Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints?

A thread on NeoGAF attempts to round up all that was found in a data mining expedition through Valve's Dota 2 beta, which has apparently leaked onto the internet. This includes some sounds, artwork, lore, and more. They also look through data structures in the MOBA beta finding indications the game will have an item shop, hats, a killcam, a "newbie detector," and more. Some of the data therein are being interpreted as indications of future projects, including what may be references to Episode 3 as well as a space game, though it's not clear why such things would need to be in Dota 2. None of this is confirmed, of course, but there is also an updated Valve logo and a video showing the beta that seem strong indications that this is not based on nothing. On a less speculative note, a story on the South Oregon Mail Tribune indicates Valve is at work on a documentary about e-sports, focusing on Defense of the Ancients. Thanks Steven.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 14:37 Bucky

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 13:15:
I don't want hints or teases I want solid confirmation that EP3 or HL3 is on the way, dammit!

I don't want to hear about it until the gone gold announcement. Knowing Valve Time like we all do, an announcement that comes any sooner will leave us all waiting for several years.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 13:15 Cutter

I don't want hints or teases I want solid confirmation that EP3 or HL3 is on the way, dammit!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

5. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 13:02 Sudbina

Here are the images that the leaker posted regarding his account:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31119089&postcount=182

4. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 12:52 Dev

Sudbina wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 12:41:
and the person who leaked it posted images of him getting locked out of his Steam account for leaking the game.
I'd never risk something like that, I'd lose like 300 or 400 games!

3. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 12:41 Sudbina

I forgot to include another video in my email:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS86UKkUxsM

The new logo came from that video and it shows the main menu for Dota 2. The leak is real, since there a couple of Youtube videos with the link to it and the person who leaked it posted images of him getting locked out of his Steam account for leaking the game.

2. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 12:40 Creston

Oh, an item shop! I can barely contain my excitement!

Creston

1. Re: Valve eSport Documentary; Dota 2 Item Shop? Ep3/Space Sim Hints? Sep 22, 2011, 12:33 bhcompy

I don't get what the updated Valve logo has to do with anything. It's not like it turns into the Freeman  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo