Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 22, 2011, 10:26 mch

True, it's mostly just an annual $60 roster update (a valid complaint on any of EA Sports' games), but if you're calling the NHL games garbage you clearly haven't played one. Simple as that guy.  
PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 18:29 Cutter

No, I mean that in-effect it's just the same game every year where some of the stats and players change. It's just like an addon pack, yet they charge full price for it and people buy it. If they were like $10 or even $20 I could understand, but $50+ dollars? It boggles the mind.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 16:22 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:15:
NHL 12 makes $27 mil in week one? Who the fuck keeps buying these garbage games?!

What do you like, Captain Negativity? There's nothing wrong with the NHL games.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 14:08 Verno

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 13:15:
NHL 12 makes $27 mil in week one? Who the fuck keeps buying these garbage games?!

Hockey in Canada is like football in the US, it moves serious copies up there.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 13:49 ^Drag0n^

Hockey fans. They also make great console "party games".

Many fans also use this to drive their Fantasy league selections. Too bad EA screwed the pooch on last year's cup prediction (and I couldn't have been happier with the result).

Anyway, just because you don't like sports games doesn't mean they are a bad genre. I'm actually quite impressed with how well EA iterates and adds to these games each year. Roster changes, rule changes, hell, this year one of the teams was moved, requiring a total redesign of the sweaters and arenas that aren't in NHL11. They do an admirable job to catch the unique vibe oand design of the individual rinks, much like the racing games do with tracks. They also improve game mechanics and the graphics engine itself each year. Never regretted the copies of NHL I've bought.

IMO, the biggest fault of NHL12? Not having Tim Thomas on the cover. Sacrilege.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 21, 2011, 13:15 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo