Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

League of Legends: Dominion Launches

Riot Games announces the launch of Dominion, a new gameplay mode for League of Legends, their free-to-play MOBA game. Dominion is a capture-and-hold mode offering faster action and tactical gameplay on the Crystal Scar, an all-new map. This trailer shows off the mode, and here's a feature list:

• Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
  • An all-new map: The action in League of Legends: Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
  • Fast-paced action: League of Legends: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay – matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoner’s Rift.
  • Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map – in League of Legends: Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
  • Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of League of Legends: Dominion are competitive until the very end – late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
  • Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on Dominion.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 27, 2011, 01:58 descender

I have to respectfully disagree with you. The game isn't balanced at all.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 23:35 JohnBirshire

I have to respectfully disagree with you in a big NO.

You made an argument that each player in a 5 vs 5 is integral, and I'm not disagreeing with you. Every single person in a 5 vs 5 has a role to play that is important to the team. My argument is that in a 3 vs 3, as an individual you are more important in reference to whether your team wins or not. For example, far more teams win 4 vs 5's if someone drops, than teams that win 2 vs 3s. You lose your third person, you might as well throw in the towel. You lose your fifth person, and the game is still on, albeit at a disadvantage. If I'm playing a 3 vs 3 and my 2 teammates suck, I can still win if I play fantastically. *the individual player has more emphasis* In a 5 vs 5 if my 4 teammates suck...it doesn't matter if I'm the number 1 ranked player in the world, I can still easily lose and most likely will. *evidenced by the fact that the top ranked players in Solo 5 vs 5 for Season One still had a plentiful amount of losses*

how is it broken? Certain classes/champs have advantages?

There are 75+ champs, each with different abilities. Pick any 3 or 5 against any other 3 or 5, and yes, there will be some advantage/disadvantage. Not as bad as rock, paper, scissors, but maybe a 60/40, or 55/45 advantage towards one team or the other. The only way to guarantee 50/50 odds, would be for both teams to have the same exact champions. With 5 vs 5 there is usually a little more balance however, due to more champions being involved creating more balanced teams.

5. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 26, 2011, 19:20 Jow

how is it broken? Certain classes/champs have advantages?  

4. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 26, 2011, 18:56 UConnBBall

I've been playing a couple months, but have only done 3 vs 3s. I just feel like I have a much greater influence over a 3 vs 3 than I would a 5 vs 5. Individual player skill matters significantly more with smaller numbers than it does with larger. I might check out Dominion though, just for a change of pace.

I have to respectfully disagree with you in a big NO. The game is totally broken in 3v3 and is balanced for the 5v5 game. Even Dominion will always be broken since it is not the 5v5 game.

5v5 has roles with three lanes. This is the current game meta.
Top and Mid Lane = Solo
Bottom Lane = One support and one carry
Jungler = Roamer, Ganker and kills jungle creeps.

So in 5v5 if you are losing in a role you affect your team in a huge manner.

To me this is DotA done right. I like how streamlined the game is and I think it actually will out perform DotA2. Dominion is a blast and a quick filler.

3. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 18:01 Ozmodan

I thought this one was worse than the original. Not my cup of tea  

2. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Esoteric wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 16:35:
A fun change of pace from Summoner's Rift. I only started playing LoL about a month ago but I'm enjoying myself. It's definitely F2P done right. Just played a game of Dominion that was decided at the last second (score was 4 to 0, both teams start at 500). It's much more fast-paced and hectic than the normal map, and lots of new strategies involved.

I've been playing a couple months, but have only done 3 vs 3s. I just feel like I have a much greater influence over a 3 vs 3 than I would a 5 vs 5. Individual player skill matters significantly more with smaller numbers than it does with larger. I might check out Dominion though, just for a change of pace.

1. Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Sep 26, 2011, 16:35 Esoteric

A fun change of pace from Summoner's Rift. I only started playing LoL about a month ago but I'm enjoying myself. It's definitely F2P done right. Just played a game of Dominion that was decided at the last second (score was 4 to 0, both teams start at 500). It's much more fast-paced and hectic than the normal map, and lots of new strategies involved.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo