Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details

The official website for Star Wars: The Old Republic announces BioWare's Star Wars MMORPG will launch on December 20, 2011 in North America, and on December 22nd in Europe, noting that those who preorder the game and register on the website will be eligible for early game access. "This is an incredible moment for everyone at BioWare and our partners at LucasArts who have dedicated their lives to build this extraordinary game," says BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka. "We appreciate the patience from the millions of fans who have been waiting for the game’s release." The game comes with a 30 day subscription, and they outline the fees that are required to play after that:

• 1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)
  • 3 Month Subscription: $13.99 per month (one-time charge of $41.97/£25.17/€35.97)
  • 6 Month Subscription: $12.99 per month (one-time charge of $77.94/£46.14/€65.94

View
60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

20. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 16:10 Illumin

Ant wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 15:34:
eunichron wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 15:26:
Ant wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 14:45:
I still want a free sampler (e.g., beta and trial) before paying.

I don't think they've announced anything about an open beta yet, but I'm sure it will happen. Buying the game also includes 1 month of play time.
I ain't paying for it! What if I hate it? I only buy when I know I like/love it.

A betting man would say that a month or two after launch there will be buddy keys / free 7 day trial or what have you. It makes sense to try and gain some customers from the ones that drop after the first month. So while you might not get to check it out for free right off im sure it wont be long until you can.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 16:09 RaZ0r!

F2P in six months tops.  

18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:54 Drayth

NIN, they take the server down between "builds" of the client. It's normal. The new client just came out yesterday and as far as I know the server's up (I haven't d/l'ed the new client yet).

Nothing unusual going on with the beta, they've done this a bunch of times.

17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:35 nin

I don't think they've announced anything about an open beta yet, but I'm sure it will happen. Buying the game also includes 1 month of play time.

They were claiming a month or two ago that if you preordered and registered your code, there was a very good chance you'd be playing in September. But when what I've heard (coworker in the beta), they turned off all the servers for the moment and there's some sort of issue with them rebuilding the client.

Hopefully it gets rolling again soon.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:34 Ant

I ain't paying for it! What if I hate it? I only buy when I know I like/love it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:26 eunichron

14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 15:00 Tumbler

Canceled my pre-order. I'm all teased out at this point. I think they missed the prime time to launch this and at $60 plus a monthly fee it looks far to expensive. If they're not launching with a free to play option they're just asking for massive 1 month demand and then devastating subscriber losses for 3 months followed by server merging and clearance sale prices.

If I'm going to pay $60 for this I want to be able to play it to some extent for free, you can charge for other features but if I can't login and see the game from time to time free of charge then you're not getting my money.

This was a major screw up with Star Trek as well, they kept adding all this stuff which sounded interesting...why not allow people to login and see things and decide if they want to pay for more?

This IP might be strong enough to get enough people to jump on board at launch that all this nonsense makes sense for the short term but I don't think it makes sense long term and I hope that they come to their sense soon as it seems like long term is the only way they're going to make enough money to cover the costs up to now.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:57 Downer28

The only thing saving this game is the heavy coating of Star Wars paint on the skeleton of what is essentially yet another World of Warcraft clone.  

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:50 zincthallinide

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 14:44:
zincthallinide wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 14:08:
Does anyone know how early Early Access is? I thought I saw before that it said two days, but I don't see that anymore, and anyway that seems too short..

Have they ever actually said how early it would be?

I believe Regular Edition is 3 days and Collectors Edition is 7, but I could be wrong.

That does sound familiar.. Thanks. Still, I wonder why they removed that information from anywhere obvious on their website.

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:45 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:44 fujiJuice

zincthallinide wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 14:08:
Does anyone know how early Early Access is? I thought I saw before that it said two days, but I don't see that anymore, and anyway that seems too short..

I believe Regular Edition is 3 days and Collectors Edition is 7, but I could be wrong.

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:42 Beelzebud

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 14:31:
Tr0n wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 13:51:
Lol, subscriptions.

What is this, 2004?

Back when new MMO's weren't steaming piles of free to play shit, and were actually worth subscribing to? God I hope so!

Well said. Every "free to play" MMO I have tried was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to nickle and dime their players to death for anything that was necessary to progress in the games.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:31 JohnBirshire

Tr0n wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 13:51:
Lol, subscriptions.

What is this, 2004?

Back when new MMO's weren't steaming piles of free to play shit, and were actually worth subscribing to? God I hope so!

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:30 Techie714 ©

Illumin wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 13:29:
OH YEAH!! Ill get me lots of Skyrim in and BF3 then have like 2 weeks off for Christmas to go darkside on some republic bitches!!!

^^^^^What he said^^^^

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:18 zincthallinide

Oh and I am personally excited, I enjoyed both the KotOR games, and I enjoyed Galaxies for a few months when it first started, so unless Bioware really messes this one up, which I don't see happening, I'm sure I'll at least get my money's worth, if not more. I haven't played a really good science fiction MMOG in a while..  

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:08 zincthallinide

And.. they did heavily hint on a Christmas release, though I thought it would be a bit earlier.. I suppose with the preorders they figure people will buy it early

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 14:04 Bucky

I want to be excited for this, but every time I see the game in action I can't help but think 'meh'.

I think they would have been better off doing another KotOR or something similar, but that's just me. I'll wait to see what people think of ToR before I decide.

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 13:51 Tr0n

Lol, subscriptions.

What is this, 2004?

GW2 > *

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 13:29 Illumin

OH YEAH!! Ill get me lots of Skyrim in and BF3 then have like 2 weeks off for Christmas to go darkside on some republic bitches!!!  

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 13:16 nin

Woot! Merry xmas!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

60 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo