Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RAGE Trailer

The Bethesda Blog now offers the sixth and final installment in their series of gameplay trailers from RAGE, id Software's upcoming first-person shooter, showing a little of the game's driving as well as combat. Word is: "With less than a week until launch, we’ve released the sixth and final RAGE gameplay video! Watch as your character infiltrates the Jackal bandit clan’s camp in order to retrieve a data decrypter that could help the Resistance defeat The Authority."

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 22:50 Alamar

Krovven wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 21:33:
Alamar wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:35:
Incidentally, is there any replayability? Co-Op? I'm not in the loop : )

Why not look up info on the game and get the answers yourself?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

Series of promo videos.
http://www.rage.com/en/media/media-videos

Has Co-op, Multiplayer is vehicular only.

Ya, I looked on steam after I posted...

"exclusive co-op modes" doesn't sound like my cup of sodey pop : )

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 21:33 Krovven

Alamar wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 20:35:

Why not look up info on the game and get the answers yourself?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/

Series of promo videos.
http://www.rage.com/en/media/media-videos

Has Co-op, Multiplayer is vehicular only.

47. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 20:39 Alamar

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:54:
Fletch wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:13:
Pirate XBOX360 and PS3 versions already in the ether. I await the developer/industry "Pirates are Killing Console Gaming" rants.
How many Steamworks titles have actually been cracked before release? From what I can tell it seems to be effective at preventing pre-release leaks, though seems to offer no challenge to crackers post-release. Afterall, it used to be that games were available pirated weeks before they were actually released, which meant even paying customers would often download it just to play it early.

Nowadays I typically see posts about the console version being pirated before the PC version, so the tables really have turned. And yet publishers still seem to whine more about PC piracy and make no mention of console piracy.

It's all about consistency... If all 360 games, and all ps3 games (separately, not as a group) use the same protection, then once it's cracked once, you're just running a utility to do the 'hard work'... Plus, I'm no expert on this, because I ignore the news most times, but I thought PS3 cracking took a long time... But once it was done, and the method disseminates, it's easy peasy (for those in the know).

PC game cracking used to vary quite a bit (home grown vs all the hated DRM schemes you can list).. Now that everything is on Steam, it should hold true the same as consoles, unless they're always changing their copy protection schemes...

-Alamar

46. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 20:35 Alamar

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 09:12:
I don't know, maybe I'm just too optimistic or naive but I preordered because it looks like Borderlands with actual gameplay that's worth a damn.

I find this amusing, as, being a fan of Borderlands, I look at Rage, and wonder why I would want to play it ; )

-Alamar

45. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 17:40 scratz

It breaks my heart a little to see "RAGE by Bethesda Softworks" instead of the much more appropriate "RAGE by id Software".

44. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 15:59 jmtinfinitet

No gibs or multi from an Id game? I'm sure they are just going for something totally different with this game but it still looks like it will feel like a id game. i definitely like how doomish the rocket launcher looks, they are fps gods after all, shits gonna be dope.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 16:43.

43. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 15:47 Verno

Definitely, all good points but unfortunately its still happening, it's just shifted away from the public eye. You don't find it on a random torrent site anymore, its on a few chinese and russian forums. Someone reverse engineered the protocol for the steam content servers so unless valve actively disables some of the content (like you said, removing an executable) then people can usually get it beforehand. Unfortunately they seem to be able to get these things commonly through press or even publisher sources.

It's a shame really, it just scares publishers into not doing preloads which are great for the customer.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

42. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 15:32 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:00:
Plenty of Steamworks games have been available pre-release, they just don't get "scene" releases by groups. There a bunch of P2P groups that basically specialize in hacking Steam titles now though, its common to get them ahead of time. I know people were playing Red Faction Armageddon a good two weeks before release for example. The only difficulty in cracking steamworks games is essentially getting the complete content files pre-release, the actual executable obfuscation is a joke.
That game seems to be the exception. It's pretty hard to crack a game if the executable isn't available. Typically the only way to get hold of a usable executable is if a demo is released or if the press release isn't carefully controlled. Modern Warfare 2 leaked the day before, though that wasn't an open torrent (the most common vector).

We'll see with RAGE as there's no demo planned, so it should be a pretty good example. If it leaks beforehand then we'll know our answer.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

41. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 14:20 Verno

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 13:34:
It's up to Valve whether to allow it or not, not id. And Valve isn't really the friendliest when it comes to allowing preloads...

Creston

It's not up to Valve in the traditional sense, the publisher makes a request for a preload and so long as it won't hurt the overall network on that given day (patches, other game releases, etc) then they get it is pretty much how I've heard it goes. Valve doesn't just preload things when they feel get the whimsy, it's up to id/Bethesda. We'll just have to hope Valve doesn't release another big Source patch on release day

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 14:33.

40. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 14:10 SpectralMeat

nin wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 13:40:
Still debating if I should pick it up...

Same here, already have too many games and so little time to play.
Forza 4 is coming out in a week or so also. Probably going to wait with RAGE, and see how it turns out to be.

Steam: SpectralMeat

39. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 13:40 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 13:34:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:22:
Personally, I'm kinda hoping that someone infiltrates the Steam servers and gets our preloads going on Saturday. 20+ gigs isn't a 2-hour download, id!

^D^

It's up to Valve whether to allow it or not, not id. And Valve isn't really the friendliest when it comes to allowing preloads...

Creston

I would be a little surprised if it doesn't happen this afternoon/tonight.

Still debating if I should pick it up...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

38. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 13:34 Creston

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:22:
Personally, I'm kinda hoping that someone infiltrates the Steam servers and gets our preloads going on Saturday. 20+ gigs isn't a 2-hour download, id!

^D^

Creston

37. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 13:25 ^Drag0n^

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:32:
Hrmm, no 4 weapon limit(not counting non-gun items)? Excellent.

Looking back over the previews, I was apparently misled by the little console weapon switch GUI, with only 4 slots. Apparently you can still carry like 20 guns at a time? Excellent.

Now, if they can just get rid of that ridiculous 60 dollar price...

*EDIT* Spelling.

I want to see a third person movie cap of this: Player1 carrying 20 guns, 30 grenades, the boomerang weapon, 8stimpacks, a pack of cigarettes, and sunglasses.

While running.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

36. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 12:42 SpectralMeat

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 12:32:
Now, if they can just get rid of that ridiculous 60 dollar price... :o
They did.
At least here in Canada it is down to $49.99 for all platforms in BestBuy and FutureShop. I'd assume the US BestBuy will follow this price also. Walmart also have it listed for $49.99

Steam: SpectralMeat

35. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 12:32 MoreLuckThanSkill

Hrmm, no 4 weapon limit(not counting non-gun items)? Excellent.

Looking back over the previews, I was apparently misled by the little console weapon switch GUI, with only 4 slots. Apparently you can still carry like 20 guns at a time? Excellent.

Now, if they can just get rid of that ridiculous 60 dollar price...

*EDIT* Spelling.

34. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 12:26 ^Drag0n^

Acleacius wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 21:47:
Regenerating health? Sigh.

Wait....isn't that how life works? I mean, healing? Little boxes of Insta-Cure(tm) are, um, more realistic?

33. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 12:22 ^Drag0n^

^D^

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 2011, 12:32.

32. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 12:00 Verno

Plenty of Steamworks games have been available pre-release, they just don't get "scene" releases by groups. There a bunch of P2P groups that basically specialize in hacking Steam titles now though, its common to get them ahead of time. I know people were playing Red Faction Armageddon a good two weeks before release for example. The only difficulty in cracking steamworks games is essentially getting the complete content files pre-release, the actual executable obfuscation is a joke.  

31. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 11:54 theyarecomingforyou

Fletch wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:13:
Pirate XBOX360 and PS3 versions already in the ether. I await the developer/industry "Pirates are Killing Console Gaming" rants.
How many Steamworks titles have actually been cracked before release? From what I can tell it seems to be effective at preventing pre-release leaks, though seems to offer no challenge to crackers post-release. Afterall, it used to be that games were available pirated weeks before they were actually released, which meant even paying customers would often download it just to play it early.

Nowadays I typically see posts about the console version being pirated before the PC version, so the tables really have turned. And yet publishers still seem to whine more about PC piracy and make no mention of console piracy.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

30. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 11:50 Verno

Fuck I just realized this lands on the same day as Dark Souls  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..