Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 17:54 ^Drag0n^

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:46:
Whoa, just saw an F18 - I think - whizzing by overhead. Damn it was loud! That's something you virtually never see up here.

Thank God....we're FINALLY invading Canada

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 17:38 Cutter

I lived out in Vancouver for 10 years (in Toronto atm) and spent a lot of time down in Eugene and San Francisco as a I have a lot of friends down that way through my brother who went to U of O on a track scholarship. Used to go down once a year at least for a few weeks. Hang out in Napa, get bombed, hang out in Berkely get stoned, see the Dead, etc.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 17:09 Creston

I thought you were in California for some reason, as opposed to Canada. My bad.

Creston

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 16:30 Cutter

Yeah, well Canada's air force consists of what? A dozen used jets and another few dozen used cargo planes and Hercules transports? I pretty much rode in all of them when I was an Air Cadet. It was always such a sad state of affairs particualarly when we looked at all the cool toys the USAF had and the sheer volume of them.

However, now I'm much happier to have universal health coverage over jets any day of the week.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 15:42 Creston

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:46:
Whoa, just saw an F18 - I think - whizzing by overhead. Damn it was loud! That's something you virtually never see up here.

You don't? The OK CAP flies over my neck of the woods at least once a week or so.

Creston

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 15:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:45:
Were you one of the Lords of Flatbush?

Haha, no, more like one of the peasants of Flatbush. I can still remember the doo-wop radio jingle from that movie (sadly, jingles are one of the things that stick best in my brain).

The Lords of Flatbush is a moo-oo-oo-vie
About how life was in the fi-i-ifties
I don't like to boast, but you will dig it the most!
The Lords of Flatbush, Flatbush, Flatbush
Rated PG.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:46 Cutter

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:45 Cutter

Blue wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:20:
Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 13:13:
Saw a great film with Stephen Lang last night titled White Irish Drinkers. Man, it was like growing up all over again. Definitely worth the watch. And Blue, it takes place in Brooklyn in the late 70's you should see if you recognize any of your old stomping grounds.

I just checked out the trailer, and it looks like an interesting flick. Not quite my "stomping grounds," however, as it looks like it's set in and around Bay Ridge, and I grew up in the Flatbush/Flatlands area (Brooklyn is a big place). Of course I have spent some time there (thankfully now with the subjects of that movie), and lots of my family is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, which is shown several times.

Were you one of the Lords of Flatbush?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:38 space captain

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:25:
My buddy keeps pestering me every year to go to Dragon*Con with him. Every year I turn him down, because it just doesn't really interest me all that much.

*watches video*

Eh, yeah maybe I should go.

Creston

it hasnt been the same since the early 90s, after they split it between hotels... it was full on bacchanalia back then.. eating 5 hits of lsd and joining a congo line with klingons and fully naked chicks while tim leary gives a lecture down the hall and fetish fashion shows are happening in the ballrooms - thats no joke my friend.. we used to tear that hilton to peices, it was like thunderdome up in that bitch

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:20  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 13:13:
Saw a great film with Stephen Lang last night titled White Irish Drinkers. Man, it was like growing up all over again. Definitely worth the watch. And Blue, it takes place in Brooklyn in the late 70's you should see if you recognize any of your old stomping grounds.

I just checked out the trailer, and it looks like an interesting flick. Not quite my "stomping grounds," however, as it looks like it's set in and around Bay Ridge, and I grew up in the Flatbush/Flatlands area (Brooklyn is a big place). Of course I have spent some time there (thankfully now with the subjects of that movie), and lots of my family is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, which is shown several times.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:08 xXBatmanXx

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" New Trailer #2.

I am almost done with the 2nd book, and haven't watched the foreign film, but look forward to it. Watching the trailers, it appears that they have captured more in the book than I expected them to. Must be some long movies, or they gloss over some stuff pretty quickly.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 13:13 Cutter

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 12:24 GayBlade

Blue,

The Stickman link made my day! Thank you

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 12:14 Verno

That Cosplay video was really weird at times but I loved the Three Amigos bit.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:34 mch

It's amazing what that guy can fight the dragon off with  
PSN: CaseDesignate

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:26 Creston

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:10:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:06:
Stickman is awesome... the first time through.

Creston

No no no...the second time through is when you start drawing dirty images.

I know. I did.
But it still reacted the same way. I wanted him to use the Big Purple Dildo I'd given him (instead of the sword) to beat that dragon like it was in Saints Row 3!

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:25 Creston

My buddy keeps pestering me every year to go to Dragon*Con with him. Every year I turn him down, because it just doesn't really interest me all that much.

*watches video*

Eh, yeah maybe I should go.

Creston

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:22 kanniballl

Verno wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:02:
90s Best Buy Flyer of the Day.

That brings back some memories. Finally got rid of my last CRT last weekend in a garage sale. Hell I only got an LCD that had decent black levels in the past two years anyways.

I found an old Computer magazine behind some basement furniture as I was cleaning up from earlier... it was a real computer-price time machine.

Man, I remember when my parent's 486DX 33MHz w/ 8MB Ram + 15" CRT was over $3,000 USD. Puny hard drive, no sound card, no game card, or anything else flashy. I think it was a Zeos brand PC.

Prior to that, we had a Commodore 128 for years. 1-2 years after we got the 486, my mom's place sold her one of their old 386's for peanuts. So I could do my homework while she was dialed into work via the modem.

But man, those prices vs specs. Now you can get a cheap PC w/ hundreds or thousands of times the specs for under a grand.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:10 nin

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 11:06:

Creston

No no no...the second time through is when you start drawing dirty images.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 11:06 Creston

Creston

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo