Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched

Steam News announces a new patch is now automatically available for Deus Ex: Human Revolution with a number of fixes and changes for Eidos Montreal's action/RPG prequel. The new version adds the ability to skip intros and a windowed mode along with fixes for stuttering problems, crashes, and more. Word is a future patch will add support for NVIDIA 3DVision and Surround. Here are the change notes.

The new patch addresses a variety of issues as well as adds some new features:

Fixes:

• We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
    • Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
    • Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
    • Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
  • Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
  • Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn’t open.
  • The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
  • Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
  • A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
  • An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
  • Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
  • Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
  • Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
  • In DX9 mode:
  • Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
  • Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:

• The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
  • Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
  • Added windowed mode.
    • Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
  • Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround.

We hope this patch will allow players to further enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 18, 2011, 03:20 Fantaz

Is that surround meaning surround sound or surround vision? Also I have no idea why they didn't support 3D Vision initially...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 09:11 Verno

There's updated DLC enablers, no-intro patches and etc already. People have been talking about unskippable intros since the dawn of gaming, it is one of those dumb things that will never go away.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 08:47 necrosis

Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
People use mouse trails?

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 08:05 Dev

Creston wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:10:
Woot for finally patching the intro videos. It always baffles me that devs never think of this shit.

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE 900 VIDEOS OF EVERYBODY YOU WORK WITH.

They figured this out for the credits, but still seem to think you want to see that fucking Nvidia or AMD logo every time you start up. No. I just want to start straight into the damn menu.

Creston
Wait so they say you can skip, but you can't skip everything? Stupid. I'll keep using the burger menu thing to skip then.

22. removed Sep 16, 2011, 04:55 adawei

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 16, 2011, 08:14.

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 04:41 Cholma

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 01:35:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:29:
(In my testing, it appears that Tranq shots to the shoulders and above kill instead of knockout.)
That didn't happen to me at all. I tranqed guys in the head on a several occasions and still got the Pacifist achievement.

Some gang members in Detroit do die if you shoot them in the head with tranqs for some reason. I know the one outside that apartment for the dirty cop quest does. I got the pacifist achievement anyway though, so I think it is just a label error.

Ooh. Good to know. I've been reloading the game every time one of my knockouts show as dead instead.

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 02:33 ^Drag0n^

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 21:57:

Does the burger menu still work?!?!

An updated version is available on page 3 of this post on the Official Deus Ex Forums.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 01:35 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 00:29:
(In my testing, it appears that Tranq shots to the shoulders and above kill instead of knockout.)

That didn't happen to me at all. I tranqed guys in the head on a several occasions and still got the Pacifist achievement.

Some gang members in Detroit do die if you shoot them in the head with tranqs for some reason. I know the one outside that apartment for the dirty cop quest does. I got the pacifist achievement anyway though, so I think it is just a label error.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 00:29 Jerykk

As for this new patch, it actually made things worse for me. I still get stuttering and now I get major graphical issues during the stutters as well.

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 00:24 Cholma

They need to fix the "Pacifist" badge.

Having it count during the opening non-augmented level is bogus. There are no melee weapons in the game or option for a knockout, so your only choice is to sneak past the bad guys.

What kind of Chief of Security avoids a fight when people are attacking his company? I felt like such a coward having to sneak by those guys.

Also, it's really frustrating to find that after hours of sneaking around you don't get the badge because of a bug that causes knocked-out NPCs to be killed instead. (In my testing, it appears that Tranq shots to the shoulders and above kill instead of knockout.)

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 00:11 Creston

Xoxotl wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 20:50:
I wonder if this patch removes the obnoxious advertisements for the Blu-Ray re-release of the Star Wars series from my loading screens.

:-blink-: :-blink-:

I've never seen a single ad in a loading screen? Confused

Creston

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 16, 2011, 00:10 Creston

Woot for finally patching the intro videos. It always baffles me that devs never think of this shit.

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE 900 VIDEOS OF EVERYBODY YOU WORK WITH.

They figured this out for the credits, but still seem to think you want to see that fucking Nvidia or AMD logo every time you start up. No. I just want to start straight into the damn menu.

Creston

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 23:08 Tanto Edge

Well, right on.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:25 StingingVelvet

If this fixes my stuttering the game will literally be perfection.  

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:20 nin

Based on the eidos forums, it looks like "no"...

edit: or not...

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2011, 23:07.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:08 Wolfen

It's updated on the original forum post.

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:05 nin

I wonder if this patch removes the obnoxious advertisements for the Blu-Ray re-release of the Star Wars series from my loading screens.

Yeah, I sent Blue something on that. Looked kinda annoying.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:01 Krovven

I haven't seen ads on my loading screen.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 22:00 ^Drag0n^

I will find out in about...3 minutes.

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Sep 15, 2011, 21:59 ^Drag0n^

Seriously? You find Ads in the loading screen obnoxious? Shit, that's when I go to the fridge. You must find those signs on the side of the freeway unbearable

^D^

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo