Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer

Ubisoft now offers a new trailer from Might & Magic Heroes VI, highlighting the blood aspect of the sweat-free "Blood & Tears" reputation system in Black Hole Entertainment's upcoming continuation of the Might & Magic series of turn-based strategy games (formerly known as Heroes of Might and Magic). The clip also clarifies that October 11th is the North American street date for the game, corresponding to the announcement of its October 13th release, which applies to Europe. Here's the explanation of the new reputation system: "Might & Magic Heroes 6 introduces a new system called Reputation. Time and again, the player will be faced with a very important Reputation choice between two different 'moral paths' - the path of Dragon Tears and the path of Dragon Blood. 'Blood' Heroes will be active and offensive, while 'Tears' Heroes will be more reactive and defensive." Here's more:

The outcome of the game depends on the path in which your hero takes and can result in a completely different player experience based on the choices made throughout your campaign. Each path is linked to a unique epilogue map with the ability to unlock special quests and different companion heroes. Hero abilities are also defined by their affinity with each reputation path - for instance, the higher your ranking in the 'Blood' path, the more powerful the associated abilities become.

Lastly, some of the rarest and most powerful artifacts in the game are Reputation-specific. Many of the in-game quests will offer a Reputation choice and reward the gamer with the appropriate Reputation points. Once you've reached a certain level of points, you have the ability to evolve into an advanced Reputation class.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. removed Sep 29, 2011, 08:25 poijsf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 29, 2011, 08:30.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 29, 2011, 06:04 Eldaron Imotholin

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 17:11:
Just the unnecessary graphics. You still have the upgrades you need to do.

Unnecessary graphics? Right. The detailed strongholds were the one thing I was looking forward to most, witht his new lovely engine. I was highly disappointed when I noticed there's no such thing anymore.

Let's hope most developers don't follow your principle of "unnecessary graphics" because that might aswell mean that in Heroes VII they got rid of the waterfalls and foliage. Heroes VIII --> back to DOS?

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

13. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 19:50 Draugr

I've been playing the demo for this game and its been pretty entertaining. it's clear they simplified it to some extent but the gameplay is still pretty solid.

If an isometric view is your concern you'll be happy to know it still exists, its just not a fixed camera angle.

12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer Sep 28, 2011, 18:10 Cutter

Fibro, Alamar makes a good point. Kings Bounty is in a very similar vein to the HOMM games too. It also has demos and is rather addictive and fun. So demos all around to try and see if it hooks you or not.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer Sep 28, 2011, 17:45 Rain

This doesn't seem like the HOMM I am looking for. I reminiscent for an isometric view game play of HOMM 3. I don't need to zoom in to watch each unit battle, guess strategy is more my realm.  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

10. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 17:16 Alamar

Holy crapple, a lot of games are coming out in the next few weeks...

As for M&M... I bought the clash of heroes one on Steam last week... interesting game, but I got to a point where it's kicking my ass, and I'm not sure what I can do to get by. It's not like I can run around getting xp for my guys...

Anyhow, haven't playing a HOMM game in a very long time (didn't like them much), but I enjoyed me some King's Bounty earlier this year, so maybe I'll give this a go ; )

Edit: As an aside, I'd really like to see a new Etherlords... I really enjoyed the second. As another aside, I loved the M&M intro's (namely, 'And the people rejoiced; yay')...

-Alamar

9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 17:11 Cutter

Just the unnecessary graphics. You still have the upgrades you need to do.

8. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 16:55 Frijoles

Didn't they get rid of the castle building part of this? Where you buy X to produce Y units, and it shows up as an improvement in your town?  

7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 16:38 Cutter

Fibrocyte wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 15:25:
Are they all good? I'm going to start playing but I'm not sure which # to start with. I've played none.

There's a demo for this so try it. As for getting the older games they're all pretty muich the exact same thing - with different graphics - for the most part so you're not really missing anything. It may take you a while to get into the swing of it, but these games aren't rocket science. They are, however, addictive.

Fion wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 16:20:
It's ubisoft, so it'll probably be online only like most their games.

I'd love to try this but I've never been able to get into RTS games unfortunately. I'd much rather see a new Might & Magic RPG myself. We haven't had one in so many years now.

I thought Ubisoft had done away with always on. And HOMM is hardly what I'd call RTS. You're not building or managing resources per se.

6. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 16:34 Pineapple Ferguson

What a pointless trailer. Wooo, CGI!

But to answer the earlier post from the guy who hasn't played these before, the two best are probably 3 and 5. 1 and 2 were great also, but they may understandably look too dated for a first-time player to get past.

All the games are turn-based so you need to be the sort of person who can be patient and let the game evolve as you continue to play and uncover more of the map. HOMM3 is definitely one of my all time favorite games.

5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 16:20 Fion

It's ubisoft, so it'll probably be online only like most their games.

I'd love to try this but I've never been able to get into RTS games unfortunately. I'd much rather see a new Might & Magic RPG myself. We haven't had one in so many years now.

4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer Sep 28, 2011, 15:29 Lobster

Wow. Two different moral choices? Never seen that before...  

3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 15:26 Frijoles

I haven't been following this very closely. Any mention of what DRM it will use?  

2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Sep 28, 2011, 15:25 Fibrocyte

Are they all good? I'm going to start playing but I'm not sure which # to start with. I've played none.  

1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI "Blood" Reputation Trailer Sep 28, 2011, 15:10 Cutter

It's almost here. Finally! I've so been jonsing for this. Can hardly wait for those "just one more turn" play sessions where you finally look over at the window and the sun is coming up. HOMM is just so crack-a-licious.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo