Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta

GamePro notes that open beta testing of Heroes of Neverwinter on Facebook is now underway. They also offer impressions of this social take on Dungeons and Dragons gaming: "Whatever your feelings on Farmville-esque Facebook games, Heroes of Neverwinter offers a significantly different experience and a fun time for fans of D&D 4e or tactical RPGs. While it's not perfect, it's still early days for the game, so Atari and Liquid will hopefully have plenty of time to listen to community feedback, act on it and deliver the definitive social D&D experience."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 18:44 SimplyMonk

Lobster wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 12:57:
I just love it when they pay lipservice to the D&D fans. Not even D&D 4e is a fun time for fans of D&D.

I miss Baldur's Gate.

D&D4E to me always seemed just like a shallow attempt to appeal to WoW kiddies and the RPGA crowd.

In other words, not for people who actually cared to Role Play.

Just played the FB App a little right now and it translates fairly well to a turn-based strategy game (which I also guess was Wizard of the Coasts goal to sell miniatures). I haven't hit the point where I need to spend real money on it though. I never do, but still fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 12:57 Lobster

I just love it when they pay lipservice to the D&D fans. Not even D&D 4e is a fun time for fans of D&D.

I miss Baldur's Gate.

5. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 12:51 Ruffiana

Wow...holy crap. The last time I heard an announcement that admitted their project 'wasn't perfect' was all the press buildup for Indiana Jones and KotCS

That whole thing could have defintely been worded better.

4. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 12:17 Ozmodan

like Atari ever listens to what fans say lol. The only thing Atari is interested is how much money you spend on it.  

3. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 11:33 Cutter

Don't kid yourself this thing is entirely pay to win. Way to microtransaction heavy and way too expensive.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 10:57 Shagwood

Dammit Creston, you and I think alike. lulz  

1. Re: Heroes of Neverwinter Open Beta Sep 16, 2011, 10:25 Creston

so Atari and Liquid will hopefully have plenty of time to listen to community feedback

Haha, yeah. That'd be an absolute first for Atari Infogrames.

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo