Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Broken Sword Free on GOG.com

GOG.com announces that to thank everyone for helping them pass the threshold of six million unique game downloads, they are giving away Broken Sword: Director's Cut + The Original Game for free. Here's word:

Last week, during CD Projekt Fall 2011 Conference, we've launched a counter on the main page which indicated the number of unique games downloaded at GOG.com. Today that counter hit 6 million unique game downloads, and to celebrate this fact and to thank all of you at GOG.com, together with Revolution Software, we're lowering the price for first part of the acclaimed Broken Sword series to “free"! In order to receive the free copy of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars free, go to the gamecard and click on “download now”, at which point the game will be added to your game shelf.

The special offer for Broken Sword is valid until October 1, at 7:59 a.m. EDT (11:59 a.m. GMT), so be sure to grab it by then and don’t forget to share the news with all your friends!!!

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 13:19 Dev

I had arcanum and vampire masquerade in my library too which I think were both limited time free things from GoG. I always add free items when I spot them to my GoG library. I don't tend to buy stuff from them much though, both because of price (I'd prefer to buy packs and collections of stuff, but their prices don't seem as good as steam has spoiled me to expect), and in large part because of the contempt they showed for customers during the whole fake shutdown thing and fake arrogant apology following it. Maybe they will eventually change my mind into buying stuff from them again, and offering free goodies like this is a good start.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 12:18 yuastnav

Dirwulf wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:04:
I ended up with two copies. And apparently I bought JA Deadly Games at some point and don't remember as that is in my library as well.

This one was also given away for free at some point. I think everyone who had an account on that site before their relaunch received a copy.

11. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 12:04 Dirwulf

I ended up with two copies. And apparently I bought JA Deadly Games at some point and don't remember as that is in my library as well.  

10. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 11:16 Fletch

Damn, I love GOG.  

9. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 Cornholio

I bet you hated the mimes in Nolf2.
They had guns.
Must have been horrifying for you...

8. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 30, 2011, 05:27 A51Abductee

Mark wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 22:26:
Because of the overloaded servers, I seem to have ended up with 3 copies of the game in my "owned games" collection on gog. Well at least it'll come in handy in case I lose one.

I ended up with three copies as well... weird

7. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 23:58 MoreLuckThanSkill

Ah cool, a free old school game I haven't played. I'll just download that and.. OH MY GOD, THERE ARE MIMES IN THIS.

Too scary.

6. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 23:44 Riker

If the site ever stops getting pummled, I'll give it a go. It's been a long time since adventure games have caught my eye, but I can afford free. Just barely.  

5. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 23:39 D4rkKnight

Because of the overloaded servers, I seem to have ended up with 3 copies of the game in my "owned games" collection on gog. Well at least it'll come in handy in case I lose one.

This happens more often then you think, for instance, I lost my copy of Diablo 3 beta...Blizzard?

4. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 22:26 Mark

3. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 21:27 Sho

That's awesome :).  

2. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 20:59 StingingVelvet

Sho wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 20:45:
Still my favorite adventure game ever, just a small notch above The Longest Journey. Not really all that happy with the Director's Cut, though - I miss having the Paris opening at the front of the game. Plus, playing the original in ScummVM with its resolution upconverting modes kind of makes for better graphics on modern screens than what the DC pulls off.

GOG gives you both versions and the files for the original version can be used in ScummVM, so no worries.

1. Re: Broken Sword Free on GOG.com Sep 29, 2011, 20:45 Sho

Still my favorite adventure game ever, just a small notch above The Longest Journey. Not really all that happy with the Director's Cut, though - I miss having the Paris opening at the front of the game. Plus, playing the original in ScummVM with its resolution upconverting modes kind of makes for better graphics on modern screens than what the DC pulls off.  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo