Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Aliens vs. Predator on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Alpha Protocol on Steam. Save 90%.
  • Company of heroes Series on Steam. Save 80%.
  • Dreamcast Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • Dungeons and Dragons Classics on GOG.com. Save from 20-60% depending on how many you buy.
  • Lucid on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Sega Collector Pack on Steam. Save 86%.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Total War Mega Pack on Steam. Save 66%.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: On Sale Sep 24, 2011, 20:23 Jerykk

Alpha Protocol received far more hate than it deserved. The combat was pretty clunky and the minigames were annoying but as a whole, the game was well-done. The implementation of choice and consequence was fantastic, as well, and more than enough reason to check the game out if you have any interest in RPGs.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 20:57 Beelzebud

I got Alpha Protocol today, and am really enjoying it so far. It's much much better than I imagined... I think the reviewers really did this game some injustice... $2.00 is an absolutely insane deal. Highly recommended.  

17. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 15:49 xXBatmanXx

Dungeons and Dragons Classics on GOG.com. Save from 20-60% depending on how many you buy.

Damn, that is almost a year's worth of gaming for very little change!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Yes, you are retarded. Sep 23, 2011, 12:45 Deathbishop

I picked up CoH but is it worth the get the expansions? Thanks in advance.  

15. Re: Yes, you are retarded. Sep 23, 2011, 09:50 nin

What's up, Assley? How long until another name change? And what's going on over at Monolith?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 09:02 Shok

Damn you GOG. I'll have to pick up that D&D pack even though I probably won't play the games this year. Alpha Protocol...hmmm I'll keep my $2 and have one less GFWL game to worry about. Thanks but no thanks.  

13. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 08:14 yuastnav

I bought Alpha Protocol during the summer sale and was very excited during the Tutorial.
However the further I progressed the less I wanted to play it. I didn't get very far and I'm not sure whether I'm still going to play it but that maybe because I expected too much of it.
What I thought it would be I'd now describe as a mixture of Deus Ex 1 and Deus Ex 3 but boy was I wrong.
It was my fault, though, since it said nowhere that there's an open world.
The gameplay mechanics weren't that great, either. The hacking stuff was cool but whenever I tried the sneaking part I wished that it'd be more like Splinter Cell (at least like Splinter Cell 1 or Splinter Cell 3).

12. Re: Yes, you are retarded. Sep 23, 2011, 06:39 Rhino

Krovven wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 04:17:
I've Got The News Blues wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 02:53:
Actually you are the one running your mouth on this forum and spewing idiotic shit when you should have been reading and thinking instead. Don't blame me for your stupidity. I just pointed it out.

Running my mouth about what exactly? How did my questioning the pricing on the sales upset you so much?

Take your medication.

You asked a question in a straightforward manner without opening it up with "I'm begging your pardon, sirs, as I may be so rude as to take up your time with what may turn out to be a minor issue resulting PURELY from a silly error on my part; and if that's the case then I truly hope that you'll forgive this inconvenience as I meant no offense."

See? Would that have been so hard? Instead you just opened up with admitting that you may be incorrect. You jerk.

11. I Love GOG Sep 23, 2011, 05:07 Julio

I've got to say, GOG is great. They're getting most of my PC gaming dollar, though I'm starting to get into the indies as well.

Given major game publishers are abandoning what I like on PC (turn based, isometric, old school RPGs/Strategy games) and all going FPS with ridiculous internet required DRM, I'm glad there's someone who wants my cash out there.

10. Re: Yes, you are retarded. Sep 23, 2011, 04:17 Krovven

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 02:53:
Actually you are the one running your mouth on this forum and spewing idiotic shit when you should have been reading and thinking instead. Don't blame me for your stupidity. I just pointed it out.

Running my mouth about what exactly? How did my questioning the pricing on the sales upset you so much?

Take your medication.

9. removed Sep 23, 2011, 02:53 I've Got The News Blues

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 23, 2011, 09:55.

8. Re: Are you retarded? Sep 23, 2011, 00:57 Krovven

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 23:02:
Are you retarded?

Are you? Diarrhea of the mouth. You should treat that.

After I had posted earlier I had done some more digging, and saw that there were some additional titles in the complete pack.

7. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2011, 00:54 coldcut

Wow, the Dungeons and Dragons Classics pack on GOG.com is really a very good offer. Just bought the whole pack Looking forward to playing Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate again and maybe I will finish Planescape: Torment some time now  

6. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2011, 23:56 Prez

Quboid wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 21:24:
That's a crazy price for Alpha Protocol, if you haven't picked up this Deus Ex Lite title yet, 1.50 is a steal.

Agreed. It was very underrated, mostly because people weighed its flaws too heavily in their final decision (in my opinion of course).

Hey, anyone who doubts me, friend me on Steam and the game is on me.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. removed Sep 22, 2011, 23:02 I've Got The News Blues

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 23, 2011, 09:56.

4. Company of heroes Series on Steam. Save 80%. Sep 22, 2011, 22:25 LittleMe

Definitely the best way to play this game considering manually patching the retail versions takes hours and hours.  

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

3. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2011, 21:46 Cutter

Krovven wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 20:30:
K, I havent scoured the lists to see if there is a difference...but is my math off, or is it $64 if you buy all the Sega stuff on sale separately and $80 if you buy the complete pack?

I know right? That was like yesterday on D2D where Two Worlds 2 was $12.50 but if you bought the bundle with the new DLC $55 though the DLC itself is $30 on it's own. Seems like some people aren't quite dotting the i's and crossing the t's, or maybe just hoping to catch people unawares I suppose.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2011, 21:24 Quboid

That's a crazy price for Alpha Protocol, if you haven't picked up this Deus Ex Lite title yet, 1.50 is a steal.  

- Quboid

1. Re: On Sale Sep 22, 2011, 20:30 Krovven

K, I havent scoured the lists to see if there is a difference...but is my math off, or is it $64 if you buy all the Sega stuff on sale separately and $80 if you buy the complete pack?

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo