Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed

The promised patch for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is now available, offering changes and updates for DICE's military shooter sequel, including the removal of the SecuROM wrapper from the non-Steam version of the game. The patch is automatically available through Steam, and a manual version of the 2.6 GB patch is available for download on AtomicGamer, AusGamers, and The Patches Scrolls. Here are the recently released patch notes:

• Removed some memory leaks
  • Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
  • Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
  • Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
  • Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
  • Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
  • SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
  • Minor performance enhancements
  • Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
  • PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 22, 2011, 14:12 wrigleyvillain

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 17:10:
Crashed for me only on exit.. and i actually think this is because of punkbuster...

Likely. See if PBSetup.exe has an update for BC2. I played fine without doing so last night but it was only for 5 minutes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 19:03 ^Drag0n^

phl0ter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:29:
EA hates paying customers. Why are they removing the DRM?

Reverse psychology: They are hoping that by saying they hate DRM that their customers will INSIST on it, because, you know, anything EA likes is evil.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

12. Re: awesome...... Sep 21, 2011, 19:03 eRe4s3r

Only 5 days (+-5% depending on your timezone) to go ;p  

11. awesome...... Sep 21, 2011, 18:16 Shataan

a patch released just in time for me to delete it. lol Gonna be playing BF 3 afterall. ;p  

10. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 17:10 eRe4s3r

Crashed for me only on exit.. and i actually think this is because of punkbuster...  

9. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 16:56 jimnms

deadearth wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 16:20:
They said they were including all the previous patches into this one (which probably includes the vietnam content) because it was easier and less time consuming. Not sure if the steam patch is the full size or not.
The Steam patch is 2GB.

Steam Profile

8. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 16:20 deadearth

They said they were including all the previous patches into this one (which probably includes the vietnam content) because it was easier and less time consuming. Not sure if the steam patch is the full size or not.  

7. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 16:16 Ghola

EA does hate their customers. The game crashes now  

6. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 15:11 Dev

Really? Takes a 2 gb patch for this?

And yes I've read the articles about cooking the files and stuff. Still doesn't change the end result that most companies can manage to patch complicated games without having it be 2 gb.

5. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 15:01 jimnms

I didn't know there was a non Steam version. I thought it used Steamworks and required Steam. I must have confused it with something else.  

Steam Profile

4. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 13:29 phl0ter

EA hates paying customers. Why are they removing the DRM?  

3. Patched in new bugs Sep 21, 2011, 12:38 eRe4s3r

Instead of rubber banding you now have your hitbox rubberband (which means you are behind a wall, but your hit-box isn't)

Somehow i'd rather have real rubber banding than this kind.. now you can't tell when its happening

And also the [INVALID] Clan tags are everywhere...

2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 11:24 Richard Parker

Never had.  

1. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed Sep 21, 2011, 11:21 necrosis

Sooooo. Is the SecuROM wrapper still on the Steam version or did it never have the SecuROM wrapper?  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo