Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2

"I don’t know why, but I always feel ashamed about the games I’m involved in making. I can’t even bring myself to start up “Battlefield Bad Company 2,” our last game, because I feel so ashamed. I know it is a great product but still I only see the things we could have done better." -- DICE's Patrick Bach. Thanks GameSpot.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 16:11 ^Drag0n^

I can't look back at my old posts with anything but shame. I can't even read them, because I realize how they just didn't live up to my expectations. I mean, I know they are great posts, but still, they could be so much more...if only...  

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 11:52 Verno

reisub wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 11:13:
Next up, Mozart on Black Ops. sorry

Well played sir.

pnag wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 10:51:
Reaaaaaaal constructive, that. But then, a Bluesnews comment always has to be filled with ridiculous, over the top cynicism to show how cool you all are.

Most of you guys couldn't write something balanced if your lives depended on it.

He just trolls on purpose to get reactions like yours, click on his name for many more examples. Do you not see the irony in what you just posted btw? It was over the top, a bit ridiculous, unbalanced and filled with cynicism.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

17. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 11:31 space captain

Reaaaaaaal constructive, that. But then, a Bluesnews comment always has to be filled with ridiculous, over the top cynicism to show how cool you all are.

Most of you guys couldn't write something balanced if your lives depended on it.

ahhh.. stereotyping - the hallmark of intelligence

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 11:13 reisub

Next up, Mozart on Black Ops. sorry  

15. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 Linksil

Verno wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 09:40:
Most betas are glorified demos these days, the industry uses them in largely the same ways and they are even heavily included in marketing now. That excuse no longer flies like it used to. I don't see anything wrong with this quote though. Bach is just expressing a commonly heard sentiment from people who create anything, the feeling that you could have done better or improved it in some way.

I gotta agree with this. For some reason the word demo makes pubs scared, so they release betas instead. It's like a overlaying excuse that there are bugs in the game so deal with it. A demo means the finished code base(which never get's released anyways with all the day one patches). So you get held up to a false standard that Beta's don't. The problem with Beta's that pubs don't realize is that even public ones are suposeto get the latest and ever update so you can TEST the game so it's released right. They REFUSE to do this, and just give empty promised that it will be fixed by launch.

The only games that do this, not even do it well/right but do it, are MMO's with test servers.

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

14. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 10:59 Creston

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 20:43:
You should be ashamed of that steaming pile of crap

Yes, because one mega-troll's comment is absolutely indicative of everyone who posts here. Glad you're here to share your whining with the rest of the world. You're a real breath of fresh air.

Creston

13. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 10:51 pnag

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 20:43:

12. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 09:40 Verno

You know it's a beta, right?

Most betas are glorified demos these days, the industry uses them in largely the same ways and they are even heavily included in marketing now. That excuse no longer flies like it used to. I don't see anything wrong with this quote though. Bach is just expressing a commonly heard sentiment from people who create anything, the feeling that you could have done better or improved it in some way.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

11. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 09:17 Quboid

You know it's a beta, right?

BF:BC2 was excellent. Yes, it had flaws, but the moaning about it and many other games make it unsurprising that few developers engage with their customers.

- Quboid

10. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 08:53 briktal

Lobster wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 08:48:
Is that why he made Bad Company 2: CoD Edition and called it BF3?

What makes BF3 more "Call of Duty" than BC2?

9. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 08:48 Lobster

Is that why he made Bad Company 2: CoD Edition and called it BF3?  

8. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 08:11 Smooth Gravy

I like BF3. Most the guys that I've seen complaining about it have only played long enough to get shot up a few times and cry because they aren't dominating like they did in tribes 2. I'm not naive enough to think that all of the bugs and glitches will be fixed before release, but it's a fun game and there is a lot going for it.  

7. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 07:04 Overon

If that guy only applied the same "shame" to Battlefield 3, it would be a better game.  

6. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 03:23 Jackplug

The amount of bad errors with BF3 is amazing, Testers should be shot cos the maps I played were terrible.  

5. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 29, 2011, 22:59 Frijoles

but still I only see the things we could have done better

It's like he's reading my mind.

4. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 29, 2011, 22:31 Creston

Riiiiiiiiight.

*four dismissive wanks*

Creston

3. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 29, 2011, 21:34 Cutter

Oh puh-lease! Milk it anymore and you'll have to change your profession to dairy farmer.

Rolleyes

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 29, 2011, 20:51 ASeven

What a shame you didn't learn anything and BF3 is filled with bugs and very questionable design decisions.

Don't worry, next year's BC3 will solve everything! And in two years, BF4!

1. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 29, 2011, 20:43 [VG]Reagle

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo