Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco

Ubisoft announces that the Windows PC edition of Driver: San Francisco is now available in North America, offering a new installment in the driving/action series that began with Driver: The Wheelman back in the 20th century. Here's word:

Developed by Ubisoft Reflections under the direction of the creators of the original title, Driver San Francisco marks the return of the established video game series that has sold 14 million copies worldwide. Gamers will play as Detective John Tanner on a relentless manhunt for crime lord Charles Jericho through the hills of the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly SHIFT between well over a hundred licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 28, 2011, 03:06 Sugarman

Wow, Insane 2, I always hoped they would make it! As for Driver San Fransico, so far meh, I want to like it, but the car physics feel a little off, steering sensitivity is either too sensitive or too sluggish depending on if you're sliding or plain driving, it only has one camera view of the car. Why can't they just make it drive like the original "Driver", it had to be one of the most fun driving games when it came out. I haven't tried it with anything but the keyboard yet, so maybe a controller will remedy my earlier complaints. Here's hoping for a patch that makes it fun!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 22:05 Bumpy

Kegaro wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:53:
Anyone remember 1nsane Racing? Now that's a game that needs a sequel/remake. Multiplayer in that game was a blast.

You get your wish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAP4HrY76OU&feature=player_embedded

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 19:54 Lorcin

So guessing I'm one of the few who really wants to see a motorhead 2 - pity Dice seem to be busy churning out generic shooters.

As for Driver San Fran - it's kinda fun, nothing special. But then you see the TV ad and realise the advert is an awful lot more fun than the game.

Just to explain this a bit better, Driver is like Dead Island; great adverts, run of the mill game.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 19:01 everyone

bhcompy wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:53:
I'd be happy with a new FlatOut, but they haven't released anything new since FlatOut 2 ages ago(HeadOn and such are just repackaged versions of 2 for other platforms)
The new Ridge Racer (from Bugbear) looks rather Flatoutish, to me.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 18:24 Dirwulf

PHJF wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 18:19:
Unrealistic racing games seem to be on the outs. Hot Pursuit and Split/Second and Blur were all met with lukewarm reception, and Hot Pursuit shouldn't have been fucking wasting the Burnout devs' time like it did.

I thought Split/Second was one of the most original and fun arcade racing games to come out in a while. Its a shame it didn't sell well.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 18:19 PHJF

Unrealistic racing games seem to be on the outs. Hot Pursuit and Split/Second and Blur were all met with lukewarm reception, and Hot Pursuit shouldn't have been fucking wasting the Burnout devs' time like it did.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 18:14 JaguarUSF

Kegaro wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:53:
Anyone remember 1nsane

1nsane was awesome.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:53 Kegaro

Anyone remember 1nsane Racing? Now that's a game that needs a sequel/remake. Multiplayer in that game was a blast.  

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:53 bhcompy

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:36:
Just play FlatOut. The most recent one fixed a good amount of the flaws of the original.

Destruction Derby was fun, but if you think back to it you basically spent the whole time driving in reverse. I think we were easier to please back then.

FlatOut is great, but also old. I'd be happy with a new FlatOut, but they haven't released anything new since FlatOut 2 ages ago(HeadOn and such are just repackaged versions of 2 for other platforms)

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:43 theyarecomingforyou

GRID had a really good destruction derby mode.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:36 Beamer

Just play FlatOut. The most recent one fixed a good amount of the flaws of the original.

Destruction Derby was fun, but if you think back to it you basically spent the whole time driving in reverse. I think we were easier to please back then.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:32 ASeven

bhcompy wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:00:
Can Reflections please release a new Destruction Derby? It's only been eons

+100000000000000000000000000000

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:31 effbee

I thought the same thing when I saw the Logo. Destruction Derby would be awesome with the PhysX stuff.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Driver: San Francisco Sep 27, 2011, 17:00 bhcompy

Can Reflections please release a new Destruction Derby? It's only been eons  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo