Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: How video games blur real life boundaries... Sep 21, 2011, 21:36 Nucas

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 17:48:
Violent: A still from a version of the Grand Theft Auto game. It has been linked to a number of murders in the U.S.

Huh? Linked how? By whom? Because some dumbass said, "Hey, I think this guy killed this other guy because he played Grand Theft Auto!!"?

What a a shameful, baseless propaganda piece. Utter crap.

it's the daily mail. the author probably made everything in the article up as he went along.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 19:31 ^Drag0n^

Best quote from that mess of an article's feedback column:

GTP! Thank goodness someone's identified my problem at last! Why just the other day I had the urge to jump on an ostrich and go grab some eggs, all whilst jousting. When will they be making a pill for this?
- Joan, Canada, 21/9/2011 21:43

Maybe one day people will wake up and realize that there are just pain some sick, effed-up people out there. It doesn't matter what they do in their leisure, it's their mind that's already wired wrong.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

6. How video games blur real life boundaries... Sep 21, 2011, 17:48 Prez

Violent: A still from a version of the Grand Theft Auto game. It has been linked to a number of murders in the U.S.

Huh? Linked how? By whom? Because some dumbass said, "Hey, I think this guy killed this other guy because he played Grand Theft Auto!!"?

What a a shameful, baseless propaganda piece. Utter crap.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 14:34 J

I had just forgotten why I never bought Starcraft 2. Thanks for reminding me.  

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 13:56 Cutter

This was the point I was trying to make in the Diablo thread last night. You give them an inch and they take a yard and more if they can. If you give companies like this permission to do things like this now it's only going to get progressively worse. For the morons who think Blizzard's always-on DRM is no big deal they've missed the entire point.

What Blizzard is trying to do is the exact same thing. Is anyone seriously naieve enough to beleive Kotick doesn't have his claws in this? It's entirely about control, as well as tracking you for profit. What happens when everyone starts doing it? Then you start getting denied all manner of insurance, not getting jobs with potential employers, etc. because they've looked at your personal habits and don't like them. It's like Gattaca where it's illegal to ask someone for their DNA, but they have all the workarounds anyway. And again, it's just the beginning.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 13:56 Wowbagger_TIP

What really grinds me is how they hide it in the T&C paper that NO ONE ever reads and is very difficult to read or understand.
They're generally pretty easy to understand. They usually amount to, "We can do anything we want, and you agree not to sue us."

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 11:31 Bumpy

Bottom line, there is NO privacy any more.

Cameras and GPS are great aids but the come at a cost.

Waiting for phone industry to start doing the same thing - selling personal location info to companies.

What really grinds me is how they hide it in the T&C paper that NO ONE ever reads and is very difficult to read or understand.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 21, 2011, 10:47 xXBatmanXx

OnStar Begins Spying On Customers’ GPS Location For Profit.

Begins? I am sure they were doing it all along.

It is funny how people think business aren't shady as hell and won't do anything and EVERYTHING under their power regardless of morals and such. Businesses aren't pure, they are run by crooked fux that don't give 2 shits about anything but making a buck with zero oversight (which we have seen int he last 5 years with all of the economic woes) and then you have the VP of the USA that says our economic downturn was a "run of bad luck". ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo