Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver

With the early access beta of Battlefield 3 underway, AMD now offers a new AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview driver for Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit systems (thanks AnandTech). Here's word:

• Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series for single GPU configurations
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
  • Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
  • Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the CrossfireX, GPU Overdrive, and Information Center pages.

View
6. Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver Sep 28, 2011, 05:03 Draugr

Teddy wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 03:13:

I suppose. I'm running them just fine, my tags don't disappear unless the teammates are far enough away to only have the triangle icon. And my performance was solid for most of it though I had lag issues after an hour of play that I didn't have time to ascertain whether they were server related or video related. Could be video, if so I'll just roll back. Worked fine for me with the older drivers too.

I was merely just pointing out they aren't ready for primetime, to see some people have no issues and others have problems certainly isn't surprising. I'm sure thats how AMD expected things to go.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 28, 00:37 Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver eunichron
  2. Sep 28, 02:48  Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver Draugr
  3. Sep 28, 03:13   Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver Teddy
>> 6. Sep 28, 05:03    Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver Draugr
  4. Sep 28, 03:15 Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver entr0py
  5. Sep 28, 03:30 removed moncleronline
  7. Sep 28, 08:26 big driver space captain
  8. Oct 1, 15:13  Re: big driver Fantaz

footer

Blue's News logo