn't as original as the first one, but how could it be? I thought the story was great, the levels were interesting and varied, and I liked the new mechanics. Not to mention a pretty fun co-op campaign. What's there to be disappointed in?

Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by that too, I even recall him being fairly enthusiastic about it after release. I wasn't happy with the puzzle difficulty and linearity but it was still a stellar game.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

5. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:32 Draugr

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:22:

Confirmed.

4. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:30 Pineapple Ferguson

What was disappointing about Portal 2? I mean other than it wasn't as original as the first one, but how could it be? I thought the story was great, the levels were interesting and varied, and I liked the new mechanics. Not to mention a pretty fun co-op campaign. What's there to be disappointed in?

3. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:22 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:20 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Next Week Sep 30, 2011, 15:15 mch

Arg! Same day as Dark Souls.

But I guess that works, since it says you "continue the story" of the co-op campaign, which I still haven't finished.

That's some good "mid-September" releasing! Ahh, Valve Time.

PSN: CaseDesignate

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo