Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate Tokyo Next Week

T3 Fun announces the Hellgate Tokyo expansion for Hellgate Global will go live in one week on September 22. They describe all this will bring to the free-to-play online action/RPG, including a new storyline, new Cow Room and Base Defense modes, and the reopening of Hell mode.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 20:36 ItBurn

Oh no, you had to take 30 seconds more in order to get in the same instance... And as far as the instance thing goes, you can join anyone, forever. Unless they're in a zone you don't have access to... In this case, your friends can give you access to the zones by going to the end of them and having you warp to them. I've logged hundreds of hours in coop, it works great...

I mean, unless you're overly bitchy/lazy, these are minor inconveniences for a free game, let alone, one that is that fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 16:56 DeadlyAccurate

ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2011, 09:17:
I never understood why some people didn't like it. I guess it's because they expected something else. This is a coop action rpg shooter with very deep loot and leveling systems, what's not to like?

Within an hour of trying the game with friends, I ran into two major flaws that should never have made it to the first release, let alone the second one. First, there's a bug where when your team pops through a portal, not everyone is visible to everyone else. You have to pop in and out until everyone syncs up. Second, in testing the game, I'd run a quest in single player mode. When I joined my group and they picked up the quest, I wasn't able to join them. I couldn't even enter the instance to help.

I like playing action RPGs with friends, but that game was just horrible.

6. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 10:20 Shineyguy

But have they fixed the bugs yet? Added servers to reduce lag during heavy usage times? Added DX10 support back?

Those are the important questions. I'd rather they fix the issues first then release the Tokyo expansion stuff.

Also, there is a weird mouse issue that some have (including myself), where the game doesn't want to let you look on the Z-axis (or diagonally, will only allow X or Y one at a time..), but only while looking and moving around. Mouse works perfectly fine in menus (press I or O or J, mouse works fine), and also when you hold the ALT key to select buttons and icons on the UI.

5. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 09:17 ItBurn

The game is just like the old version, but with more content and some improvements. In one word, it's a great game.

I never understood why some people didn't like it. I guess it's because they expected something else. This is a coop action rpg shooter with very deep loot and leveling systems, what's not to like?

4. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 09:00 Lobster

That's great and all but... did they make it any good yet?

Signed,
The Owner of a Now-Useless Lifetime Subscription to Hellgate: London

3. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 08:54 Fibrocyte

I tried the reborn version of Hellgate London several weeks ago and this game is just.... awful.

And graphics, gameplay, story aside - the lag was just horrendous.

2. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 16, 2011, 01:49 Kitkoan

Lesaonar wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 23:47:
WTH? When did the IP get sold?

Back in May. http://www.bluesnews.com/s/121879/hellgate_s-north-american-f2p-return

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

1. Re: Hellgate Tokyo Next Week Sep 15, 2011, 23:47 Lesaonar

WTH? When did the IP get sold?  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo