Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Starbreeze Working on New IP

Gamasutra has word that Swedish developer Starbreeze Studios is working on a new IP as well as the just confirmed Syndicate remake, which will be a first-person shooter. The new still-unannounced project is a collaboration with Josef Fares, described as "a top Swedish film director," who apparently wooed the developer with a prototype. "I love games, and I have been working on a games concept for quite some time. The more I worked with the concept, the more convinced I felt that this is a solid game idea," says the director. "Together with Story Lab we created a prototype that we presented to Starbreeze, and they instantly liked the concept." They also quote Starbreeze CEO Mikael Nermark: "Just minutes into Josef's presentation we knew that this was a game that we wanted to develop, and we started to work on the concept the very same day."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 16:43 avianflu

it was pretty clear just looking at the later crappy games that something internal happened with Starbreeze after the first riddick game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 09:48 lasersquad

TinMan wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 06:18:
The starbreeze that made that game is considerably different from the starbreeze of today.

Word. Great article too - I like me a bit of insider drama. Also, it reminded me of Into The Shadows - lol, forgot about this epic vapourware. Heady days :-)

11. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 09:42 lasersquad

*sorry: double post, didn`t know you can`t delete your own Any mod plz feel free to get rid of this*

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 2011, 09:55.

10. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 08:55 Burrito of Peace

Who fucking cares.

"News" about announcements of announcements with no details is a waste of pretty blue space.

9. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 06:18 TinMan

The starbreeze that made that game is considerably different from the starbreeze of today.
A chunk of them left to form Machine Games.
http://www.1up.com/features/starbreeze-secret-history

8. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 00:22 Stormsinger

More work for the studio is fine, but can we PLEASE stop referring to a FPS Syndicate as a "remake"? It flat isn't. Sequel maybe, but not remake.  

7. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 23:54 Trevellian

Stop giving them work? Riddick and Darkness were both awesome, go to hell.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

6. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 23:42 Starang

Calling Josef Fares a top Swedish director is pushing it to say the least. He made like four movies and two of them were horrible especially the rip off on Super Troopers. To be fair one movie he did make that didn't suck was actually pretty good.  

5. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 23:31 space captain

escape from butcher bay was an awesome game  
Go forth, and kill!

4. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 22:44 MuzixMon

I don't mind them getting more work, after the Riddick games they showed they were more than capable of making a top notch game!

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

3. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 21:18 born2expire

Stop giving this studio work, geez.  

2. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 21:10 The Half Elf

Guess what? We are working on the next best thing EVER! And guess what? We ain't gonna tell you shit about it!
Ok FINE FINE, we'll drop some names and tell you that we creamed ourselves when it was presented to us, and we figured we would share the news and again tell you nothing!

So make sure to keep checking back with us and in a year or 2 we MAY give you a title and/or concept art!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 19, 2011, 21:05 Cutter

Suck it, Trebek. Suck it long. Suck it hard.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo