Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

League of Legends: Dominion Launches

Riot Games announces the launch of Dominion, a new gameplay mode for League of Legends, their free-to-play MOBA game. Dominion is a capture-and-hold mode offering faster action and tactical gameplay on the Crystal Scar, an all-new map. This trailer shows off the mode, and here's a feature list:

• Capture-and-hold gameplay: Summoners battle it out for control of five unique strategic targets, capturing points from the opposing team and defending them against enemy intrusion.
  • An all-new map: The action in League of Legends: Dominion takes place in the Crystal Scar, a highly contested, war-torn mining village featuring stunning new art crafted specifically for the new map.
  • Fast-paced action: League of Legends: Dominion is an accelerated version of classic League of Legends gameplay – matches last around 20 minutes, so gamers can enjoy a rapid-fire alternative to the more strategic, measured pace of Summoner’s Rift.
  • Non-stop combat: From beginning to end, players will enjoy unrelenting skirmishes as they vie for control over the map – in League of Legends: Dominion, Summoners can expect an onslaught of one-on-one and small team fights.
  • Down-to-the-wire victories: Matches of League of Legends: Dominion are competitive until the very end – late-game comebacks are possible and the outcome is always in question.
  • Completely free: Like classic League of Legends, Dominion is completely free-to-play for new and veteran Summoners alike. Players will be able to use all their existing masteries, runes, champions and skins on Dominion.

View
4. Re: RE: Follow up Sep 26, 2011, 18:56 UConnBBall

I've been playing a couple months, but have only done 3 vs 3s. I just feel like I have a much greater influence over a 3 vs 3 than I would a 5 vs 5. Individual player skill matters significantly more with smaller numbers than it does with larger. I might check out Dominion though, just for a change of pace.

I have to respectfully disagree with you in a big NO. The game is totally broken in 3v3 and is balanced for the 5v5 game. Even Dominion will always be broken since it is not the 5v5 game.

5v5 has roles with three lanes. This is the current game meta.
Top and Mid Lane = Solo
Bottom Lane = One support and one carry
Jungler = Roamer, Ganker and kills jungle creeps.

So in 5v5 if you are losing in a role you affect your team in a huge manner.

To me this is DotA done right. I like how streamlined the game is and I think it actually will out perform DotA2. Dominion is a blast and a quick filler.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 26, 16:35 Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Esoteric
  2. Sep 26, 16:56  Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches JohnBirshire
>> 4. Sep 26, 18:56   Re: RE: Follow up UConnBBall
  5. Sep 26, 19:20    Re: RE: Follow up Jow
  7. Sep 27, 01:58    Re: RE: Follow up descender
  3. Sep 26, 18:01 Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches Ozmodan
  6. Sep 26, 23:35 Re: League of Legends: Dominion Launches JohnBirshire

footer

Blue's News logo