Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders

IndustryGamers has news on Battlefield 3 preorders, saying 1.5 million have reserved their copies of the upcoming military shooter sequel. They cite an industry analyst as the source of this information: "Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia has revealed that EA noted the 1.5 million reservations for Battlefield 3 this week. Bhatia noted that the included map pack for BF3 has been a nice incentive for consumers to pre-order."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 22, 2011, 18:26 Sepharo

Bhruic wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 06:21:
I would have already preordered this if it were available thru steam, or if it didnt require a bunch of drm bs

This made me laugh. You'd have ordered it if it was available through Steam, but the DRM is bullshit. And yet it uses the exact same DRM as Steam.

No, the exact same DRM as Steam would be Steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 22, 2011, 06:21 Bhruic

I would have already preordered this if it were available thru steam, or if it didnt require a bunch of drm bs

This made me laugh. You'd have ordered it if it was available through Steam, but the DRM is bullshit. And yet it uses the exact same DRM as Steam. Make up your mind?

14. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 18:52 timesten

His opinion is pretty much the same as mine.

I would have already preordered this if it were available thru steam, or if it didnt require a bunch of drm bs, and or if it didnt appear like a milk you for all its worth sales platform rather than a great pc game.

As it it, i am taking the wait and see approach also. A lot of the videos make it look very cool, but there does seem to be a shady element to what is going on.

13. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 18:36 Teddy

Tumbler wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 15:42:
I have no fucking idea what they are going to end up delivering. I'm happy to wait until I have a crystal clear picture of exactly what I'll be getting if / when I buy.

I have to assume you're just being intentionally obtuse. No one is that dumb that they can't understand the information that's been laid out.

Yes it uses origin, no matter where you buy it.

The only "content" that is exclusive to any preorders are the spectact kits (which is a slightly different skin for your character, one per class, per side) and the exclusive dogtags (which are prettied up kill notifications) that are from one retailer only.

The Physical Warfare pack is just a few early unlocks that everyone will have access to eventually anyways.

The Back to Karkand map pack comes with any pre-order, regardless of where you get it from, and is the first DLC planned. It will not be available at release (even if you pre-ordered). It simply gives you that for free rather than having to pay for it when it is finally released.

It's all very simple. If you really can't understand any of that, then it's you, not them. They have been very clear about ALL of that.

Oh, and...

The more info they reveal the less this looks like the awesome game we are all hoping for.

Speak for yourself, thank you very much. The rest of us can make up our own minds.

12. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 15:42 Tumbler

Has that cleared the hazy BS for you?

No. What once looked like a very promising new game is harder and harder to see because of the mountains of bullshit being piled on top of it.

The more info they reveal the less this looks like the awesome game we are all hoping for.

BF3 by itself doesn't sound that bad. BF3 plus locked content that you get if you pre-order from a certain place plus new fangled drm called origin which this may or may not use (I've lost track of the lastest details of this) plus you have a game designed primarily for the pc's using the same maps that hte console version will have? but they will totally work for 64 players? and then now it has lan support...which makes no sense to me...the game won't run without internet connections I believe?

I have no fucking idea what they are going to end up delivering. I'm happy to wait until I have a crystal clear picture of exactly what I'll be getting if / when I buy.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 15:07 jimnms

I pre-ordered when NewEgg had it on sale a few days ago, but I'm not 100% sure I'll get it. I may cancel before release.  

Steam Profile

10. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 13:41 venomhed

EA didn't learn from the stellar marketing campaign Activision did for the inferior MW games. EA dropped the ball, instead they focused on restricting users with Origin and scary BF3 Eula's/Data mining and shit DLC only pre order garbage.

Way to blow EA, way to Blow. Dice is making probably their best BF series ever and EA is completely fucking it all up on the PR side. Makes me just want to punch the EA execs in the face all over again.

9. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 11:37 Smooth Gravy

I'm pretty sure this is what an EA executive said last week as well but it's most likely heavily weighted towards console owners. What will be really interesting is seeing how Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 performs.

i think i read somewhere that Dice knows that they will never hit COD sales numbers.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2011, 12:09.

8. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:50 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:43:
Only 1.5 over 3 platforms? Weaksauce....

Honestly the numbers are actually pretty good, 1.5m preorders is nothing to scoff at, that is a shitload of money. Of course what percentage is through Gamestop is the real story here.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

7. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:49 Arithon

Tumbler wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:28:
..but then all that DLC weapon unlock bs happened and things keep getting hazy..

It was pretty clearly spelt out. Pre-order to get extra DLC at launch, that you won't otherwise be able to get until later.

Back to Karkand, Physical Warfare Pack and SPECACT Kit multiplayer skins are available depending who you buy from (all if you buy through Origin).

Has that cleared the hazy BS for you?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

6. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:48 Bhruic

most likely heavily weighted towards console owners

I'm curious, as the BF series have been primarily PC-centric games, what makes you believe that?

5. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:47 SpectralMeat

McSterls wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 10:36:
Then there was the alpha...good god.

I can't decide if Good God is good or bad?

I am pretty sure it is bad.

Steam: SpectralMeat

4. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:43 xXBatmanXx

Only 1.5 over 3 platforms? Weaksauce....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:36 McSterls

Then there was the alpha...good god.

I can't decide if Good God is good or bad?

2. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:28 Tumbler

Sticking to the sideline for now. Had a pre-order in but then all that DLC weapon unlock bs happened and things keep getting hazy the more they talk/reveal about the game. Then there was the alpha...good god.

This is a super sale special a month or so after launch for now. We'll see how things look once that open beta (aka demo) arrives.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Re: 1.5 M Battlefield 3 Preorders Sep 21, 2011, 10:24 Verno

I'm pretty sure this is what an EA executive said last week as well but it's most likely heavily weighted towards console owners. What will be really interesting is seeing how Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 performs.  

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Legends, Intruders, Apocalypse Now

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo