Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - RAGE

"RAGE is ready!!" declares the Bethesda Blog, announcing that id Software's first-person shooter is now complete, and ready for its release on October 4th in North America and October 7th in Europe. They offer a picture of RAGE Senior Brand Manager, old whatshisname, holding final versions of the game for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, and direct those interested in preordering the Anarchy Edition to the RAGE website.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 19, 2011, 09:19 lasersquad

For me this game went from WTFITS to hell-it-might-even-be-good status recently. I`m bit sick of corridor shooters and anything that opens up the world a little is a good thing. Sure, it looks generic, but also we can expect some engine solidness from Mr.Carmack.

Alternatively, I`m just a Bethesda`s fanboy & wish them well

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 19, 2011, 05:53 Eldaron Imotholin

I truly don't understand the hype around this game. I guess they spent the righ amount of cash on advertising and brainwashing...

Sure it looks alright, but that's it for me.

And then, when I heard a dev trying to sell this game with a comment saying that the game is a good 15 hours of fun.. I completely discarded it from my wishlist. I'll get around playing it someday for sure. Sooner than later if the reviews are as exagguratingly awesome as the previews.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

36. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 19, 2011, 04:27 Unknown Soldier

Perfect Circle song in the launch trailer = sold!

Not sure what that says about my priorities in gaming.

35. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 19, 2011, 00:44 EddieTheHack

Ant wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 11:05:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 10:49:
I have never seen a game written by id software that sucks balls.

Very much looking forward to see what JohnC's been up to these last few years.

^D^
You played it already? For me, it doesn't look that good since it looks your typical FPS with pretty graphics. However, I haven't played it so I could be wrong after trying it which is why I need a playable demo.

I got some seat time with it at QuakeCon. It was just a taste, but it left me wanting more. Id has always done typical FPS - and this is a massive departure from what they usually do. The world really feels alive and it feels massive. There is just a bunch of stuff going on. Part of me wanted to stick to the story and part of me just wanted to wander around and explore. I was glad I pre-ordered after getting to mess with it some. I would be shocked if a demo gets released for Rage because I do not see how you could just lop a section off the game because of how it is structured - The only way to demo it would be to have the entire game because of the lack of discrete levels. It would go a long way towards selling a ton of copies if they let you have the game for like 4 hours of play time on steam. ID is one of the last studios that I will buy a game from without playing it first, they have yet to not do the right thing.

34. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 18, 2011, 11:56 ^Drag0n^

I think you're missing my point: I've never been disappointed by id, therefore I don't expect them to start now.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

33. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 18, 2011, 11:05 Ant

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 18, 2011, 10:49:

^D^
You played it already? For me, it doesn't look that good since it looks your typical FPS with pretty graphics. However, I haven't played it so I could be wrong after trying it which is why I need a playable demo.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

32. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 18, 2011, 10:49 ^Drag0n^

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

31. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 18, 2011, 04:28 TinMan

Journalists who played 3 hours of the game seem up on it.
http://www.google.com/search?q=three+hours+of+rage

30. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 17, 2011, 11:58 Badboyquake

rage and battlefield 3 preorder for me!  

29. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 17, 2011, 04:05 Ant

Kedyn wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 03:38:
Darks wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:30:
I just donít follow what all the hatred is towards this game. I personally think itís going to be a lot of fun. Especially playing it Coop. The game looks good, even though they have been showing off the Console shit textures the PC version is going to look way better and play much better. Some of you guys need to spend less time bitching about PC games and just be glad we are still getting games on the PC. All I can say is itís your lose. I know I for one will be enjoying the hell out of this game.

My issue with the game is that I don't really know too much about it. All I've seen is a few gameplay videos and from what I've seen on them, it doesn't look too special.

If you can link me a few videos or interviews to try to prove me wrong, I'd love to see them, because right now I think the only thing I'm excited about is Planetside 2.
Yep, it's all marketings. Marketings always look good. When the stuff are used, then they are not that great. We need samplers like playable demos.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

28. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 17, 2011, 03:38 Kedyn

Darks wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:30:
I just donít follow what all the hatred is towards this game. I personally think itís going to be a lot of fun. Especially playing it Coop. The game looks good, even though they have been showing off the Console shit textures the PC version is going to look way better and play much better. Some of you guys need to spend less time bitching about PC games and just be glad we are still getting games on the PC. All I can say is itís your lose. I know I for one will be enjoying the hell out of this game.

My issue with the game is that I don't really know too much about it. All I've seen is a few gameplay videos and from what I've seen on them, it doesn't look too special.

If you can link me a few videos or interviews to try to prove me wrong, I'd love to see them, because right now I think the only thing I'm excited about is Planetside 2.

27. Re: Playable Demo? Sep 17, 2011, 02:02 Fantaz

This game is the one that should revive PC gaming... right? At least for 1st person shooters.  

26. Playable Demo? Sep 16, 2011, 23:49 Ant

Playable demo please?  

25. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 23:10 Creston

Yay!

/excited.

Creston

24. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 20:39 Tanto Edge

Is it leaked yet?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

23. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 20:00 Agent.X7

I pre-ordered this a while ago. I love the whole post-apocalyptic thing, and the art design in this game is great. I don't expect world shattering stories from id, just a solid shooter with pretty sparkles and detailed textures.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

22. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:57 Agent.X7

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 19:22:
Wish I could remember what and where I pre-ordered the most recent games from......

This is why I try to get as much as possible from Amazon. Release day delivery and a nice list that I can look at to see what I pre-ordered and when it is coming out. The only other place I have purchased recent releases from is Steam. (Oh, Deus Ex was from a brick and mortar, but that wasn't a planned purchase.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

21. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:36 siapnar

Cant wait to play this.

The gunplay, art direction, animations (especially transitional - like when a baddie gets shot) and voice acting all look top notch.

As for the story, a good one would be a nice bonus but if the game is fun as hell to play, I wont be all that concerned if the story isn't up to snuff.

I have projectile dysfunction.

20. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:26 theyarecomingforyou

I've actually been playing a lot of Borderlands co-op again recently. When I first played it I guess it didn't have any of the Steam achievements, as I've been getting loads of unlocks and I completed the game on my first playthrough. You also couldn't play it online co-op when I first tried, so that's a big improvement too.

Really looking forward to Borderlands 2. RAGE is looking good as well and it's so rare that games have co-op it's pretty much a must buy.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

19. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:22 xXBatmanXx

Wish I could remember what and where I pre-ordered the most recent games from......  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo