Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony?

French site Planete Battlefield has word that the beta version of Windows edition of Battlefield 3 is ready for release, but waiting on Microsoft and Sony. Here's a machine translation of a comment by Kusa, the game's French community manager: "Regarding the beta on PC, it is ready, but many require a beta preparations, DICE is working to accelerate these preparations with Microsoft and Sony. Once these are completed, the beta will begin." Thanks Ant via Planet Battlefield via a post on the Electronic Arts UK Forums, which has curiously since been deleted. On a related note, a large batch of new Battlefield 3 screenshots can now be found on IGN.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 19:56 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 10:06:
The head of an FPS community I hang out in made a poll on our forums the other day to see if he should setup a BF3 server, so far no one is picking up BF3 which was really surprising to me. They need the beta to be a map that sells it to people because even with EAs ad bux behind it, BF3 is getting lost in a busy shuffle.

A CS community? What else do they play? For some reason it does seem that the crossover between Source engine players and the BF series has been pretty low.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 12:20 SpectralMeat

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 12:09:
Origin website says for me (in German) that my purchase of the BF3 Limited Edition includes this 48 hours early beta access. It does not say "only US" .. so i am fairly unworried by this.
Must be just a standard text then, and probably everyone who has the game preordered will get access to the early beta.

Steam: SpectralMeat

24. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 12:09 eRe4s3r

Origin website says for me (in German) that my purchase of the BF3 Limited Edition includes this 48 hours early beta access. It does not say "only US" .. so i am fairly unworried by this.  

23. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 11:17 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:27:
Depends on how they're doing it, but if you're going to be testing on this level it's often easier to test on all platforms at once. That way all changes get rolled out together.

Depends on what those changes are. Hopefully they remember that there's a significant difference between M/KB and gamepads and balance accordingly.

Good point. A huge chunk of the balancing needs to be different.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 10:20 SpectralMeat

One other thing I've mentioned in the other thread but not sure how many of you saw it, the early beta is for US Origin customers only. At least according to the Origin website.

I hope this is only apply to the early beta not the whole beta all together, or that will piss off a lot of people. The early beta is only 48 hrs long anyways so no big deal.

21. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 10:13 CptJohnny

So let's withhold a product that they are marketing for early access to pre sale buyers, because the other two platforms aren't ready. The gap between the release of the beta, and retail is getting closer.

What's the point in pre buying if they are going to hold out on us.

I wonder if I can do a small claims for the max. amount and win.

20. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 10:06 Verno

The head of an FPS community I hang out in made a poll on our forums the other day to see if he should setup a BF3 server, so far no one is picking up BF3 which was really surprising to me. They need the beta to be a map that sells it to people because even with EAs ad bux behind it, BF3 is getting lost in a busy shuffle.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

19. Re: PC BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 09:53 eRe4s3r

Yeah.. i am really hoping that Dice has a brain and opens all the game-modes and all map-sizes for the beta...

But who knows.. we'll see soon enough

18. Re: PC BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 09:36 SpectralMeat

Would be nice to get Caspian Boarder for beta map, but I doubt they'll do that. That would, you know generate way too much awesomeness and people who are on the fence about this game may actually end up buying it.  

17. Re: PC BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 09:15 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 20:47:
They are technically all 64 player maps ;p Since they want to do stress testing, they probably gonna open up 1 map entirely for the beta, like they did with bc2.

Conversely, that 1 map will become the least played map of all the maps after release ;p

If it's Rush Metro with 24 or 32 players again I'm gonna LOL.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

16. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 08:41 necrosis

They want to release the beta at the same time yet they fail to do this with the full game over and over again screwing the PC players.

What a crock of shit.

15. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 08:01 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:27:
Hopefully they remember that there's a significant difference between M/KB and gamepads and balance accordingly.
Maybe... although I've seen enough PC games come out that forget that and make it agonizing to play with M/KB.

14. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 07:30 eRe4s3r

Hehe ;p If there is even 1% chance that it leads to improved spam.....

I mean seriously, wedding dresses? Who the hell would buys wedding dresses on-line?

On second thought, maybe thats why they spam that ;p

13. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 07:27 Dades

You sure told that bot.  

12. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 05:12 eRe4s3r

Posting links to wedding dresses on a geeky gamer grumble site is.. totally absurd. At least spam properly, you noob!  

11. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 04:56 InBlack

Well Im skipping this one, Ive lost all love for the "Modern Warfare FPS" genre....Buy one game, see em all.....

Oh and Ive played my share of Battlefield games to death too so, live and let live. Im waiting for Diablo3 TYVM.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. removed Sep 16, 2011, 04:53 adawei

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 16, 2011, 08:14.

9. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 00:32 DangerDog

They screwed up long ago when they tied the BF3 "early access" to the beta with the purchase of Medal of Honor.

Now they can't give early access to one platform without affecting another.

8. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 16, 2011, 00:27 Jerykk

Depends on how they're doing it, but if you're going to be testing on this level it's often easier to test on all platforms at once. That way all changes get rolled out together.

Depends on what those changes are. Hopefully they remember that there's a significant difference between M/KB and gamepads and balance accordingly.

7. Re: BF3 Beta Waiting MS & Sony? Sep 15, 2011, 23:53 Beamer

eunichron wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 21:44:
If the PC is their "lead platform" logic would dictate that they could release the PC beta first, and it's OK to make the consoles wait.

Oh well.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo