Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer

The Battlefield Blog announces the release of the full Operation Guillotine Gameplay Trailer from Battlefield 3, following the teaser trailer released last week. This offers a fuller look at this operation from the upcoming military shooter sequel, as well as the first trailer released from the Xbox 360 edition of the game.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 11:23 qsto

Battlefield always was about runnin & gunnin. But due to the size of maps, you usually do a bit more running than in CoD... OR you just jump into a Humvee or even M1. However, the basis of BF was always in acradadish fun and teamplay. Also, there's already quite a bit of material from E3 and the alpha when it comes to multi. And did everyone just suddenly forget the Caspian Border trailer? All PC, all multi?

Besides that, they've shown the coop and now the Guillotine gameplay. They need to showcase a campaign in order to attract a certain percentage of the gamers.

By the end of sept, 29th most likely (27th for Origin pre-orders) we'll get an open beta, which will either sell the game for us or it won't. At any rate I'm already sold on the alpha.

It's not Battlefield 2: The Frostbite 2.0 Edition. It's Battlefield 3. If reskinned BF2 after six years is all people want, then wtf? There's always BF2 to play, or even Project Reality.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 10:35 born2expire

YAY!!! more scripted follow the leader gameplay.  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 10:25 Marvin T. Martian

RoTide wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 08:55:
Interesting how many Quick Time Event esque (Read: Fully scripted) moments happen in that trailer.

Setting up/Loading/Firing Mortar
Climbing Wall where it is scripted to do so
Kicking in the door [OMG HIT B NOW]
Falling back in slow-mo to shoot the guy on the other side of the next door.
Randomly running away from the car at the end to avoid being killed with your teammates when it explodes.

There were only a couple sections in that trailer where you actually aimed and shot at something.

I want to love this game.. But it seems to just fall in line with all the other "interactive movie" bullshit "games" that have been released lately. What happened to giving me a gun and letting me decide how best to kill all the enemies?

Agree, (even if it was mostly SP footage). Looks like just another run, gun and die game. I also felt this way about the Alpha test that I played. I really wanted to love this game too but so far I havn't seen (and played) anything that will make me buy it. Maybe the beta will change my mind--but I really doubt it.

7. Re: Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 09:33 RoTide

If that were true, why are they showcasing the SP campaign?

I agree that in the Battlefield franchise, there either was _no_ SP or it was extremely limited. Still love flying choppers in DC for 1942.

I just find it suspect that they would showcase the "filler" instead of the actual meat and potatoes.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 09:06 qsto

RoTide wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 08:55:
Interesting how many Quick Time Event esque (Read: Fully scripted) moments happen in that trailer.

Randomly running away from the car at the end to avoid being killed with your teammates when it explodes.

There were only a couple sections in that trailer where you actually aimed and shot at something.

I want to love this game.. But it seems to just fall in line with all the other "interactive movie" bullshit "games" that have been released lately. What happened to giving me a gun and letting me decide how best to kill all the enemies?
You do understand, that the SP campaign is just a filler; to get a feel for the game before going online? I suspect over half the people buying this game, especilly on PC won't ever touch the SP, let alone complete it. I only played the first mission on BC2 and never went back, and I've raked over 250h online.

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 17, 2011, 08:55 RoTide

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 16, 2011, 22:58 Shataan

" and then 29th for everyone else. "

yup, everyone else who pre ordered, and are not in the U.S..

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 16, 2011, 22:04 DangerDog

They'll milk out the beta hype for as long as they can, early access to the beta probably won't start till the 27th, and then 29th for everyone else.

Figure the beta will go for about a week then shut down.

Then on to the 25th for when the retail beta is released lol.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 16, 2011, 21:44 jacobvandy

It's rather... odd how they made the teaser out of the PC version (complete with disclaimer "ACTUAL IN-GAME FOOTAGE") and then made this trailer using the Xbox version. Fun to spot the differences, though.  

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 16, 2011, 21:30 Krovven

So I guess the last trailer that said "see more September 16", they were being quite literal. As in see more of this trailer. Was hoping for the beta launch.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo