Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Magazine Ends

The World of Warcraft: the Magazine Website announces that Future's WoW-specific magazine has ceased publication after only five issues. Subscribers are being sent codes to redeem for a "special offer" or a refund for the balance of their subscription. Here's word from their mail, passed along by nin: "We really appreciate your support for the magazine and would like to offer you a premium based on your remaining subscription term, or, if you prefer, a full refund of your remaining balance instead. To redeem your premium or request a refund, please visit www.worldofwarcraftthemagazine.com by September 30, 2011." The site offers a FAQ revealing what those who forego a refund will receive: "Most subscribers received a choice between a collection of six in-game pets or a full refund of their remaining subscription balance. However, some individuals with longer subscription terms remaining were offered one or two further premiums in addition to the pet collection."

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 13:46 Krovven

There was plenty more in the WoW Mag than just "tips and tricks".

Interviews with devs, retrospectives, fan articles, art, etc, etc.

Basically each magazine was a WoW art book released every 4 months.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 07:36 Theo

EvE online has a great magazine (Eon) but the thing is - given the unique nature of eve and the way its community interact with each other (read: set each other on fire) the concept really works. The mag isnt really about the mechanics of the game and more about the power struggles that are going on within the game. obviously they do articles on various ships classes and builds for that stuff and features of the game, but the best stuff is the propganda that the various factions and alliances put out in the mag. The quality is also fucking awsome.

its like someone in this topic said, with a game like wow, your likely to be able to find the "mechanical infomation" online and probably better disscussed. It was prolly doomed to fail i would guess.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

17. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 05:24 Asmo

Exclusive picture of the in-game pet on offer...

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/GetSomeZzzz/failboat.jpg

16. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 04:03 Luke

No worries fanboys , in d3 you can collect pages ingame and when you have all 30 pages you go to a dlc shit page and there you can download the hole magazine for only 3 $ remember to click " i like"  

15. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 01:58 Draugr

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 00:47:
Someone explain why they've ceased the publication?

Seems to me anyone who would be into WoW enough to warrant a magazine subscription already knows where to get the same information online, and they get it when the news comes out, not just when their magazine shows up once a month.

So basically, the same reason a lot of publications are struggling.

14. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 01:37 Sempai

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 23:39:
Sempai wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 22:58:
Haha, is it just me or is Blizzard as a whole just going into the shitter?

It says right there on the first line it was run by Future, not Blizzard.

Ahh, my bad. But still, this is pretty damn silly.

13. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 01:20 Kitkoan

Tanto Edge wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 00:47:

My guess? Low sales.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

12. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 00:47 Tanto Edge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

11. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 00:29 Kitkoan

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 21:45:
Here's the fun part: If you want a refund - they want you to write them a letter. Snail mail. They already have all your info, since they've been mailed you the magazines, but they insist on a written letter with all of your info for a refund. What a bunch of horseshit.

Sounds more like they are trying to discourage you from getting a refund and hoping to drive people towards the mini-pets since that will be the easiest option given (and most profitable to them), since people will most of the time opt for easy (kinda like how mail in rebates work)

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

10. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 17, 2011, 00:00 Shok

I subscribed when it first came out but they never sent me the first issue so I ended up cancelling and getting my money back. I know when I did that it was entirely through email and no snail mail.  

9. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 23:39 fujiJuice

It says right there on the first line it was run by Future, not Blizzard.

8. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 23:16 Frijoles

I don't think Blizzard ran this magazine, did they? I know they supported it, but they didn't run it directly. At least that's what I'm remembering.

7. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 22:58 Sempai

nin wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 21:45:
Here's the fun part: If you want a refund - they want you to write them a letter. Snail mail. They already have all your info, since they've been mailed you the magazines, but they insist on a written letter with all of your info for a refund. What a bunch of horseshit.

That's some real sketchy shit their pulling on paying customers. They should be making this as easy and transparent as possible and yet it sounds like it's more akin to a "middle of the night" infomercial scam.

GL guys.

6. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 22:03 Agent.X7

Shocking.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:45 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:11 Krovven

Magazine was great. I havent even been playing WoW since January, but still enjoyed the mag.

I've emailed them directly, I'm not going to wait for a cheque in the mail that may never come. I also may be moving for a job, so gambling on that cheque ever getting to me, isnt a gamble I want to make.

3. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:07 beigemore

The magazine looked interesting, but a bit too pricey.  

2. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 21:07 Spektr

Well they have managed to blotch up a magazine based on the pc game that managed to get more money from gamers' pockets than any other game that I can think of so what do you expect?  

1. Re: WoW Magazine Ends Sep 16, 2011, 20:47 Krovven

When you get the "offer" of WoW pets...skip to the bottom and click the small red print.

No thanks, just give me a refund

It's a fucking joke they make you snail mail in a letter to request the refund. I subscribed online. I paid online. Why the hell can I not get my refund done electronically too?

Assholes.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo