Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"

More BF3: A video interview on GeForce.com from the Eurogamer Expo talks with a man who "needs no introduction," Karl Magnusson, General Manager at DICE (either we or they do need an introduction, since we thought his name was Karl Magnus Troedsson). Karl discusses Battlefield 3, their upcoming military shooter sequel, touching on the beta test, their plans to support the game long after launch, improved visuals over past games, and more. On the topic of improved visuals, he explains their joy at being back on the PC "for real now." Here's that part:

It also feels good to be back on PC for real now. You know, we're bringing back jets, we have 64-players. We really pushed the PC as a main platform, especially in the beginning of the development of Battlefield 3. So hopefully everyone will start building their rigs at home and really build something that can utilize all the visual quality of the game.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 26, 2011, 08:31 SpectralMeat

The title of this news missing something

DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now Yo"

There much better

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 26, 2011, 05:15 Beaner

You should have never left numbnut's.  

24. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 25, 2011, 11:19 ^Drag0n^

ZeroCougar wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:57:
It should read: It also feels good to be back on PC for now.

I'm sure they will be drooling like crazy whenever the next console gen hits and they'll say the same thing there saying here, and just change out PC for whatever the flavor of the year is.

Nice

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

23. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 24, 2011, 16:37 space captain

for real doh?  
Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 11:10 Ventura

Shocking as it may seem, some people may not enjoy the same things you enjoy

Thanks, that's about all that needs to be said by those of us lamenting the removal of bots from the Battlefield franchise.

21. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 24, 2011, 09:47 Tumbler

Blizzard and DICE are both amazing at helping me not spend money! Thanx!  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

20. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 08:06 Fibrocyte

Paketep wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 06:23:
Wow. They... won't... shut... up!.

This is a console game with better graphics, 64 players support and little more. All the features cut from BC2 are still cut.

Stop the BS already!

You should file a class action lawsuit.

19. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 07:59 Jerykk

In order to emphasize it, of course. There's also some sarcasm in there. Some people seem to believe that "fun" can only refer exclusively to what they consider enjoyable. Their logic rests on the notion that if you don't enjoy what they enjoy, you obviously don't like having fun. The specificity of that definition makes "fun" more of a proper noun than a common noun. As such, it only seems appropriate to capitalize it.  

18. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 07:49 goldust

Why did you capitalize the word fun?  

17. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 07:27 Jerykk

All this time I've had it wrong, I thought what mattered was just having fun.

Please, please don't resort to the Fun argument. It's really quite terrible. Fun is not an objective concept. It varies from person to person. Shocking as it may seem, some people may not enjoy the same things you enjoy. They may even hate them. Therefore, to basically say "Oh yeah?! Well, unlike you, I only care about having fun!" is just about the most inane argument you could ever use. Everybody likes having fun but what constitutes "fun" is in no way objective or absolute.

16. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 24, 2011, 06:23 Paketep

Wow. They... won't... shut... up!.

This is a console game with better graphics, 64 players support and little more. All the features cut from BC2 are still cut.

Stop the BS already!

15. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 04:22 Jackplug

I love my jets and then helicopters, but I love the ground assault too. I just love that the expanse of it all, however with bots there is only so much you can do. On BF2 I used to just open a map and learn to fly helicopters, bots weren't something I bothered with.  

14. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 01:31 ^Drag0n^

w00tie wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:27:
The only jets I care about having back are in Winnipeg. Battlefield needs more infantry combat and less flight sim.

I see what you did there. +1 for awesome hockey reference.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

13. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now" Sep 24, 2011, 01:28 Gas Bandit

No bots = no buy, as far as battlefield games go for me.  

12. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 00:22 Sepharo

Ventura wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 23:33:
Bots sounds good on paper, but in reality all you did in BF2 with bots was to have 60 join the enemy team, and do a 4 v 60 match (and still win!)

And this is different from every other single player FPS experience we've all ever had for at least 15 years how? Now you complain?

Nope it's to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear their hack accusations.

11. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 23:33 Ventura

Bots sounds good on paper, but in reality all you did in BF2 with bots was to have 60 join the enemy team, and do a 4 v 60 match (and still win!)

And this is different from every other single player FPS experience we've all ever had for at least 15 years how? Now you complain?

10. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 23:27 born2expire

ohh yeah and we wont give you a proper PC beta, we'll give you the console experience cuz like really, they will sell more copies and make us all rich. I mean you guys are used to being the beta when the game goes live.  

9. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 23:23 born2expire

Heys guys we know your PC are way more powerful than consoles and we know PCs are the cool thing right now, i mean consoles yuck! Your PC has way more power, as re are all YAH!!! PC!!!!! so buy our game, cuz consoles are sooo 2004!  

8. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 22:49 Sepharo

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 22:45:
Bots are a PC thing? Well you could argue RO2 has bots.. and that they are completely broken.. just like the BF2 bots and the BF1942 bots but yeah ;p

Good bots like the ones used in UT2k4 require the entire map system to be made with bots in mind, for paths to be set and areas to be defined.

It sounds like something easy until you realize that you have to REDO every single map for bot-use, you can not do MP map and BOT map the same. (as the layers have to be baked)

Unless of course, bots have the same abilities as humans (which they rarely do when planes and helicopters are involved...)

Careful, there are some hardcore Blue's posters who only play bots in what are supposed to be MP games.

7. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 23, 2011, 22:45 eRe4s3r

Bots are a PC thing? Well you could argue RO2 has bots.. and that they are completely broken.. just like the BF2 bots and the BF1942 bots but yeah ;p

Good bots like the ones used in UT2k4 require the entire map system to be made with bots in mind, for paths to be set and areas to be defined.

It sounds like something easy until you realize that you have to REDO every single map for bot-use, you can not do MP map and BOT map the same. (as the layers have to be baked)

Unless of course, bots have the same abilities as humans (which they rarely do when planes and helicopters are involved...)

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo