Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer

The Star Wars: The Old Republic website offers a new "developer dispatch" video from BioWare's upcoming Star Wars MMORPG on the topic of companion characters. They discuss the attachment players feel towards their sidekicks, their role in the game, how they develop, their potential as love interests (even love that dare not speak its name), making companions useful, and more.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 24, 2011, 09:53 The Half Elf

12.20.2011 it's official  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 24, 2011, 07:31 Acleacius

In case anyone is interested, more bad news.

Will I require an Origin account in addition to a SWTOR account?
Yes, you will require an active Origin account in addition to a Star Wars: The Old Republic account. You can create a new Origin account by going to the Origin Account Registration page, entering your email address in the appropriate space and clicking “Start my EA Profile.” This will take you to a screen where you can create your EA Master ID and set your password. You can also start a new Origin account by logging in with either your Facebook or PlayStation Network accounts, or by downloading and running the Origin client for the first time.

Do I have to create an account on SWTOR.com in order to play Star Wars: The Old Republic?
Yes. In order to be able to play the game you will have to create an account on the official Star Wars: The Old Republic website. If you are not logged in to your SWTOR account when you go to enter your Pre-Order code, you will be prompted to either sign in to your account or create a new account. The email address that you use when you create your account will also be the email that is used when you log in to either SWTOR.com or the game.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 24, 2011, 01:41 Acleacius

Imo, Companion Romance/Friendships are one of the more interesting ideas to come from this game. I got to admit between the Full Voice, In Depth Story, Companions and Romances this might be enough to tip the balance for me to buy this game.

It's extremely difficult to buy one of their games at release, with the way ea treats their fans and employees with such utter contempt,

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 24, 2011, 01:04 Sepharo

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 23:43:
I'm not a huge fan of these companions, I've never been much of a "pet" player, preferring to do the damage myself. Is it true this game will pretty much require everyone to have a "pet" companion?

Will it not look ridiculous with every single player running around with a pet running along beside them?

Just think of them like the characters/companions in any Bioware game. You stand on your ship, you pick the two who are coming with you and leave the rest behind for later. You can talk with them, they interact in the mission, and you can have sex with them.

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 24, 2011, 00:48 Cutter

There all kinds of skins for the pets and you don't have to use them. You can dismiss or summon them at will. And you can't used them in instances.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 23:43 JohnBirshire

I'm not a huge fan of these companions, I've never been much of a "pet" player, preferring to do the damage myself. Is it true this game will pretty much require everyone to have a "pet" companion?

Will it not look ridiculous with every single player running around with a pet running along beside them?

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 23:05 entr0py

Internet, I'm counting on you to make a petition demanding they add romance options with the Jawa. If I know anything about you, this seems like the sort of thing you should care about.  

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 21:33 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:17:
Jawa companion? I'm sold

You guys want some Jawa lovin' do you? Sick, sick puppies.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 21:24 Fion

Same here. Jawa with a rocket launcher? I'd buy the game on that alone! I like as well that the Sith gets a snarky twi'lek slave and that you can activate her shock collar if she misbehaves lol.

If they do make a plushy my GF is sooo gonna want one lol. I already got her the Charr plushy (Guild Wars 2), and she's loving it lol. Nice to not have to hide your MMOG playing with a woman who enjoys them just as much as you do. She's already telling me that once GW2 hits she's gonna kick my ass with her Charr Guardian lol.

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Companion Trailer Sep 23, 2011, 21:17 The Half Elf

Jawa companion? I'm sold  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo