Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week

GOG.com says the promised new version 2.0 of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be released a week from today on September 29th. The celebrate release plans for the enhanced edition of CD Projekt RED's action/RPG sequel with a permanent priced cut, and then offer a disincentive to take advantage of that by announcing the new version will launch a sale. Here's word:

The best RPG of 2011 is about to get even better, and we're doing a few things to celebrate. For one, we're dropping the price of The Witcher 2 permanently, starting right now. From now on, CD Projekt RED's award-winning game of 2011 is $39.99 USD! Of course if you live in UK, the Eurozone, or Australia, the price will also drop for you, respectively by 5.00, 10.00 and $10 AUD. It still means we're offering the 'Fair Price Package' to European and Australian customers to make up for the USD price difference. Also aside of today's price drop, next Thursday (September 29) when the highly anticipated "version 2.0" arrives, we'll launch a 25% off promo on The Witcher 2, which will make this awesome offer even better as you'll be able to grab the game for only $29.99 USD!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 14:11 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 11:17:
Hehe. I can just see the CD Projekt guys in their office, holding up the letter, going "What is this? It's paper... with... words on it? What is its purpose? Do we have an app that can read this?"

Creston
Haha yeah that's about it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 11:17 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 01:11:
and I sent them a physical letter based on that.

Hehe. I can just see the CD Projekt guys in their office, holding up the letter, going "What is this? It's paper... with... words on it? What is its purpose? Do we have an app that can read this?"

Creston

13. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 09:49 wtf_man

I bought the first one after they removed the DRM... Deluxe / GOTY edition or some shit.

I love RPGs, but I just couldn't get into this one. Everybody says the game is great, but the "mouse-clicky" combat turned me off so bad I couldn't get past the first town.

Anyway... I'll support them on GOG... but I can't buy their RPGs.

12. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 03:43 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 03:02:
That's the same reason I pre-ordered; the no-DRM statement. I'm just saying, the better deal would have been to wait.

As long as you didn't write the letter in blood, excellent work.
Hey I'm not stalking them. I mean it's a great game and all...but

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 03:02 MoreLuckThanSkill

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 01:11:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:56:
Lol, I REALLY shouldn't have pre-ordered this game, from a consumer standpoint. It's already down 20 bucks with bonus content, and I've barely played the first act. Oh well.
I preordered it based on the fact that they sold it through GoG with no DRM, and I sent them a physical letter based on that. Yeah I know call me old fashioned but damn, dev's need to be told that things like this actually matter.

That's the same reason I pre-ordered; the no-DRM statement. I'm just saying, the better deal would have been to wait.

As long as you didn't write the letter in blood, excellent work.

10. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 01:11 Mashiki Amiketo

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:56:
Lol, I REALLY shouldn't have pre-ordered this game, from a consumer standpoint. It's already down 20 bucks with bonus content, and I've barely played the first act. Oh well.
I preordered it based on the fact that they sold it through GoG with no DRM, and I sent them a physical letter based on that. Yeah I know call me old fashioned but damn, dev's need to be told that things like this actually matter.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

9. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 01:08 Draugr

Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 00:58:
You should buy this from GOG if you haven't already. No DRM, lots of bonus stuff and you're supporting the devs directly.

The DRM has been removed from the game entirely, but GOG is still an excellent choice.

8. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 00:58 Jerykk

You should buy this from GOG if you haven't already. No DRM, lots of bonus stuff and you're supporting the devs directly.  

7. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 23, 2011, 00:56 MoreLuckThanSkill

6. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 23:45 Illumin

Hells yeah love getting a good game for dirt cheap!  

5. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 22:23 LittleMe

Slashman wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 21:58:
I love these guys!!!

No homo...

Whats wrong with going homo for them?

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 21:58 Slashman

I love these guys!!!

No homo...

3. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 20:54 Mashiki Amiketo

Ah damn it. Of course it comes out just as I'm going overseas for 10 weeks and won't have a PC that can play it.  
--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 20:28 Fibrocyte

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 20:24:

$29.99 on Steam right now.

I just paid $49.99 for it, but I don't mind. It's certainly a very good RPG.

1. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Next Week Sep 22, 2011, 20:24 nin

$29.99 on Steam right now.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo