Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Primal Carnage Footage

The official website of Primal Carnage now offers a new trailer showing alpha gameplay footage of this upcoming multiplayer combat game that pits humans, who play in first-person shooter mode, versus dinosaurs, which are played from a third-person perspective. A couple of interesting aspects of the game are shown, including dual-wielding by humans and human devouring by dinosaurs. Word is: "All the footage in this video is entirely unscripted. It is the actual gameplay which occurred in just one of our regular internal QA testing sessions. The tension, the teamwork, and the action are all a natural part of Primal Carnage; and the depth and dynamics of the game continue to grow with each new feature added."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 19, 2011, 16:24 Sir Graves

Really looks fun for a change of pace sometime, but dang, when's it coming out? I mean, been seeing trailers for this for oh, a year, year and a half(?) now, and it's always "alpha" footage and they always talk like it still has a long way to go. Hard to stay excited for this when it seems like it's never actually coming out.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 19, 2011, 06:16 InBlack

Devouring puny humans for breakfast?! This could be quite a fun game  

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 23:22 FreonTrip

Trainwreck wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 21:22:
Dinosaurs didn't fly or swim in the oceans. Animals like pterosaurs and plesiosaurs are not considered dinosaurs.

Birds are extant theropod dinosaurs, and Archaeopteryx was (sort of clumsily) winging it in Mesozoic air space. Your second point's accurate: there's no evidence of specialized marine dinosaurs. Icthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, pliosaurs, and placodonts were euryapsid reptiles, not closely related to dinosaurs. Mosasaurs were bad, terrifying diapsids, but seem closer to snakes than dinosaurs.

Primal Carnage looks like good LAN fodder. I'd take it over a dozen Dino D-Days based on the video. Still, Primal Rage remains the greatest dinosaur game made to date. What I'd give to see a modern version of that.

9. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 23:04 Cornholio

space captain wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 22:23:
Dinosaurs didn't fly or swim in the oceans. Animals like pterosaurs and plesiosaurs are not considered dinosaurs.

then how can you explain the fact that they have "saur" in their names?

BOOM!! i just blew your mind

Never fails... always get a good laugh out of space captain's comments.

8. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 22:23 space captain

then how can you explain the fact that they have "saur" in their names?

BOOM!! i just blew your mind

Go forth, and kill!

7. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 21:25 Jerykk

This makes me really want a Trespasser remake. Trespasser had a lot of potential but the execution was terrible, largely because the technology simply couldn't keep up. With modern tech, a Trespasser remake could live up to the original's potential. Open-world, survival-horror on an island with a living ecosystem of dinosaurs? Yes please.  

6. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 21:22 Trainwreck

5. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 19:31 bhcompy

nin wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 15:43:

That's a name I've not heard in awhile...wait, no, I was thinking of Primal Rage, the old Atari game.

Yea, fuck Primal Carnage. I want Primal Rage

4. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 18:05 ASeven

As someone who donated to this team a long while ago, there's more human and dino classes, like the flying dino and the flamethrower human. Plus humans can use vehicles.  

3. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 17:03 Razumen

Looks good, they just need to add more weapon and dinosaur variety.  

2. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 16:39 Cornholio

I could see this being a fun LAN game. Outside of that I think it would start getting old after about an hour or so.  

1. Re: Primal Carnage Footage Sep 18, 2011, 15:43 nin

That's a name I've not heard in awhile...wait, no, I was thinking of Primal Rage, the old Atari game.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo