Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs

Steam News announces the release of two pieces of DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the Explosive Mission Pack for $2.99 USD and the Tactical Enhancement Pack for $1.99 USD, which are both also available in a Tactical Enhancement + Explosive Mission Bundle for $3.99 USD (thanks nin). Here's word on what these add to the action/RPG prequel from Eidos Montreal:

Check out the Explosive Mission Pack to unlock a bonus mission, Grenade Launcher, Remote-Detonated Explosive Device and the Automatic Unlocking Device.

Or pickup the Tactical Enhancement Pack to unlock a Double-Barrel Shotgun, Silenced Sniper Rifle, and 10,000 extra in-game credits.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 30, 2011, 11:17 Creston

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 12:20:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 10:47:
Really? Hmmm... I headshotted Ogres with it, so I guess it might just be finicky about hit location or something.

Realistically, a crosbow will easily puncture a helmet...

Creston

The ogre/heavies don't wear helmets They just wear a thin hood so you can take them down with a headshot, even from a pistol. Mind you I only used one damage upgrade on the crossbow so that may be a factor against a helmeted enemy Army Bobby Helmet

Duh, I didn't think about that... Embarrassed

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 30, 2011, 11:13 Creston

Lobster wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 15:26:
Try doing a run where you can only turn right.

Please let us know how it goes. We find it fascinating.

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you had suddenly been made the grand approver of all comments, and only those YOU find personally interesting were allowed anymore. My bad.

Here's a hint, buddy: Use the ignore button. You're now on mine.

Creston

44. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 16:27 Ray Ban

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 15:56:
Ray Ban wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 06:13:
I bought the augmented edition and found the silenced sniper rifle at several locations in the game.

I think you will first find it in the Detroit FEMA camp.

Yes but they give it to you when you start a new game.

Sure. But you can drop it (pretend it's not there) and pick it up at the next available spot.

The only bonus stuff I've used is a few of the AUDs, since I didn't want to upgrade hacking to level 5 right away and didn't know if I would get another chance to hack some of those containers.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

43. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 15:56 StingingVelvet

Ray Ban wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 06:13:
I bought the augmented edition and found the silenced sniper rifle at several locations in the game.

Yes but they give it to you when you start a new game.

42. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 15:26 Lobster

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 00:48:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 23:41:
and the LIMB clinics shouldn't have sold any Praxis kits.

At the least they should have only sold them once. Not re-stock when you get back to the area.

Think I'll do a "don't buy ANYTHING" run. That should add some difficulty.

Creston

Try doing a run where you can only turn right.

Please let us know how it goes. We find it fascinating.

41. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 13:16 Bill the Cat

I'm waiting for the DLC that lets you nail Megan to a wall and Malik to a mattress.  

40. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 12:20 TangledThorns

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 10:47:
Really? Hmmm... I headshotted Ogres with it, so I guess it might just be finicky about hit location or something.

Creston

The ogre/heavies don't wear helmets They just wear a thin hood so you can take them down with a headshot, even from a pistol. Mind you I only used one damage upgrade on the crossbow so that may be a factor against a helmeted enemy Army Bobby Helmet

39. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 10:47 Creston

TangledThorns wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 08:26:
Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 22:52:
The silenced sniper rifle also serves no purpose, since there's a crossbow in the game. It takes a few shots to learn how to deal with its decaying trajectory, but other than that it will kill anything in a single headshot.

Creston

I found the crossbow wasn't effective on headshots against enemies wearing a helmet. The arrow would lodge in the helmet and it would alert all his buddies. It was pretty fun seeing that soldier running with an arrow poking out of his head, lol.

Creston

38. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 09:50 Verno

I don't know, that seems like pretty subjective stuff to me. I used the silenced sniper rifle on several levels in DX:HR and found it quite useful. There are definitely levels big enough to accommodate the range as well, though I agree the original featured more wide open expanses. The top end damage on it should be higher though, you can't really do much with it in the last few levels of the game.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

37. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 08:43 necrosis

The sniper rifle in any form is usless in DE:HR. It is no where near as useful as it was in DE1. The areas just are not open enough to make it any easier than just getting up close and doing hand-to-hand or with one of your other weapons.

Not once did I wish I had a suppressed sniper rifle over a suppressed pistol with the AP upgrade. Laser sight on top of those just made it a joke. The sniper rifle in DE1 was invaluable.

Also the fact that you have PERFECT aim with scoped weapons from the get-go is just stupid. I liked how you had to upgrade that in DE1. Yes the scope bobed in a predictable pattern so you could still headshot but it make things a bit more realistic.

36. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 08:26 TangledThorns

Creston wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 22:52:
The silenced sniper rifle also serves no purpose, since there's a crossbow in the game. It takes a few shots to learn how to deal with its decaying trajectory, but other than that it will kill anything in a single headshot.

Creston

I found the crossbow wasn't effective on headshots against enemies wearing a helmet. The arrow would lodge in the helmet and it would alert all his buddies. It was pretty fun seeing that soldier running with an arrow poking out of his head, lol.

35. removed Sep 29, 2011, 08:25 poijsf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 29, 2011, 08:30.

34. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 06:13 Ray Ban

Yeah, I would like the silenced sniper and such, but I want to buy them in the game or find them in a well-hidden area. I don't want to just start the game with awesome high-tier weapons and bonus cash.

If they are in the game somewhere too I could just drop them when I start I guess.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

33. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 05:31 theyarecomingforyou

All items should have been more expensive and/or credits should have been significantly harder to get and the LIMB clinics shouldn't have sold any Praxis kits.
I think it was fine having Praxis kits available through the LIMB clinics, though the credits should definitely have been harder to come by. As you get further into the game you find you have all the augs you want and end up just throwing points into different skills for the sake of it.

The same is true with hacking, as there is a huge amount of nuke viruses / stop worms left about - with a few aug upgrades the hacking simply becomes a minor inconvenience. They should have had the top level aug skip hacking, as I found it killed the pace of the game.

Perhaps it would have been better to have branching augs, so that you're forced to make meaningful decisions. And make the branches quite involved, so you're not just maxing everything out.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

32. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 02:28 Drayth

Drayth wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 20:07:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 19:21:
Hell, a Latte at Starbucks cost more.

^D^

God, can you quit it with your expensive Bay Area food analogies??
^ Sarcasm.

31. OT Sep 29, 2011, 02:19 ^Drag0n^

My only real disappointment with this game has been the "four button ending." I'd have rather seen the choices you made as a player drive the end of the game rather than buttons. As it is, you get the achievement for simply saving the game, and reloading it to press the other buttons three times.

Kinda OT, but I just remembered Rage hits shelves next Tuesday.

I hope Valve has a very early pre-load; 20+gigs is going to border on the rediculous...but I still can't wait.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

30. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 01:25 Tanto Edge

...wow. Mcdouchery, please drive thru.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

29. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 00:48 Creston

and the LIMB clinics shouldn't have sold any Praxis kits.

At the least they should have only sold them once. Not re-stock when you get back to the area.

Think I'll do a "don't buy ANYTHING" run. That should add some difficulty.

Creston

28. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 29, 2011, 00:23 Dev

I think the info you are looking for is in the game's wiki. I think some of the weapons are exclusive and some aren't as I recall. I looked at it a while back.

Also, the extra credits? Don't worry too much about that, if you like to explore everywhere you'll get more than enough money to buy whatever you want in each area without the extra credits.

27. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 23:52 ^Drag0n^

Acleacius wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 23:07:
The continuing saga of Eidos Montreal losing all the goodwill they earned by not making something as bad or worst than DX2.

I don't think I'd go THAT far. Additionally, they aren't doing anything Bethesda didn't do late last week (i.e. making all the pre-order exclusives available to everyone for under $5).

The whole currency/Praxis thing has me split down the middle. I agree that money and upgrades were relatively easy to come by, but I found it utterly hilarious that Sarif's head of security had to resort to stealing money from Hobos and robbing homes to buy Praxis kits.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo