Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

OnLive Live in U.K.

TechRadar UK has word on the launch of the OnLive cloud-based gaming service in the United Kingdom:

OnLive has finally launched in the UK, but a tie-up with telecoms giant BT could give the cloud gaming service a flying start as it looks to compete with the major players in videogames.

OnLive offers streamed gaming to a television or device, meaning that with a decent broadband connection you can play the latest games instantly.

BT is UK launch partner and shareholder in the US company, and will offer all of its broadband customers three months free and unlimited payback of more than 100 video games to mark its arrival.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: OnLive Live in U.K. Sep 22, 2011, 10:10 Beady

Good news everybody! This wont affect your bandwidth caps!

Until January.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: OnLive Live in U.K. Sep 22, 2011, 03:27 Lorcin

I'd totally agree with you about they just need to up the video quality - but that said anybody playing with the input lag will probably not mind the video (and tbh it looks as good as my wife's laptop can do).

Their not really aiming this at hardcore gamers.

3. Re: OnLive Live in U.K. Sep 22, 2011, 01:43 Draugr

I think if these guys concern themselves more with renting, with the OPTION to purchase, they'll really bring in the money.

It would be a great way to let people try before they buy.

2. Re: OnLive Live in U.K. Sep 21, 2011, 23:55 theyarecomingforyou

Okay, so I gave this a go. It was actually better than I expected but I had very low expectations. The video quality was appalling, if you get any congestion then it breaks up a bit and the quality is reduced, and there is input lag on everything (obviously).

If they can up the video quality (1080p) and keep prices low then it would make a decent service for casual usage, especially for the trial functionality. As it stands it's virtually useless.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

1. Re: OnLive Live in U.K. Sep 21, 2011, 23:02 Cutter

Well, I'm sure it'll be a race between them and Gaikai to see who gets 100 million subs this year, right?! LOL!

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo