Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours

Eidos Montreal Tumblr Blog offers an idea of how much gameplay should be expected from The Missing Link, the upcoming DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, their action/RPG prequel (thanks nin). Word is:

The Missing Link is approximately 5 hours long, but as always that varies depending on your playstyle and completionist urges.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Totally OT sidenote: Sep 21, 2011, 14:29 nin

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 14:25:
Does anyone know if the cinematic at the end of the credits is the same for all four endings? I lack the patience to sit through them 3 more times at 10 minutes a pop.

Thanks.

^D^

Considering steam only rewards a single achievement for sitting through it, I'd be surprised if it's more than one.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Totally OT sidenote: Sep 21, 2011, 14:25 ^Drag0n^

Does anyone know if the cinematic at the end of the credits is the same for all four endings? I lack the patience to sit through them 3 more times at 10 minutes a pop.

Thanks.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 20, 2011, 12:35 DNForever

This game is really good so far, looking forward to the extra levels. I like video games. Don't care if they "outsourced" the boss battles, which really aren't that bad anyways.  

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 20, 2011, 11:22 ^Drag0n^

You'll have to do a lot better than that to taunt me to participate in one of your threadjackings, my friend.

^D^

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 20, 2011, 07:51 yuastnav

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 18:53:
Agreed.

Whenever I hear people bitch about DLC costing $10, I like to remind them that the lunch that gave them the runs for four days cost more, and gave far less.

^D^

And when you hear people bitch about DLC costing $10 who don't spend that much on lunch and actually have a pleasant meal you quietly go away?

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 20, 2011, 00:28 ^Drag0n^

mag wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 22:52:
Agreed.

Whenever I hear people bitch about DLC costing $10, I like to remind them that the lunch that gave them the runs for four days cost more, and gave far less.

^D^

Who pays more than $10 for lunch?

Bay area, Dude.

^D^

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 23:27 Tanto Edge

Ten bucks...? ...yeah okay, but I'll wait and buy a goty edition with the four or five dlc packages that I'm assuming we'll see by this time next year.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 22:52 mag

Agreed.

^D^

Who pays more than $10 for lunch?

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:49 ^Drag0n^

Riker wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 19:33:
Not bad. Don't go crazy with the pricing, Square Eidos.

And yeah, the fact that you pretty much can max out your augs by the end of the game is a bummer... not very good balancing.

I actually thought they did it well...by the end of the game, you pretty much needed most of the augs to have a chance at finishing without the Dev menu hack (i.e. cheating).

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:37 Sho

Riker wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 19:33:

And yeah, the fact that you pretty much can max out your augs by the end of the game is a bummer... not very good balancing.

Nice avatar.

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:33 Riker

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:20 ^Drag0n^

Sho wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 19:03:

That's a stupid comparison, though - apples and oranges. You could for example point out that a book costs 10 bucks too, and is likely to entertain you for far longer than five hours.

That said, personally - and that's the only thing that counts - I find an extra helping of DXHR worth 10 bucks, too.

Plus I really don't mind if they drown in money over this one; they deserve it for taking big-budget first-person games back into the right direction.

Missing my point: it's not meant to be an analogy. It's meant to say you waste more money on things far more trivial every day, many of which don't end up working out. Moreso even because it's highly doubtful DXHR DLC is going to be on a list of spending regrets.

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:08 Sho

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 19:05:
I think I'm going to wait on this for more DLC to show up like I did with FONV. I'd rather go back in and do a full replay with 3 or 4 DLC. Also by that point Steam should do one of it's sales for like $2.50 a pop. Or with inflation...about tree-fiddy.

Since this one isn't integrated into the game and doesn't even build on your existing character AIUI (you pick a new set of augs), "replaying with DLC" won't work, so I don't see the point in waiting on that account.

BTW, is it just me or does the "choose new augs" thing hold no allure by itself? I'm close to the end of my first playthrough, and the number of PRAXIS points I racked up through the game pretty much almost let me max out everything ...

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:05 Cutter

I think I'm going to wait on this for more DLC to show up like I did with FONV. I'd rather go back in and do a full replay with 3 or 4 DLC. Also by that point Steam should do one of it's sales for like $2.50 a pop. Or with inflation...about tree-fiddy.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:03 Sho

That's a stupid comparison, though - apples and oranges. You could for example point out that a book costs 10 bucks too, and is likely to entertain you for far longer than five hours.

That said, personally - and that's the only thing that counts - I find an extra helping of DXHR worth 10 bucks, too.

Plus I really don't mind if they drown in money over this one; they deserve it for taking big-budget first-person games back into the right direction.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 19:02 Graham

Agreed.

^D^

What a shitty analogy. I concur.

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 18:53 ^Drag0n^

Agreed.

^D^

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 18:45 Techie714

Drayth wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 17:23:
Some people charge $59.99 for that and call it Modern Warfare.

LOL, nice well played!

I'm totally fine with this as long as it does not exceed 9.99. 5+ hours of entertainment for 10 bucks is a good deal in my book

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 18:26 Blackhawk

In my personal experience, when content is advertised at 10 hours, most people play it in six, and I take 15.  

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC ~Five Hours Sep 19, 2011, 18:16 Creston

Hmmm. That's pretty underwhelming.

I wouldn't mind if it would just seamlessly mesh with the game itself (just making it longer), but by having it be played completely separately (and even nuking your augs)...

I dunno.

Creston

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo