Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I still have Archer in the DVR and I also just got both seasons of Frisky Dingo, so I'm set for an Adam Reed marathon, though since Frisky Dingo episodes are all of 11 minutes, this marathon is more like a 5K. I'm ready for some TV enjoyment, as we decided to further exercise our Arrested Development by checking out Up All Night the other night, which was horrible... Will Arnett was great as a secondary character, but unless this show improves by leaps and bounds I think it may be time to give up on the idea that he can help carry a show in a primary role (though I guess blaming him for the crappy writing in this and Running Wilde is a little unfair, maybe he just needs a new agent).

Primary Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: The King's League.
Red Code Origins Games.
Links: William Shatner hates Star Wars, but as for Leia ... he'd hit that. Set phasers to schwiing!
Bruce Campbell: No Ash in ĎEvil Deadí Remake.
Why Are TVís Top-Rated Shows Ignored at the Emmys? This *has* to be meant as irony.
Stories: Denver Men Accused Of Taking Friend's Corpse On Boys' Night Out. Thanks brother19.
Mother Fired After Taking Time Off To Give Her Son A Kidney. Thanks Digg.
Irish college boots Professor Conan T. Barbarian.
Science: NASA spots Star Wars-like "Tatooine" planet orbiting two stars.
Gamers Play Real Ping Pong.
And All of a Sudden The Downstairs Tenants Heard a Loud Crash.
Media: Star-Studded Star Wars Reenactment of the Day.
Mr. Plinkett: an animated film.
Ewan McGregor learns the title of Star Wars Ep II.
The Funnies: Brevity.
Rhymes with Orange. It's funny 'cause it's true. Thanks dakslf.
The Origin of Batman's Costume.
Follow-up: 'God particle' goes missing: Higgs boson 'may not exist'. Thanks HARDOCP.
NMA: 'Star Wars' fanboys, actors gang up on Lucas.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2011, 12:58  Blue 

kanniballl wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 20:16:
My top 3 fav Krieger quotes

- Your authority is not recognized in Fort KickAss

Easily the best Krieger quote... On the short list for best quotes from the show.

- And *I* love that I have an erection

Even better in full:

And *I* love that I have an erection... that doesn't involve homeless people.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 20:16 kanniballl

Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 20:13:
kanniballl wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 18:25:
Krieger had some of the best random quotes, but all of them have such great lines.

Daaaaaannnnyyyyy!

My top 3 fav Krieger quotes

- Your authority is not recognized in Fort KickAss

- The secret ingredient, is Phone

- And *I* love that I have an erection

Krieger for the win :-)

And an honorable mention to his Flex account rants.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 20:13  Blue 

kanniballl wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 18:25:
Krieger had some of the best random quotes, but all of them have such great lines.

Daaaaaannnnyyyyy!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 18:25 kanniballl

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 15:57:
Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 10:06:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 21:44:
The wife hates it when I mention the DANGER ZONE!

Laaaanaaaa!

*giggle* *giggle* *giggle* (whisper) danger zone

Season 1 of Archer is quite easily the most quotable season of any TV show I've ever seen. Season 2 is good as well, but the one-liners in S1 are just insane.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 15:57 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Sep 17, 2011, 10:06:

Laaaanaaaa!

*giggle* *giggle* *giggle* (whisper) danger zone

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2011, 10:06  Blue 

Laaaanaaaa!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 21:44 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 17:30 Cutter

It sure is slow! In fact I'm making up fully loaded nachos right now complete with frijoles!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 16:10 banddirector

I hate when people violate Cannon cannon canon.

Jeez, Blue, it must REALLY be a slow Friday!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 14:59 Silicon Avatar

That mom who got fired for taking too much leave b/c of a kidney transplant for her son should use all the press she's getting to find another company to work for ASAP.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 14:07  Blue 

Ratty wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 13:13:
OK guys. Seriously, it's canon. One 'n'.

And remember that Frank Cannon carried a snub-nosed revolver. I hate when people violate Cannon cannon canon.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 13:52 Creston

Ratty wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 13:13:

Oops.

Creston

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 13:13 Ratty

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 12:55 kanniballl

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 12:18:

Yes. Yes, it really was. It rewrote practically 90% of existing cannon, it totally and utterly fucked up scientific progression throughout the timeline, and it was just plain fucking bad.
OK, yes... cannon was out the window. An Enterprise before Pike's, retconning Vulcans a little bit, the Expanse, a couple of mini Death Stars, etc. And a bunch of the story archs were rubbish.

But I liked Archer/Tripp/Malcom and a few others. T'Paul was just eye candy but at least had some character development.

I liked the final season, as well as the stand-alones scattered throughout the series. Some of the Expanse episodes were also alright and might as well have been stand-alones.

Was it GREAT? NO
Was it alright? Sure

But it's all just opinion... even 99.9% of people agreeing on something subjective is just opinion.

-Fry, Futurama

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 12:18 Creston

kanniballl wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 11:08:
InBlack wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:57:
Every time I see "Archer" I always think of Captain Archer, and bile comes rushing up my throat. Damn Enterprise is bad...

I don't get the hate. Sure, it wasn't the best Trek to date but it wasn't THAT bad.

Yes. Yes, it really was. It rewrote practically 90% of existing canon, it totally and utterly fucked up scientific progression throughout the timeline, and it was just plain fucking bad.

And as it stands, I liked Scott Bakula as Capt Archer. The writing wasn't that great, and the underlining story-arc wasn't exactly well thought out... but the characters were OK.

No, they were not. Really.

Here, this enterprising soul does a way better job than me explaining why it was so utterly fucking horrible.

Creston

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2011, 13:53.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 12:13 Creston

Blue wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 11:03:
Blue wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:52:
I'm pretty confident that this would not even be in my top 100 all-time run-on sentences.

I realized I left out the name of the other show, so I've helped the situation by adding words.

I'm proud of ya, Blue.

Creston

14. A Gallery of Underwhelmed Onlookers in Video Games Sep 16, 2011, 11:52 Jim

Wow, nothing says awesome user experience on the web like waiting 10 seconds for a page to load so you can look at 2 images, then clicking a next button and waiting 10 seconds for the next 2 images. I would love to see their analytics reports to see what percentage of users actually make it past page 2...  
Jim

13. Re: Mother Fired After Taking Time Off To Give Her Son A Kidney Sep 16, 2011, 11:21 Alamar

This is exactly why I don't bother with the news (other than here; good job Blue : )...

The media plays on your emotions by bringing up irrelevance (previous death/illness/blahblah), interviews the supervisor to make him look like a bad guy, etc...

Some of the facts in the boo-hoo-fest report show that the employee agreed to lose her job to take the time off... And then a big stink was made because she didn't accept the consequences of her actions...

I think it is a crappy situation, and I feel for her... And if it happens to me, I'll be mad, but I'll know that it was my choice (and not much of a choice - Loved ones > other).

Anyhow, enough ranting... I know it's a rare point of view : )

-Alamar

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 11:21 Verno

Up All Night didn't really grab me but its quite early, I remember the first few episodes of many popular comedies being rough. Hell, some shows take a season or two to find their footing. I think it's biggest problem surprisingly is Applegate herself, she just doesn't have the range to do it.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 11:18 Rhino

DDI wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:26:
Eh, Up All Night is funnier if you have young kids. If you don't have kids or can't remember when you were young, I can see how it'd be terrible.

We have a 7 month old, and still all three of us in the house found it pretty bad. The writing couldn't pull together some mildly humourous single moments (Applegate trying to hold the baby's legs... been there at least once a day) into a full episode, and not a single actor looked interested in being there. It felt like actors reading lines, rather than their performances drawing me in.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo