Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November

Rockstar Games announces November 8th as the North American release date for L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition, saying this edition of the detective adventure will be released in Europe on November 11th for Windows PC, Steam, and OnLive. This earns the "complete" moniker by including all the DLC from the console versions, including the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case, the “Reefer Madness” Vice case, “The Consul’s Car” Traffic case, “The Naked City” Vice case, and the “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case. Word is: "Developed by Rockstar Leeds, the PC version of L.A. Noire will run on a wide range of PCs and feature increased resolution and graphical detail along with keyboard remapping and gamepad functionality, as well as support for NVIDIA 3D Vision for an even greater sense of interaction and immersion." Here are the system specifications:

• Operating System: Windows 7 / Windows Vista Service Pack 1 / Windows XP Service Pack 3 / OnLive for PC or Mac
  • Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.2GHz to Quad Core 3.2GHz / AMD Dual Core 2.4Ghz to Quad Core 3.2Ghz
  • RAM: 2GB to 8GB
  • Hard drive space: 16GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB / Radeon HD 3000 512MB to Radeon HD 6850 1024MB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9 Compatible
  • DVD Drive

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: removed Sep 29, 2011, 12:43 Bodolza

Let me take this opportunity to bitch a little. I finally got around to playing LA Noire about a month ago, and it was not a good game. It was barely even a game. I've played games with greater depth on my phone.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. removed Sep 29, 2011, 08:25 poijsf

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 29, 2011, 08:30.

19. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 23:41 Elricsi

I'll get this when the price drops low enough.

I mainly want to cruise around the city and see the recreation.

18. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 23:23 siapnar

I'm looking forward to this since I haven't tried it on console. Hopefully it doesn't run like ass, drowning in molasses.

And gta4 MP was pretty fun. Shame it died so fast

I have projectile dysfunction.

17. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 22:32 theyarecomingforyou

Zyrxil wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 17:18:
GTAIV had multiplayer. It was laggy as fuck, both in terms of latency due to no-dedicated-servers and game-state itself as random hosters' PCs couldn't handle games of 24 people with vehicles and pedestrians in an open city.
I was referring to LA Noire being a singleplayer game and that I hope they don't go for GFWL like they did for GTAIV. Apologies for any confusion.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

16. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 19:42 Dev

Its sad that remapping has become a feature. I'm glad they are doing it, but it should be automatic on PC games.

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 17:03:

Pretty sure I remember Rockstar saying that they "had no plans" to bring RDR to the PC.
They've said that about all the GTA games before they announce the port to PC.

But I would have expected it to happen before now. Its definitely been longer than the normal wait for a GTA game to be ported.

15. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 18:42 StingingVelvet

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 17:04:
As for RDR... I'm about as optimistic of that being ported as Alan Wake.

When they announced the complete version of RDR without a PC sku I think that was the final nail in the coffin.

That said Manhunt 2 came out on PC years later out of nowhere, so you never know.

14. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 18:01 D4rkKnight

I loved what little GTAIV multiplayer I played. The cops n crooks game mode was a blast but it was hard to find people to play.

No dedicated servers and you could edit the weapon config files to change bullets into rockets and fire 10 rockets/second out of your assault rifle...then came god mode and teleport cheats which they did nothing to stop, it died fast.

13. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 17:18 Zyrxil

For a singleplayer game there is absolutely no need for GFWL.

GTAIV had multiplayer. It was laggy as fuck, both in terms of latency due to no-dedicated-servers and game-state itself as random hosters' PCs couldn't handle games of 24 people with vehicles and pedestrians in an open city.

12. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 17:04 theyarecomingforyou

I just wanted to say that I am actually looking forward to the PC release of LA Noire. I just hope that Rockstar has got their shit together, as GTAIV was released too long after the console version and was shockingly poorly optimised and burdened with GFWL and Rockstar Social Club. For a singleplayer game there is absolutely no need for GFWL.

As for RDR... I'm about as optimistic of that being ported as Alan Wake.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

11. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 17:03 ^Drag0n^

DangerDog wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 16:50:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 16:36:
Hey you know what would be cool? RDR for PC.

and then everyone would be saying, but what about L.A. Noire!!!

I don't know what the hangup is on RDR, more Microsoft stuffing money in developers pockets to keep it on consoles?

Pretty sure I remember Rockstar saying that they "had no plans" to bring RDR to the PC.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

10. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:56 Zyrxil

It's probably still selling too well on consoles. They'll port RDR when the sales completely dry up.  

9. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:50 DangerDog

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 16:36:

and then everyone would be saying, but what about L.A. Noire!!!

I don't know what the hangup is on RDR, more Microsoft stuffing money in developers pockets to keep it on consoles?

8. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:36 Pineapple Ferguson

7. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:21 baltar

They'll just fuck this up with rockstar social club bullshit.

skip.

6. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 16:20 dardin

Yo Rockstar I'm really happy to see you releasing a new game on the PC and Imma let you finish, but RDR is one of the best games of all time and PC gamers want it, not this.  

5. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 15:56 DangerDog

I don't see them bringing RDR to the PC even if this is a smash hit for them on the PC, which I doubt it will be.  

4. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 15:20 Dirwulf

I wish I had known this before I played the console version. I would have waited.

3. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 15:17 Verno

This game was alright but yeah I'd much prefer seeing RDR on the PC.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

2. Re: L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition in November Sep 28, 2011, 15:12 Cutter

This an Bully are now the only Rockstar games I did not care for at all. And screw you Rockstar for not bringing RDR to the PC!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo