Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month

The new GameTrailers mentioned below also features The Guild's Felicia Day, who reveals plans for new Dragon Age II DLC called Mark of the Assassin. Felicia is appearing in the DLC as Tallis, the elven assassin from her Dragon Age web series, not only supplying the character's voice, but doing its motion capture as well. They feature a little bit of cinematic and gameplay footage from the DLC for BioWare's RPG sequel, but avoid giving too much away, as there are apparently "surprises" involved, though they do mention the addition of her character involved creating new combat and stealth mechanics. She says the launch of the DLC on all platforms and the debut of her web series should both occur on October 11.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 23, 2011, 05:12 Julio

The Dragon Age franchise is dead. DA2 sold 50% of what DA:O did...and lots of people bought DA2 and regret it (look at metacritic reviews), DA3 will sell half again (at best) of what DA2 did.

Bioware is unable to comprehend that they made a stupid move with DA2, so there's no hope for DA3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 17, 2011, 00:09 HorrorScope

CythrawL wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 23:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 19:51:
Ok here's another way at this. If you loved BG/DAO and felt they were close enough. What did you think of Drakensang 1 and 2? I mean really they are right down that alley big time. Surely those that love these games have since bought and played them, correct?

Maybe because Drakensang scored pretty average in all reviews I saw.. So I never bothered with either of them. I may pick them up in a Steam Sale, but I am not expecting anywhere near the quality of BG 1 & 2 or DA:O

Well no shit, that's what's been happening. The big boys get the numbers and the smaller studio's get second rate grades. That's how that machine works. Games better then they are scoring are Divinity 2 DKS, TW2, Hunted to name a few. If that is all you go by you are haplessly stuck with all the big name studio's. I was thinking that we were all getting this, but I've been finding out few play these other games. Believe me the small sample of games I listed, there are many people that enjoy them and were in the same boat and then pleasantly surprised. That said TW2 sold 2.5 mil copies, that is nothing to sneeze at.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2011, 00:14.

27. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:31 CythrawL

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 23:24:
You're not wrong, that's just your opinion. No need to be a drama queen about it. If you like the action-filled and shallow DA2 over the old school depth of "boring" DA:O, you're perfectly entitled to feel that way.

The only ones in the wrong are Bioware who insist that DA2 brought many new gamers into the fold, while utterly ignoring the fact that it sold HALF of what DA:O did.

Creston

Because most of those played the Demo that was released weeks before, and saw it was an abomination of a game for those who bought and loved Dragon Age: Origins...

But I fear Dragon Age 3 will be taking the same path and the franchise will die with only one good game (with all the DLC) in its heritage.

Oh well, Roll on Witcher 3....

26. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:27 CythrawL

Jonny wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:45:
Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins.

I didn't. Especially compared to Baldur's Gate II I found DA:O to be deeply mediocre in every respect. However, like a glass of manky, murky water in the middle of a desert it stood out by having pretty much no competition at all.

I'm a bit confused by this though, who the hell is Felicia Day and why is having her name on this DLC apparently a good thing?

Pretty much = Not everyone... Just most... That is all

25. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:25 CythrawL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 19:51:
Ok here's another way at this. If you loved BG/DAO and felt they were close enough. What did you think of Drakensang 1 and 2? I mean really they are right down that alley big time. Surely those that love these games have since bought and played them, correct?

Maybe because Drakensang scored pretty average in all reviews I saw.. So I never bothered with either of them. I may pick them up in a Steam Sale, but I am not expecting anywhere near the quality of BG 1 & 2 or DA:O

24. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:24 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 17:34:
What sucks is one mans garbage is another man's potpourri. There was imo a lot of things fixed with Da2 vs other bioware offerings, short load times being one and with their engine that is important. It also was a very fun action RPG. But the panning has been universal in terms of internet feedback, I'm afraid they'll go back to boring DAO. What is odd the 3 people I play who played DA2, they all liked it a lot to. So we do scratch our heads, but we know we are wrong, because the internet told us so. No one's perfect.

You're not wrong, that's just your opinion. No need to be a drama queen about it. If you like the action-filled and shallow DA2 over the old school depth of "boring" DA:O, you're perfectly entitled to feel that way.

The only ones in the wrong are Bioware who insist that DA2 brought many new gamers into the fold, while utterly ignoring the fact that it sold HALF of what DA:O did.

Creston

23. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 23:20 CythrawL

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 18:39:
DAO for example sill had those 20 second loads where DA2 got it down to 3 seconds. How much the putrid bioware engine needs to load, that is a big deal to us. That's part of the fluid statement.

The way you are talking, it seems that Load Times makes or breaks a game irrespective of the game play... and if it was far enough away from DAO or even BG then WHY THE HELL WAS IT CALLED DRAGON AGE 2 and not some other IP or even a Dragon Age : Dark Emo JRPG Calling and not a follow up to Bioware's recent successful REAL RPG they have done for years???

And while I will agree that Baldur's Gate (1 and 2 and all the expansions) are top of the line when compared to Dragon Age Origins, it still felt like Bioware was taking a right step back to BG style game play with DAO... Now they took it the way for the mass audience with Dragon Age 2 - Ergo console kiddies who have only 3 seconds attention span...

Sorry you cant convince me otherwise. Dragon Age 2 was terrible, and I am glad The Witcher 2 was so far in the opposite direction that I had all but forgotten about Dragon Age 2 until this story was posted..

22. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 20:20 HorrorScope

I wouldn't so that's an opinion. I've been very hard on Bioware for their out-of-date engines (Building on NwN crap). Where many RPG's now have these huge worlds with very little loading or insta loads, they still have a couple city block radius maps load up and until DA2 is was ridiculous the load times for such small area's. Obviously they hired a programmer that schooled them and said "WTF are you guys doing?", he cuts the time by 7, that is huge really. It may seem small to you but that is immersion to me and it's a big deal on my side of the keyboard, part of what makes DA2 just flow better for me. I dream of a Bioware game in a true open world, it's not going to happen because it will cost them $$$ to go away from the base engine of many many years now.

No takers on Drakensang's? We only play what corporate America and their review sites tell us that's good? Oh I thought we were smarter then that. What I've been finding out is most only play the big named games and complain where are more games like _______, while they don't try other varieties out because they aren't EA/Activision/UBI etc, ya know the companies we always bag on but the masses still buy. It's very strange this whole behavior.

There have been some great RPG's the past couple of years, that many simply haven't tried.

21. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 19:57 Wowbagger_TIP

DAO for example sill had those 20 second loads where DA2 got it down to 3 seconds. How much the putrid bioware engine needs to load, that is a big deal to us. That's part of the fluid statement.
I'd much rather have 20-second loads in a good game that I want to play vs. 3-second loads in a game that I have no desire to play. DA2 got just about everything important about an RPG wrong. No way I'm paying for that.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

20. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 19:51 HorrorScope

19. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 19:31 Drayth

Who is she? ...alright...

Ironically titled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grCTXGW3sxQ

I don't watch them, but I at least knew of them. Someone posted this on my FB wall once though and I *love* this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrN3Rh55uM

18. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 18:45 Jonny

Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins.

I didn't. Especially compared to Baldur's Gate II I found DA:O to be deeply mediocre in every respect. However, like a glass of manky, murky water in the middle of a desert it stood out by having pretty much no competition at all.

I'm a bit confused by this though, who the hell is Felicia Day and why is having her name on this DLC apparently a good thing?

17. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 18:39 HorrorScope

CythrawL wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 17:44:
What sucks is one mans garbage is another man's potpourri. There was imo a lot of things fixed with Da2 vs other bioware offerings, short load times being one and with their engine that is important. It also was a very fun action RPG. But the panning has been universal in terms of internet feedback, I'm afraid they'll go back to boring DAO. What is odd the 3 people I play who played DA2, they all liked it a lot to. So we do scratch our heads, but we know we are wrong, because the internet told us so. No one's perfect.

Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins. It was as near Bioware has been to Baldurs Gate 1 (And 2) for years. In fact even Bioware stated it was the "spiritual successor" and in my eyes they did that..

Then Dragon Age 2 came out... and it was everything Dragon Age Origins and Baldurs Gate was not... It was a horrible step backwards with re-spawning Darkspawn, JRPG style battles, repetitive map design, limited choice of characters, and a story that was shit to boot.. Theres a reason Bioware's lead storywriter left due to Dragon Age 2, and to me it fucking shows...

So you can scratch your heads, but you are in a minority in this one by a country mile.

See I saw DAO as still not close to BG, so I didn't buy into that, we (my end friends) generally judge games solely on themselves though, so that is one big difference and could be the factor why we are different from the consensus. And DA2 was far enough away from either BG or DAO in our eyes to be it's own game and for us what it was, leaving any pre-expectations at the door, a game with a solid action model that was very fun and fluid. Yes we know we are wrong about this one, but we also believe in we have to be who we are and not drones or phonies. So we admit but also should get respect for still calling it how we like it and not just going along for going along's sake.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2011, 18:52.

16. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 17:44 CythrawL

Everyone who loved Baldurs Gate, Pretty much loved Dragon Age Origins. It was as near Bioware has been to Baldurs Gate 1 (And 2) for years. In fact even Bioware stated it was the "spiritual successor" and in my eyes they did that..

Then Dragon Age 2 came out... and it was everything Dragon Age Origins and Baldurs Gate was not... It was a horrible step backwards with re-spawning Darkspawn, JRPG style battles, repetitive map design, limited choice of characters, and a story that was shit to boot.. Theres a reason Bioware's lead storywriter left due to Dragon Age 2, and to me it fucking shows...

So you can scratch your heads, but you are in a minority in this one by a country mile.

15. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 17:34 HorrorScope

14. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 17:19 nin

Acleacius wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 16:41:
Bioware is driving off a cliff, not sure if they even realize or care.

But it's in a car made of money! How can this end badly?!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 16:41 Acleacius

Bioware is driving off a cliff, not sure if they even realize or care.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 16:34 Mashiki Amiketo

Prez wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 16:23:
The way I see it, Bioware's next game is critical. They need to knock it out of the park to prove that DA2 was a fluke and it was simply a matter of not having enough time to do a proper sequel.
Hahah yeah...
Well they already pushed ME3 back once. So I guess we'll see, but I think EA's cancerous touch has already taken hold.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 16:23 Prez

The way I see it, Bioware's next game is critical. They need to knock it out of the park to prove that DA2 was a fluke and it was simply a matter of not having enough time to do a proper sequel.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Dragon Age II Mark of the Assassin DLC Next Month Sep 16, 2011, 14:30 Sho

Day and gang are putting on a life-action web series set in the DA universe, with her playing an elf or something. The teaser trailer looked like a fair step up in production values from The Guild.  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo