Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears

A post on the Electronic Arts UK Forums outlines testing of the next patch for Battlefield Bad Company 2, describing its intent of addressing bugs an performance issues, and noting that one of the things holding up its release it Steam testing. Now this post says this testing is complete, and the patch is expected on Wednesday: "The game has completed Steam QA! Expect the release in the wee hours of Wednesday Sep 21st (GMT). There will be a proper announcement on Monday Sep 19th." Thanks RoadCzar.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 19, 2011, 10:13 deadgoon

BF2, BF2142 and BFBC2 all shipped with broken code and maps and weapons without balance. It wasn't until after they released newer product (BF2 was eventually fixed after the release of BF2142. BF2142 was eventually fixed after BFBC was released...)

It comes down to putting out a decent product with acceptable feedback and not bending to the will of the minority a la Blizzard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 19, 2011, 05:53 loomy

it is sad to me that you guys think this game was patched a lot, because it means you haven't seen better. it means our standards are going down.

a competitive game like this needed 10x the patches each making 10x the changes. the game, including the maps, are broken. they were never significantly changed after release. the unfair maps are still unfair. the best gun then is still the best gun.

bf 1942 had a lot of patches. witcher had a lot of patches. guild wars had a lot of patches. these examples shipped broken and were lifted up with a lot of work. battlefield bad company 2 never got that far. there are reasons for that.

28. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 15:27 entr0py

The theory that recon is popular due in large part to mortars seems plausible to me. EA did a poll during the BF3 alpha that had thousands of respondents, and recon was the least popular of all classes, about half as popular as assault alone. There were no mortars in the alpha.

Also, it does get irritating how people think that recon and sniper are the same thing. I never use a sniper rifle, but it can be great fun to run around like a maniac with a Thompson and some det packs.

27. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 15:07 Kevin Lowe

Another good fix for the sniper would be to require enough space to level your rifle for it to be usable. The same should go for LMGs. It'd be great to see specific carbine-wielding squads for building entry.  

26. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 14:54 arimus

Totally agree with the comment about mortars. I think that mortars could actually be a team weapon...maybe spotting by snipers and actual mortar shots by another class.

I think what really needs to be changed is not weapons, but how the weapons operate. They need to completely nerf blind fire nonsense. Distance is what makes the sniper class powerful and anyone that can bridge that distance shouldn't be so easily disposed of via blind-fire sniping at short ranges. There should be some amount of settle time with artificial inaccuracy built-in. There needs to be incentive for a sniper to pull out his hand-gun or other close range weapon should they find themselves in a close-range situation. If they can use their .50 with any real hope of winning the encounter, something is seriously amiss.

25. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 14:06 EddieTheHack

Surf wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 12:39:
Like I said earlier, bugs and exploits? The game has little, but the imbalance the snipers have is infuriating. All EA?Dice has to do is this:

"Lets see, what are the metrics of the classes and what does the public favor?:

Assault: 20%
Engineer: 15%
Medic: 15%
Sniper: 50%

HMMMMM, wonder if there is a problem here?"

Ya EA you dumb shits, the Sniper is over powered! God damn, and it has been since day one. Perfect aim, no bullet drop, no sway, NADA.

As yourself this. If Snipers were this effective in the real world, why didn't we just send 1000 snipers to Afghanistan and take the country over in 30 days with zero civilian causalities?

What draws people in to using the sniper class is the mortar. I normally play as either a medic or a sniper depending on the map. When I am playing as a sniper I am not using any of the sniper class specific weapons. G3 with a 4x and mortars. I think what would fix things is forcing snipers to actually use a sniper weapon. If that happened lots of guys would quit using the class. BC2 is not MW2 and your not going to be getting no scope head shots running around a map. I have shot thousands of rounds on my M95 and AR-30M at long ranges. The bullet drop in game is pretty close to what I see IRL. Most of the sniper shots in BC2 are short range shots under 400m. At that distance a .50 or 338 lapua has a basically flat flight path to target. I use my AR for Elk hunting and I zero my scope to 350m. Those short distances just don't give enough time for gravity to dramatically effect the flight path because the round is supersonic the entire time. Unless your going for a moving target it is a point and shoot affair under 400m. Wind is another story - but again with a short flight path it usually not a big issue.

I agree though, the sniper class need to be reigned it. Forcing class specific weapon use would go a long way towards fixing it. As it stands right now my clan just limits snipers to 2 guys per team on our servers. Hopefully things get fixed someday.

24. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 12:46 PHJF

Because we 'Mericans LOVE TO BLOW SHIT UP!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

23. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 12:39 Surf

Like I said earlier, bugs and exploits? The game has little, but the imbalance the snipers have is infuriating. All EA?Dice has to do is this:

"Lets see, what are the metrics of the classes and what does the public favor?:

Assault: 20%
Engineer: 15%
Medic: 15%
Sniper: 50%

HMMMMM, wonder if there is a problem here?"

Ya EA you dumb shits, the Sniper is over powered! God damn, and it has been since day one. Perfect aim, no bullet drop, no sway, NADA.

As yourself this. If Snipers were this effective in the real world, why didn't we just send 1000 snipers to Afghanistan and take the country over in 30 days with zero civilian causalities?

22. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 11:02 EddieTheHack

loomy wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 23:49:
bfbc2 is totally broken and has basically never been patched

this patch must be the consequence of some executive briefed on bf3 learning that there was another game like it out there and maybe it could use some work

thanks for the token patch now that the game is imminently obsolescent

Have you ever played the game or do you just enjoy talking out of your ass? DICE did a great job supporting BC2 for the most part. Yeah, the server browser is rotten but thats really it. I have 400 hours logged on the game and I have seen maybe 3 guys that were cheating and they all got banned.

If you want an example of totally broken look at Red Orchestra 2. That game is a heaping pile of shit. Thankfully I traded my copy right away on steam.

21. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 10:41 Nighthawk

I heard the 2142 1.6 patch will fix the invulnerable spawn beacon bug  

20. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 09:09 Badboyquake

they did indeed enough patches. fixing serverbrowser (running gag), increase performance, weapon nerfs, exploit fixes.

only thing was its like with brink and all new games, the tournament features are missing (bfbc2=no ingame console, proper spec mode, demorecording, a good hud).

the game was a suprise hit for me, i still play it, sometimes i get angry about the millions of camp snipers with cheat radars or a really annoying helicopter.

19. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 07:39 Bludd

loomy wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 23:49:

this patch must be the consequence of some executive briefed on bf3 learning that there was another game like it out there and maybe it could use some work

You are crazy, this patch is R11, so there have basically been 10 patches before it.

18. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 18, 2011, 05:07 Zardoz5

Prez wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 23:20:
So how's that BF2142 patch coming?
Its be done for a while now and passed Valve's QA, but the EA/Valve tiff has delayed 2142's release on Steam and sadly the game is near death. Too bad, so much fun to be had in Titan mode.

17. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 23:49 loomy

16. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 23:20 Prez

So how's that BF2142 patch coming?  

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 21:34 eRe4s3r

Same here, that is the most annoying issue in BC2 - and it only happened with the latest patch  

14. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 21:32 eRe4s3r

And thats how it works -It could be possible EA actually asked for an QA since they probably mean this to be the "final" act of the patching process for bc2. And the patch is supposedly huge. (as in size-wise)

Or maybe its just an excuse.. i have never (honestly) heard of steam doing patch QA as in, actually actively searching for new issues.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2011, 21:39.

13. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 21:13 entr0py

jamiedj99 wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 19:54:
oddly enough if this was a exclusive origin perches would they not need to upload it to origin servers then patch a copy of the game to see if it works before rolling out to everone. or they useing the patch and prey system with origin like when you shoot and spay and pray

I don't know what you're talking about man, but as far as I know games distributed through Origin just use the default install directory and file structure. So, unlike Steam, the standard patch for any game will simply work as well with Origin as it would with a game installed from DVD. I hope they won't copy Steam's DRM model in the future.

12. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 19:54 jamiedj99

oddly enough if this was a exclusive origin perches would they not need to upload it to origin servers then patch a copy of the game to see if it works before rolling out to everone. or they useing the patch and prey system with origin like when you shoot and spay and pray  

11. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Sep 17, 2011, 19:53 Tusker

No mention of a fix for the zoom bug which still torments me...

Bigcry

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo