Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Skyrim Voice Cast Announced

The Bethesda Blog announces the "star-studded cast" of voice actors appearing in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the next installment in Bethesda's role-playing series. They are not exaggerating the star part, as the game will feature Max Von Sydow, Christopher Plummer, and Joan Allen, a trio with five Oscar nominations between them. "Itís been incredible to have all these actors together," said Todd Howard, Game Director. "When you start a project, you always make your wish-list of actors, and to actually hear them in the game, itís amazing. We canít wait for everyone to experience it." The cast will also feature Lynda Carter, Michael Hogan, and more. Word is the game will include 70 different voice actors delivering over 60,000 lines of dialogue.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 22:36 Rhino

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 16:36:
Plummer actually has more voice acting experience. He was in Up, amongst others.

Gandahar / Light Years, the latter being the English title, and thus the version that Plummer lent is voice to. A far better movie than I gave it credit for when I watched it. Not that it was GREAT, mind you, far from it. Just better than I realized while watching it since I kept thinking about it later.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 18:28 Spektr

While in foreign dubbed version we'll just get ordinary second rate actors  

42. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 18:23 Tom

Dang, ~20 voice actors for Oblivion? It felt more like 5.  

41. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 18:11 Bhruic

I really don't care about how much the actor costs, I'm more concerned with how notable their voice is. In Oblivion, for example, it wasn't the King I was listening to, it was Patrick Stewart. I couldn't suspend my disbelief on that one. It wasn't quite as bad in ME2, although I remember Adam Baldwin standing out.

Hopefully I won't have any difficulties with Skyrim, but it'd be rather annoying if I did.

40. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 17:09 bnajbert

Please tell me this is gonna be beter than Fallout 3 and NV. The same 5 friggin people doing 90% of the voices....  

39. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 16:36 Beamer

Plummer actually has more voice acting experience. He was in Up, amongst others.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

38. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 16:24 Acleacius

Nothing wrong with giving a video game top billing talent as long as the game design doesn't suffer for it. Let's hope they learned their lesson from Oblivion and made DAMN SURE the rest of the game had ENOUGH budget and was stable before spending massive amounts on a FEW AAA Actors.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

37. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:49 Cutter

wtf_man wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:32:
Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:36:
70 actors, with only 3 of them being big "names," and those 3 not being particularly big, certainly not being particularly expensive (do you guys really think Christopher Plummer is making the big bucks?) and decently known for their distinctive voices.

Actually... for voice acting... I think Max Von Sydow is worth more, these days. (Not that Christopher Plummer is bad, or anything)

Max Von Sydow is a god! Christopher Plummer, whilst a good actor, is a pretentious douchebag. I've met the man on several occasions and he really comes off as nothing but. He's one of those people that uses the word one a lot, 'Well, one can't help but wondering if some of us are just naturally gifted actors.' Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

36. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:45 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:38:
The Advocate wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:24:
Ivanova...

I killed many kittens due to her when I was but a young lad.

I think Ivanova killed more kittens than the Black Plague. (think about it... there ya go.)

Creston

+10

35. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:38 Creston

The Advocate wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:24:
Ivanova...

I think Ivanova killed more kittens than the Black Plague. (think about it... there ya go.)

Creston

34. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:32 wtf_man

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:36:
70 actors, with only 3 of them being big "names," and those 3 not being particularly big, certainly not being particularly expensive (do you guys really think Christopher Plummer is making the big bucks?) and decently known for their distinctive voices.

Actually... for voice acting... I think Max Von Sydow is worth more, these days. (Not that Christopher Plummer is bad, or anything)

33. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:24 Burrito of Peace

Ivanova...

32. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:24 ^Drag0n^

Into the Fire, the Babylon 5 Space Combat Sim. It died in IP hell. And while I loved working on it, it was a sobering experience with how the game industry works, or, rather, doesn't.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

31. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:16 UttiniDaKilrJawa

ItF?  

30. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:36 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 13:26:
Also, shit, Ivanova is in it!

IVANOVA!!!!

Creston

She's an awesome actress. Hillarious on the set, from what our writer said. One of my great regrets is not getting ItF to market. It was a hell of a game.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

29. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:35 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 11:19:
I kind of like having recognizable voices in games.
A few years back, i was pleasantly surprised hearing Patrick Stewart in this D&D Demonstone Hack&Slay-Thingy. Boring game, he didnt made it better, but i like hearing his voice. He should do more gaming voice-overs.

28. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:34 Mead

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:14:
Heh.

When the last game came out people complained that there weren't enough voice actors and all the NPCs sounded the same and were poorly acted.

So now Bethesda hires pros and people are complaining that the voice actors are "too famous" or they should have spent their budget elsewhere.

Really, guys?

9_9

This right here. I for one am looking forward to the Shakespeare-quoting Klingon in Skyrim.

27. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:26 Creston

Also, shit, Ivanova is in it!

IVANOVA!!!!

Creston

26. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:21 Beamer

Oddly Oblivion's repetition of actors for each race didn't bug me. I found some of the voices oddly comforting after a while and can still easily picture every race/gender and hear the corresponding voice.

What drove me nuts were the beggers that would slip in and out of proper grammar and beggerspeak.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:19 Slashman

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:14:
Heh.

When the last game came out people complained that there weren't enough voice actors and all the NPCs sounded the same and were poorly acted.

So now Bethesda hires pros and people are complaining that the voice actors are "too famous" or they should have spent their budget elsewhere.

Really, guys?

9_9

Well yeah, really! The opinions here are about as reliable as your ability to read and comprehend what people are actually saying.

Oblivion didn't have enough distinct voice actors. Too many NPC roles were shared by a single actor. The fame of the actors didn't matter in context of the problem. There were simply insufficient in number to suspend the disbelief of the player that he was in a world with many different individual characters. This was very apparent when you'd have instances of two different characters talking to each other using the same voice.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo