Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - RAGE

"RAGE is ready!!" declares the Bethesda Blog, announcing that id Software's first-person shooter is now complete, and ready for its release on October 4th in North America and October 7th in Europe. They offer a picture of RAGE Senior Brand Manager, old whatshisname, holding final versions of the game for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, and direct those interested in preordering the Anarchy Edition to the RAGE website.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:12 Beelzebud

To me it looks like a souped up version of Borderlands (not that that is a bad thing, mind you), but I'm hoping id blows me away.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:08 KataSteel

Enahs wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:59:
I personally am looking forward to it. The 'feel' of id games are always far superior to other games, at least to me.

yeah I agree, I will take a ID game over any other FPS game. Sep maybe halflife 3.

16. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:05 baltar

Heard amazing things about the pioneer BD 206

Waiting for it to get cheaper than $109 though..

If you wanna go super cheap, the LG's are floating around the 70 mark during sales. Heard they were kinda iffy though..

15. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 19:03 Joss

baltar wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:47:
..Can we get a BD version id?
That reminds me. Any good suggestions for a BluRay burner for a PC?

14. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:59 Enahs

I personally am looking forward to it. The 'feel' of id games are always far superior to other games, at least to me.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

13. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:47 baltar

and i quote their twitter feed:
RAGEgame
09.12.2011 5:30 PM
@nvmisfit the disc swap is needed if you're playing Disc 3 (multiplayer). First wasteland (disc 1), second wasteland (disc 2)

3 dvds, assuming they are dual layer, were talking about 25 gigs. That's epic as hell... Can we get a BD version id?

12. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:40 Overon

Well now is the moment of truth. We shall finally see if the gang over id can do a shooter with a story and we shall see if have abandoned their PC roots like Epic has. We shall see if and how much consolitis is inn the game.

11. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:40 Darks

Wildone wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:35:
yea we should be 'grateful' we get the hand me downs from the consoles..so lucky..

You know what Wildone, get fricking used to it; this is how it is now. You can bitch all you want, but in the end nothingís going to change. If you want to bitch at someone, then blame Microsoft and Sony. And all of the mothers and kiddies who went out and purchased an Xbox and made it the premier gaming platform. This is how it is, and as I said, get over it or just stop playing game period.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:35 Wildone

yea we should be 'grateful' we get the hand me downs from the consoles..so lucky..  

9. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:30 Darks

I just donít follow what all the hatred is towards this game. I personally think itís going to be a lot of fun. Especially playing it Coop. The game looks good, even though they have been showing off the Console shit textures the PC version is going to look way better and play much better. Some of you guys need to spend less time bitching about PC games and just be glad we are still getting games on the PC. All I can say is itís your lose. I know I for one will be enjoying the hell out of this game.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

8. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:23 KataSteel

Can't wait. Got my pre order in.
One of the few games I am looking forward to.

7. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:22 maddog

Also agree. Really can't figure out why, or even how the cars work into it. Now if it was open world ala Red Faction:Guerilla, that would be cool and I could see the benefit of tricked out war machines.

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:18:
Kedyn wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 17:30:
I don't know why, but from what I've seen so far, nothing about this game entices me at all. It looks *very* vanilla.

Agreed. I don't even know if I'll grab it when it finally hits the bargain bin.

6. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 18:18 Cutter

Kedyn wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 17:30:
I don't know why, but from what I've seen so far, nothing about this game entices me at all. It looks *very* vanilla.

Agreed. I don't even know if I'll grab it when it finally hits the bargain bin.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:47 Fibrocyte

I'm looking forward to it. My son has it preordered for the xbox and I will likely nab it for the PC. I haven't played a full single player game in 1.5+ years and just finished DX:HR today. It was a good experience so I think I'll do Witcher2 next and then Rage when it's available.  

4. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:36 Wildone

Console kiddies will LURVVV IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

3. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:30 Kedyn

2. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:22 beigemore

I'd rather have a new Quake x Arena game.  

1. Re: Gone Gold - RAGE Sep 16, 2011, 17:17 DangerDog

cool, now they can get to work on the day one patch.

I wonder how much longer till we get to see stuff from Doom IV?

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2011, 17:29.

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo