Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage

Footage of DICE's Battlefield 3 presentation at the Eurogamer Expo is now available as a six-part ShakyCam series on the YouTube. The clips, which are off-angle and extra-shaky at times, offer a look at some single-player play from the upcoming military shooter sequel (thanks Sam). Here are the links: 1 of 6, 2 of 6, 3 of 6, 4 of 6, 5 of 6, and 6 of 6.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 27, 2011, 11:36 xXBatmanXx

They show the same tired 2 minutes of gameplay for everything. The commercial, the videos, the developer stuff......makes you wonder if they are done with it or not.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 27, 2011, 04:30 Bishi

These are my vids. The exclusive video at the end that I had to turn my phone off for was just the Jay Z - 99 Problems video (underwhelming )  

6. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 27, 2011, 00:25 Zyrxil

Nate wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 23:43:
Guess beta invite will be tomorrow.

It'll come Midnight...Pacific.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 23:58 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 22:45:
http://imgur.com/a/i8cSp#mPR3v

Note the "Private" checkbox beneath the squad list. Won't know until tomorrow, but that sounds a lot like a locked squad to me.

Edit: And incidentally, it's been mentioned that you can pre-form your squad outside of the game with your friends when joining as a party through the battlelog. So from what I'm seeing and hearing there are locked squads, just don't know how or even if you can form them on the fly in a game.

Edit #2: And if you scroll through those screenshots, later on... WOOT, joystick config section in the control settings.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 23:43 Nate

Guess beta invite will be tomorrow.  

3. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 22:45 DangerDog

http://imgur.com/a/i8cSp#mPR3v  

2. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 22:29 eunichron

Actual in-game footage doesn't start until 19 seconds into part 4, for those wondering.

No ability to create a custom squad, see other squads to join/switch to, or lock squads.
If that is true I'm sure it will get patched in quick. Since BC2 had full squad options, there's absolutely no reason for BF3 to not have them.

Anyway, early access beta starts tomorrow, I guess we'll find out then.

1. Re: Battlefield 3 ShakyCam Footage Sep 26, 2011, 22:27 DangerDog

All this talk about the PC being the lead platform, how they're listening to feedback from the community and then they rape the squad system to the point of giving people only two options, "Join Squad" or "Leave Squad".

No ability to create a custom squad, see other squads to join/switch to, or lock squads.

Just Join or Leave, everything else is off hands and automatic.

It's essentially the same as the Alpha version.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo