Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wizardry Online Beta Next Month

Closed beta testing of Wizardry Online begins on October 7, reports VG247 via Famitsu. They say those with a working knowledge of Japanese can sign up now on the Wizardry Online website and that testing will last several months. Here's their attempt at working through the language barrier: "The auto-translation is a little unclear, but it looks like the full, free-to-play game will release in May next year. The Japanese retail release will go for 3,990 and include 30 days premium subscription including expanded inventory, increased experience gain and unique equipment and items. "

View
3. Re: Wizardry Online Beta Next Month Sep 26, 2011, 22:37 Rockn-Roll

Wizardry was the first first person RPG that I played...back in 1988. Followed closely by Bard's Tale. I used my programming skills to develop an application that could exactly copy the data disk for Wizardry (it had some basic for of copyright protection) so that when it came time to level up I could do it several times and pick the best roll of stats. But, it backfired...my character was so powerful after a few levels that I was just swatting the baddies without any worries...however the best fun was actually in mapping the area and finding the secrets and such. Of course, some people think the best part about the game was the box graphics.

With all that said, I wouldn't want to play it again...there really wasn't any story there that I can remember except that you are the good guy and the bad guy keeps sending his minions at you as you go deeper into the dungeon. But, it is a good first RPG for anyone that wants to go solo before joining the madness that is MMO gaming.

Let's Rock!
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 26, 14:24 Re: Wizardry Online Beta Next Month venomhed
  2. Sep 26, 18:13 Re: Wizardry Online Beta Next Month Zadig
>> 3. Sep 26, 22:37 Re: Wizardry Online Beta Next Month Rockn-Roll

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo